Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It is called a loss leader. It gets people in the door and the service advisor can recommend other services during the visit... Some avoid the "service advice" so that they create a habit.

Ask yourself, IF you have your vehicle serviced (not doing it yourself) how often do you change the service location? Once a customer starts going to a place they tend to continue until they have a "bad" experience.
Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, if it's too good to be true, it usually is.

There's a "disclaimer" by the title (signified with the "5") which would have additional fine print details, likely near the bottom of the page. My guess is this is a basic oil change on a very basic/small vehicle, and prices go up from there. There's no way that's for a Bronco.
Typically it's a set number of quarts, anything over that incurs additional charges.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ive taken mine in 4 times now. Its 79.95 for synthetic with 5 tire rotation. After taxes and shop supplies it comes out to 90 something. Totally worth it to me vs going to the store to buy the oil and filter, making a mess in my driveway, disposing of the oil (properly), and then the struggle of getting under the car and back up (Im old and lazy). Thats doesnt even factor in the rotation.
I'm old enough and partially disabled...not wanting to be under the Bronco in Houston's weather is enough of a reason for me to pay someone. Add in that it's all documented in the vehicle history I have proof if anything ever goes wrong.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm old enough and partially disabled...not wanting to be under the Bronco in Houston's weather is enough of a reason for me to pay someone. Add in that it's all documented in the vehicle history I have proof if anything ever goes wrong.
Yea the documentation helps too. Less for me to keep up with.

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great way to get them in for service, and checking out the showroom and wandering the lot. Makes for a great sales technique.
Right. I swear every time I bring it in I get emails from their used car department wanting to appraise and make me an offer. When I reply with "it's still in the bay, walk over and look at it" they go silent.

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'd rather spend the extra money and time and do it myself. The "value" of doing it yourself and knowing you are doing the job with care is worth it to me. Not to mention it also gives you the opportunity to check surrounding components to insure everything is tight/looks good which is an added dividend. Going cheap and saving a few bucks on the front end will always cost you more on the back end, IMO.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is called a loss leader. It gets people in the door and the service advisor can recommend other services during the visit... Some avoid the "service advice" so that they create a habit.

Ask yourself, IF you have your vehicle serviced (not doing it yourself) how often do you change the service location? Once a customer starts going to a place they tend to continue until they have a "bad" experience.
Is that like Walmart's cheapo oil service-but-we'll-hold-your-car-hostage-for-3-4-hours-while-you-find-crap-to-buy-in-the-rest-of-the-store?

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cheap oil changes are somewhat common at dealers, although that price was extra cheap.

It's a lost leader, businesses have been doing this for years to get you in the door.

As long as you're there, you know it's time for new filters at 110 bucks, transmission fluid, radiator washout ..... you get the idea.

I'll never forget when a dealer told me they wanted over 100 bucks to replace an air filter. I looked at him and said, that job takes less than 2 minutes and that's if I stop to drink my coffee for a minute and a half.
Sadly that part about the air filter is true... and that's the labor charge. My brother in law took his Bronco in for an oil change and they told him his cabin air filter should be replaced. He said ok and had them do it. When he went to leave he saw the charge of $85 for labor on that. Afterwards I showed him where it was and how easy it is to get to. He wasn't very happy.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Is that like Walmart's cheapo oil service-but-we'll-hold-your-car-hostage-for-3-4-hours-while-you-find-crap-to-buy-in-the-rest-of-the-store?
Similar... Yes.

Sponsored

Camp Hell Yeah.

Everglades
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Tover
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Cheap oil changes are somewhat common at dealers, although that price was extra cheap.

It's a lost leader, businesses have been doing this for years to get you in the door.

As long as you're there, you know it's time for new filters at 110 bucks, transmission fluid, radiator washout ..... you get the idea.

I'll never forget when a dealer told me they wanted over 100 bucks to replace an air filter. I looked at him and said, that job takes less than 2 minutes and that's if I stop to drink my coffee for a minute and a half.
dealerships ! They gotta make money somehow. Took in my range rover last month. Advisor asked me if I wanted them to replace my windshield wipers. I said how much? $200 was the answer ! I asked him if that included a bottle of champagne. Some things are just plain ridiculous.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Similar... Yes.
The sad thing is, even knowing that, I've still bought things in the past while waiting... I guess I could always replace my pickup with a Ranger Raptor. lol

e34john

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e10, e30, e34
Your Bronco Model
Base
Targeted campaign probably for customers that haven't been back in a certain period of time.
Yup haha. Used to cycle between the local dealers depending on who sent the coupon. But now I found a good shop who will do it for 25 bucks using my own parts.

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@DriveAllNight (page 1) called it a "lost leader." Minor correction, Bro: the term is "loss leader." Here's how the gambit works: Get the customer in the door to exploit something cheap, then entice them with regularly priced merchandise. Example:

Your supermarket promotes a high-end steak at a cheap (Relative to other meats, everything's inflated prices these days.) Now you're there with your shopping car, and you go out the door with ten or fifteen things you hadn't planned on buying.
At a dealer, it gives them a chance to look for other things that might get sold: a light that's out, a belt that's loose, etc. "By the way, we have a special on detailing..."
That's why shops love to perform low-profit state vehicle inspections. If you need a rear light fixed, you're more inclined to pay the full price just to get it done and pass the inspection than take the temporary sticker and have to come back for a follow-up inspection.

The OP's included image said, "Ask your advisor..." Correction! Ask your salesman....."

JR23

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer is $25 oil change for vehicles purchased there for the life of the vehicle. They also picked up the Bronco in my driveway and dropped it off last oil change for free (I'm guessing this part wont last)
Sponsored