First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We raise ours a few bucks every couple of years to account for price increases and the old folk lose their minds.
I hear you on that. Part of my wife's job is handling customer service for a company that has a lot of senior citizen customers. They are going nuts after the company revamped their loyalty program. The seniors already get discounts, but now don't get free stuff as quickly because the company was making no money on the seniors. Oh, the comments she tells me. One of my favorites: "I'd rather you just raise prices and keep the program the way it was." Yeah, right. Raise a price by 25 cents and they start storming the castle with sharpened pitchforks. 💀
Sponsored

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Glad you found a good deal. Sometimes the risk is not necessarily the cost, but the service. My buddy got a great deal on a service package of oil changes for x years on his wife's new car. Very much a DIYer, but said the price was so cheap he just couldn't say no. Took it in for its first oil change last week. Got home and saw the puddle under the car. Drain plug was barely in. He is now in the process of requesting his money back for the service plan and will change oil and other covered services himself.
YMMV, but in a number of places the newbies or idiots get lube tech duty. Not to say they all are, but having worked at lube shop there are definitely some idiots handling cars. Anyone that says otherwise may be the "idiot".

OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad you found a good deal. Sometimes the risk is not necessarily the cost, but the service. My buddy got a great deal on a service package of oil changes for x years on his wife's new car. Very much a DIYer, but said the price was so cheap he just couldn't say no. Took it in for its first oil change last week. Got home and saw the puddle under the car. Drain plug was barely in. He is now in the process of requesting his money back for the service plan and will change oil and other covered services himself.
YMMV, but in a number of places the newbies or idiots get lube tech duty. Not to say they all are, but having worked at lube shop there are definitely some idiots handling cars. Anyone that says otherwise may be the "idiot".
Which Ford dealer was this?

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
IMG_5179.png

From Fort Mill Ford in South Carolina. Somehow, they took a Time Machine and set their service pricing to 1996 rates!
Good price and certainly using the dealer is more confidence inspiring (& warranty saving) than one of the drive-thru Quik Lube places using bulk oil and a no-brand filter. I used my Ford dealer always for service in N Atlanta, always a great experience and they used to offer "The Works" for $29.95! Plus, they're using the Motorcraft 5w-30 Semi-Synthetic, a quality oil that is fine if you're changing every 5k or less. Alas, my local Ford dealer in Florida is a joke. They have a "QuickLane" sign, but demand a reservation for an oil change, typically 2-3 weeks in advance and want you to leave the car for the day. I just do it myself.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They have a "QuickLane" sign, but demand a reservation for an oil change, typically 2-3 weeks in advance and want you to leave the car for the day. I just do it myself.
Sounds like they need to see this :LOL: :

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
IMG_5179.png

From Fort Mill Ford in South Carolina. Somehow, they took a Time Machine and set their service pricing to 1996 rates!
its a pre pay program you pay up front for many changes when you buy ford it saves you money but you pay in advance

OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
its a pre pay program you pay up front for many changes when you buy ford it saves you money but you pay in advance
No, I paid last Monday morning when I went in for my 10k oil change/tire rotation. My receipt is shared earlier in the thread.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
then its a good deal !!!
i was offered a package a purchase to pre pay at $40 range @ service as many as i wanted
or my dealer has the package at $84 ...incl tire rotation oil and filter change and wipers @ time

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is that like Walmart's cheapo oil service-but-we'll-hold-your-car-hostage-for-3-4-hours-while-you-find-crap-to-buy-in-the-rest-of-the-store?
I got two trailer tires from Wally the other day, $189 and wandered around and bought $94 of other stuff.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
then its a good deal !!!
i was offered a package a purchase to pre pay at $40 range @ service as many as i wanted
or my dealer has the package at $84 ...incl tire rotation oil and filter change and wipers @ time
Dealers have different kinds of service offers. The standard Works package is a one-time purchase. Some dealers also have a bundle, like the 3/$90 deal I got. Mine has a "must use within one year" clause, but they are flexible if you go a little past a year. I've seen some dealers (not Ford) even offer "free for life" deals when you buy a new car, which is another great way to keep customers coming in for service. Yours is a variation I haven't seen, with the added gamble that you don't know how long you'll have the vehicle or if you will ever leave the area. What happens if you buy 20 services and someone totals your car two days later? :confused:
Sponsored

Last edited: