Sponsored

Is getting issued a VIN (and scheduled build date) "The Golden Ticket" or not?

RaceRed66Retro

Banned
Heritage
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350 6.7 4WD CREW CAB LARIAT
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
  • Banned
I asked this very important question of my dealer who tried to assure me after getting a VIN and schedule build date (10/2), the only way I won't get my Bronco is if I don't pick it up when it arrives at the dealer.

My question to all you Folks that are in the same boat; has any order holder who was issued both a VIN and scheduled build date, been pushed over to a new model year? Or (horror of horrors) was the order cancelled (losing both the latter) and you had to reorder as usual?

I'm almost afraid to hear the answers... 😹
Sponsored

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, it’s just the start of the real anticipation. Got mine 2 months ago and still waiting, at least it’s in the Seattle area now waiting to be loaded on a truck to go to the dealer. My wait will hopefully be over this week. BTW over 2 years since ordered

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I don't remember hearing any past Bronco issues but scheduled '22 Mavericks with VINs were cancelled and moved to '23. I know you're a Heritage and are worried with all the delay issues we've had. I'd gamble with a 10/2 that you're good, hopefully Ford will stop scheduling anymore HEs until they absolutely have a plan if they end rolling anyone over. I have no doubt there will be '24 Heritage's with the number of orders that are unscheduled plus whatever new demand if they open the order banks back for them.

OP
OP
RaceRed66Retro

RaceRed66Retro

Banned
Heritage
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
  • Banned
I don't remember hearing any past Bronco issues but scheduled '22 Mavericks with VINs were cancelled and moved to '23. I know you're a Heritage and are worried with all the delay issues we've had. I'd gamble with a 10/2 that you're good, hopefully Ford will stop scheduling anymore HEs until they absolutely have a plan if they end rolling anyone over. I have no doubt there will be '24 Heritage's with the number of orders that are unscheduled plus whatever new demand if they open the order banks back for them.
Thanks for your insight. Regarding the Maverick rollovers, what did they do? Just vaporize there VIN and resume place in line with a roll over new order?

OP
OP
RaceRed66Retro

RaceRed66Retro

Banned
Heritage
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
  • Banned
Lol, it’s just the start of the real anticipation. Got mine 2 months ago and still waiting, at least it’s in the Seattle area now waiting to be loaded on a truck to go to the dealer. My wait will hopefully be over this week. BTW over 2 years since ordered
Yeah Congrats! You're golden or Fred Flintstone sliding down the dinosaur tail Yaba-Daba-Doo!!!

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks for your insight. Regarding the Maverick rollovers, what did they do? Just vaporize there VIN and resume place in line with a roll over new order?
From what I read, Ford cancelled their VIN, customer worked with dealer and reordered for '23 and they were given priority 2 for the new year.

CathyE

Outer Banks
First Name
Cathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4 2008
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, 2+ years and finally "built" on 4/13/23 Outer Banks. Vin#, window sticker, the whole ball of wax.. No yabba dabba delivery yet, lost somewhere on the Canton Michigan holding lot hell hole. At the 89 day mark it was released to shippers to be delivered to Stephens in West Virginia...that was on 7/12/23. No Yabba Dabba shipper pick up to begin the journey to WV as yet. I could get way more colorful, but, whats the point? Still waiting.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, 2+ years and finally "built" on 4/13/23 Outer Banks. Vin#, window sticker, the whole ball of wax.. No yabba dabba delivery yet, lost somewhere on the Canton Michigan holding lot hell hole. At the 89 day mark it was released to shippers to be delivered to Stephens in West Virginia...that was on 7/12/23. No Yabba Dabba shipper pick up to begin the journey to WV as yet. I could get way more colorful, but, whats the point? Still waiting.
Sad thing is even if delivered, may have to sit till the recall gets completed if not done already.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I asked this very important question of my dealer who tried to assure me after getting a VIN and schedule build date (10/2), the only way I won't get my Bronco is if I don't pick it up when it arrives at the dealer.

My question to all you Folks that are in the same boat; has any order holder who was issued both a VIN and scheduled build date, been pushed over to a new model year? Or (horror of horrors) was the order cancelled (losing both the latter) and you had to reorder as usual?

I'm almost afraid to hear the answers... 😹
If you have a VIN, you will get a 2023 model year bronco, barring some catastrophe such as a train full of dana axles derailing or something crazy. There is a possibility you might not get it until february next year due to some dirt mountain situation but that happening again is fairly low possibility.

CathyE

Outer Banks
First Name
Cathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4 2008
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sad thing is even if delivered, may have to sit till the recall gets completed if not done already.
My Outer Banks is a 2 door...so no seatbelt hold...we checked the website with the vin#, no holds at all. Just hanging out in "No Where Land" I guess.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you got a VIN and build date you are golden. If anything would happen god for bid like what happened with the Mavericks, they were fully priced protected and they were the first to get built in '23. The only downside would be if a color weren't available anymore. It hasn't happened yet on the Bronco so I think you should rest easy. It's just the anticipation that is going to kill you. :)
Sponsored