Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scalino
Your Bronco Model
Base
They conveniently neglected to include the biggest Bronco advantage:

NOT A FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILE.

Jeep is failing to account for Bronco buyers like myself: I'd never buy a Jeep because of the build quality, reliability issues, and the Jeep owner stigma. Sure, plenty of the less-than-ideal Jeep owners will buy a Bronco, but Jeep carries the biggest douchebag following of any automotive niche in the world. I'd rather drive a fartcan-equipped Honda over an angry-unibrowed mall crawler Jeep.
Sponsored

DTM2929

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Some Jeep propaganda I found.

bronco vs jeep proaganda 1.jpg
bronco vs jeep proaganda 2.jpg
bronco vs jeep proaganda 3.jpg
bronco vs jeep proaganda 4.jpg
I had to laugh when I saw the side by side pictures of the Bronco and Wrangler on the 1st page. Obvious photo crop reducing the size of the Bronco to make the Wrangler stand out. This article screams fear!!! Love it

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2wd (2H) is the regular mode. All models will also have 4H and 4L... and some will have 4A (which automatically shifts from 2H to 4H when wheel slip is detected).

If you need more info or have more questions regarding drivetrain, you should ask them in the appropriate section:Transmission, Axles, Gears
I have no need dig deeper into gearing threads. Your detailed description was beautiful. Thank you. What I really wanted to ask about was burnouts and drifting in the snow. 2(H). Perfect. ?

robaayyy

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That has got to be pettier than a 15 year old couple blasting each other on Instagram because they broke up. Jeep is sh*tting their pants so hard it’s oozing through the crevices in their pants. I have never seen a car company do this, this is so funny ? well they took their shot... so why not take a stab at them. F*ck it. Let’s get petty!

Fold-down-windshields - this is single handedly one of the dumbest features on the wrangler. I never use it. Nor does anyone I have ever met in the Jeep community. There are hundreds of thousands of YouTube videos of off roading activity in a Jeep and not one with anyone actually folding down their window unless it’s a video specifically made to showcase that feature. It isn’t even convenient, it’s a hassle to take down. I cannot stress how much we don’t need this. “Their claim seems to be based solely on the fact that they eliminated a center overhead crossbar” are you kidding me!? That’s all they need to do!! That fat ass bar in the Jeeps is ridiculously unnecessary. I bet when the Bronco made its debut they scolded their design team like “why In the heck didn’t we ever think to eliminate that!? Why is the cross bar still there!? What are we even paying you for!?”

The mirrors stay with doors argument is balgona too. That’s another scolding to their design team. They should just terminate them all in one go and replace them. I’m almost certain you’ll be able to remove the mirrors on the Bronco or at the very least fold them. Not only is it harder to remove the doors on the Wrangler (more bolts) but you lose the mirrors, making it illegal to drive on road but also making you turn to the aftermarket to install flimsy mirrors that add to the cost of the already overpriced vehicle. And the inconvenience of having to install and reinstall everytime you want to take the doors off. No thanks.

The whole more accessories argument, well no sh*t Sherlock. The Bronco just returned. You guys have been making this vehicle and stacking your parts catalogue for decades. I promise you every aftermarket parts manufacturer that makes Jeep parts is scrambling left and right and jumping up and down excited because they’re about to make a grip ton more money selling parts for the Bronco. And i’d give it 2 years before Ford has a larger parts catalog.

Also look at them continue to flaunt their non existent models and concept cars. That’s like me going up to a massive bodybuilder and being like “I’m not worried about you, in two years I’ll be significantly more muscular than you... if my diet and exercise program work and stuff”

That whole SFA and IFS argument I’m getting annoyed of. Yes In my experience the articulation on a SFA is greater and much more convenient when rock crawling. That being said, we’ve all witnessed this Bronco take on the toughest trails that Jeep has taken on and conquered them all with relative ease if I may add, unless the videos are CGI lol. So unless you’re taking your Wrangler on a journey to the center of the earth and discover an off road obstacle course that can only be finished with a SFA and it saves you from a giant T-Rex and you would have never made it with an IFS car then don’t talk to me! I’ll be sitting much more comfortably with my Independant suspension setup. Thank you very much.

And then they’re also flaunting their awards and “wave membership” the Bronco hasn’t even come out yet, relax! omg. You don’t even know what the Bronco will be capable of or what kind of safety awards or anything else it will be earning. Stop trying to make your little brochure longer by just throwing in stuff Jeep, jeez Louis.
Maybe save some money by printing a shorter brochure and replace that design team we talked about. And while you’re at it, the person who wrote the petty brochure too because the amount of typos is staggering. My goodness. Lol.

Okay enough ranting ?? I just wanted to get a couple things off my chest and address some of the more immediate things that stood out to me. I haven’t been this petty since my high school sweetheart broke my heart. It kind of felt good.

TheBluePariah97

First Edition
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is so hilarious ? as someone who has a BBA in marketing and pursuing an MBA in marketing this is amazing ???

They are so scared ?

Sponsored

Carreratime

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, '68 Alfa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trying to diminish the new Bronco and Bronco Sport is FCAs way of soothing their dealers worries, even pulling out the V8 concept as proof that Jeep is still relevant. With FCA merging with Peugeot and becoming "Stellantis" next year, the uncertainty about Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and RAMs future isn't going to help matters for dealers.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Kudos to FCA for actually trying to train their sales people to answer questions and make sales. I hate going into a dealership and dealing with a clueless sales person.

2dw780pzg4u11.jpg
Lol, I've been in IT for 26 years. I feel this same way everytime I walk into a Fry's or Best Buy. It's like no, pimple faced 17 year old Geek Squader, I do not need any help. I've designed and built mega million dollar systems. By the way where the F is printer ink?

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

On the JK I believe the options were either/or. Lockers on the rubicon, otherwise on the other trims you could spec a limited slip.
If you didn’t have either you’d get the individual brake application trick to prevent wheel spin.

(This is from memory, so I could very well be incorrect.)
I had a Sahara JKU was a 2016 no lockers. That was something to be added later which I never did bc I sold it. Now my Hummer which was an 2006 Base. It came from the factory with a rear locker.

Vandy

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was about ready to drop $50+ on a fully loaded Rubicon when the Bronco was announced. Needless to say Jeep lost me as a customer. They should be scared.

Sponsored

Tomandhistruck

Base
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
twin locked H3, lifted mazda b2600, tesla 3
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been wheeling IFS rigs for about a decade now and with the new mods that people have been innovatively engineering, IFS shouldn't be a fighting word for wheelers anymore. I mean, yeah. It's more expensive to lift. Front Drops are a thing to correct some funky angles on your half shafts. Front Bash Plates are the most important thing to most wheelers rocking the IFS system and the alignment goes out a lot. There are solutions to all of this for a moderate cost. You can still get great gearing, flex and amazing tire size with more advanced traction control that will give a lot of IFS rigs the edge over straight axle in a lot of situations. Straight axle will always be more rugged and in a lot of case, more durable. you can still get 37s on a lot of IFS rigs and I'm sure with Sasquatch and a leveling kit, the bronco can get 37s, too. Should spin them no problem coupled with the 4.7 gear ratio and minimum 270hp, too. The list of advantages and reasons why the bronco and the jeep are great competitors for each other could go on and on. I can't wait to see serious wheelers go out together sporting both brands.

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The whole mirrors thing they are pointing out is really petty on their part. You really think Ford is that dumb and wouldnt allow you to take off the mirrors even if they are attached to the body? Looking at this picture it looks like there are some screws there for where you can still take off the mirrors.

And even if you cant take off the mirrors you can still compare where the mirrors are located to where they would be on the jeep with the doors on and they are basically in the same spot. Its not like the mirrors on the bronco are extended and will smack into the trees on the trail.

accessories-concept-trail-rig-concept-2-door-6-jpg.jpg

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Jeep is only recognizable throughout the world because they haven’t redesigned it since it’s inception.
I'm 100% Bronco, but I've almost purchased a number of different models of Jeeps over the years, but never wanted to pull the trigger for various reasons. I do however appreciate Jeep's history having almost purchased a 1947 wagon or a 1953 Hurricane to restore. Saying "they haven’t redesigned it since it’s inception" means you don't understand Jeep history so here is a good photo of all the generations of Jeeps.

Jeep-Wrangler-models-through-the-years_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.