Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the worst thing was when I asked if they checked the power steering fluid because I had some squealing and he said "I don't think they have power steering - they're electric steering systems - and you don't really need to worry about things like fluids because the check engine light will come on."
I mean, they aren’t really that wrong. There is no power steering fluid. I’d still check other fluids every once in a while, but I’m sure they’re doing that during the multipoint inspection anyway.
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The last independent service shop I went to for a oil change and a smog test, the reason I went there with a coupon, and the tech tried to pressure me into a front break job that needed to be done today or at least within a week to avoid metal on metal. "Do it today and it's $40 for the pads & $100 for labor and you'll save $100 compared to if they wear completely out", I only had the car for two years (16k miles) and it had new brakes when I bought it, so I declined. Plus I can change both of the front brake pads in about 30 mins or less.

Note: I live in a condo with carports and I'm allowed to do a brake pad change, but not an oil change or any fluids in my carport.

I pulled a front tire off and checked the pads and 80% of the pads were left! Assholes got me in with a coupon for a cheap oil change and smog check and tried to rip me off on a break service I'm betting they wouldn't even have even done.
Our issue is with a local Chevy dealer. They installed a new Master Cylinder in my wife's truck. They messed something up, we got it back and the brakes pulsated real bad. We brought it back. I had just changed the front rotors and they said we needed new front rotors. They said they were dirty and had to turn them. I did not believe that. So they said they did that, pulsating was less but then all of a sudden the back rear brake shoes and drums were bad. They wanted like 900 to do the job. I think they took the brakes apart and expected us to bite. I said no thanks got the truck back and ordered new back drums for 80.00. I already had the new shoes for 40.00. parts from Rock Auto. When I went to change out the back shoes I noticed the decorative hubs held on with plastic caps threaded to the lug nuts, one was not tightened. the other 5 were way over tightened. The one not tightened they put on a different lug nut- they lost the original lug nut and left the plastic cap just flopping there. Then when I went to change the shoes and drums it was like some hacker was in there. Parts bent, deformed, cracked adjuster fork too. I replaced the bad parts, put on the new shoes, new drums and new, proper lug nut on in a couple of hours. Truck is good as new. Total cost was less than $140.00 for everything. Truck is better than ever now. Happy wife, happy life. Thank goodness for Rock Auto. I have so magnets my fridge is covered, LOL.

OP
OP

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's amazing. I had no idea. Though tey said there was no multipoint.

I mean, they aren’t really that wrong. There is no power steering fluid. I’d still check other fluids every once in a while, but I’m sure they’re doing that during the multipoint inspection anyway.

Scooter2

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F250 Tremor / 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2022 F250 with small transmission pan leak - Set appt for next day with Star Ford in Glendale -
Didnt care I didnt buy from them, got the truck back in 48 hours (they only have 1 diesel tech btw), but still waiting on part. Allowed me to take truck home and will repair once part comes in. Fully covered by warranty.
This is pretty much the norm with them on any of our past Ford vehicles. (F150x3/F250/Mustang/Explorer) - Rock Stars.
No drama, no BS - in / out and on to the next..

soylent_green

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco, 14 Raptor, 23 Big Bend, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford owner (Raptor and F150) and Bronco ordered. I have nothing but good to say about my experience. Text my CS Rep, sets up appointment, good followup, etc.

I had used a Penske Ford dealership for a short time - switched because I was in the neighborhood and stopped to make an oil change appointment only to be told I had to call an 800 to do that. Ya, kinda petty reason to change but now satisfied with the better service and attention at other dealership.

Sponsored

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same story up here in Seattle. Purchase experience was amazing , honored MSRP and great to work with. Service is a nightmare. No loaners, no estimated completion times or dates, even simple oil change is an entire day waiting for service.

DetroitChris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same story up here in Seattle. Purchase experience was amazing , honored MSRP and great to work with. Service is a nightmare. No loaners, no estimated completion times or dates, even simple oil change is an entire day waiting for service.
Exactly my experience. Purchase was amazing, sales rep was amazing & they honored MSRP. Once it got to needing service it all went downhill from there.

straycatboat

Base
First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford customer service is horrific. I have a high pitched whistling noise coming from the front and very loud squeaks coming from the back. I can’t find any dealers in Michigan that can give me an appointment and provide a loaner car. My Bronco has around 2,000 miles on it and I spent over $60,000 on it. All Ford dealers I’ve spoken to can tell me is to drop it off and they will get to it when they get to it… which could be days or weeks… without a loaner car. Ford customer service will probably reach out to you on this message board and ask for your VIN so they can help you. They are worthless. They won’t do anything for you. They basically just want your VIN so they can keep track of how many problems they are having and when the truck was built, etc., and really don’t care about anything beyond that. This is my 4th brand new Ford vehicle in a row and most likely my last. The lack of loaner cars for people that have brand new vehicles with a number of issues that need to be addresses is ridiculous. Ford corporate should be ashamed of their horrible customer service. At the ABSOLUTE VERY LEAST Ford should be comping rental car fees while the dealers address all these problems we are having.

The head of the Bronco division at Ford should have been fired and drop kicked out of Ford headquarters a long time ago. They have failed at their job. From the terrible rollout, lack of parts to fix brand new vehicles sitting at dealerships, terrible customer service, recalls, no loaner vehicles and all the other countless issues - the head of the Bronco team has completely failed at their job and should be replaced by someone more competent immediately!
This is my exact experience: Ford customer service will probably reach out to you on this message board and ask for your VIN so they can help you. They are worthless.
They just want to close out the case number on their desk and go on to the next, not doing their job, slackers!

macmc138

Wildtrak
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I only have experience with 2 Ford dealerships and they both have been awful. Currently, the Bronco that I had for less than a day from purchase, has a powertrain issue. I dropped it off, with an appointment time for yesterday, and it still hasn’t even been looked at. Heck, they wouldn’t even return my messages so I had to borrow a car and drive to the dealership to find that out.
Sponsored