Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMG_5179.png

From Fort Mill Ford in South Carolina. Somehow, they took a Time Machine and set their service pricing to 1996 rates!
That is a good price. My dealer offers 3/$90. The only catch is they are supposed to be used within 1 year. They are flexible if you go a little past a year. I figure I'm getting that extra mid-cycle oil change for free.

Dealers do this as a loss-leader, figuring that while you're there, if something else needs to be done, you'll probably have them do it. That's why the service includes the multi-point inspection as it's pretty common someone will need an air filter changed or something else. You don't have to do the other services, but enough people do that it's worth their while.
Ford Bronco Can anyone beat this? Works Maintenance Package service for $39.95 Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 11.03.24 AM
Sponsored

Last edited:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most vehicles require 7 quarts now, and they charge you shelf price for the additional oil over the included 5, which is usually $10-15 a quart.
My dealer doesn't charge, even though the promo says they can.

OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer is $25 oil change for vehicles purchased there for the life of the vehicle. They also picked up the Bronco in my driveway and dropped it off last oil change for free (I'm guessing this part wont last)
$25 is great! Okay, you're the only one who actually saw my title (Can anyone beat this?) and you beat it!

Winner, winner, chicken dinner, plus extra credit for reading comprehension!

My place also offers pickup/delivery within a 15 minute radius, but I didn't want their valet dealing with a 7MT any longer than necessary.

OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$25 is great! Okay, you're the only one who actually saw my title (Can anyone beat this?) and you beat it!

Winner, winner, chicken dinner, plus extra credit for reading comprehension!

My place also offers pickup/delivery within a 15 minute radius, but I didn't want their valet dealing with a 7MT any longer than necessary.
But did his $25 include the tire rotation, multi-point inspection and fluid top-off? I think I beat him if it didn't. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But did his $25 include the tire rotation, multi-point inspection and fluid top-off? I think I beat him if it didn't. :)
Okay, you win, too!

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, you win, too!
That said, I think even your price is good. Tire rotation is a pain, so if you get the oil and filter and rotation for $40, that alone is worth it. Fill up the windshield washer fluid--there's another couple of bucks. :)

kr_1315

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Tundra, Explorer, IS500, '23 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The only way to get a good deal is for them to pay me.
A lot.
It's surprising to me how few DIYers there are on an enthusiast site.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’d rather strip the drain plug, or leave it loose myself, thank you very much! 😬

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't believe there're that many dealers out there willing to pay for advertising and lose money on the service, wow.

Sponsored
OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot.
Okay, Dad...

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot.
Some things just aren't worth DIY. I could not do the work myself for that price. I prefer to save my time for things that justify it. For example, I do my brakes because I can save money. But with each job, I evaluate the cost vs. my time spent, my knowledge or confidence in doing the job correctly vs. screwing something up, etc. I get that some people enjoy DIY stuff like oil changes, but I'm not one of them. Now would I take my vehicle to Jiffy Lube even if it was less than the dealer? No way.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't believe there're that many dealers out there willing to pay for advertising and lose money on the service, wow.
You'd be surprised how much they make. You can't get business if the customer doesn't come in. A lot of customers approve the other work because they're already there and there are a surprising number of people who don't do any service work on their vehicles. Not even replacing an air filter.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'd be surprised how much they make. You can't get business if the customer doesn't come in. A lot of customers approve the other work because they're already there and there are a surprising number of people who don't do any service work on their vehicles. Not even replacing an air filter.
We raise ours a few bucks every couple of years to account for price increases and the old folk lose their minds. Right now we're not breaking even and go into the hole once overtime kicks in. Quit doing retail work on Saturday because it was a complete loss and my guys need a break.
Sponsored