Sponsored

Is HOSS 3.0 really part of MY24 SAS across the board?

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I read somewhere when the MY24 specs were released that the SAS package would now include the HOSS 3.0 parts. I don’t see that in the MY24 order guide, the SAS description doesn’t call it out.

Is that true that It’s now HOSS 3.0 across the board on the SAS package.

What exactly does that include, is it the full deal…3.0 steering rack, shocks, tie rods and UCAs or is it just shocks on all SAS trims except wildtrack and badlands who get the full 3.0 package?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So the only thing you don't get is the Fox shocks and the rear sway bar on the 2 door(4 door/Sas already received the update MY22)?
Yes

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just the hoss 3.0 steering rack
Wildtrak is still the only one to get the whole hoss 3.0 package.

https://fordauthority.com/2023/08/some-2024-ford-bronco-suvs-get-upgraded-steering-gear/amp/
I prefer the 24 SAS will get the HD/Severe Duty (?) steering rack and tie rods which is also in the HOSS 3.0. Is that right?

Not directed at you, just in general: Maybe if we'd all stop talking about it like it's the "HOSS 3.0 steering" it would be clearer. Because the SS is steering AND suspension.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Link to the Bronco Nation interview mentioned in the Ford Authority article, for those who wanted to listen/read.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-brand-team-q-a-—-hoss-3-0-steering-confirmed-standard-on-24my-badlands-and-sasquatch.80454/
Thanks. This is the thread I was looking to link but couldn’t seem to find it at the time.
I prefer the 24 SAS will get the HD/Severe Duty (?) steering rack and tie rods which is also in the HOSS 3.0. Is that right?

Not directed at you, just in general: Maybe if we'd all stop talking about it like it's the "HOSS 3.0 steering" it would be clearer. Because the SS is steering AND suspension.
Yeah I would agree, Heavy duty or severe duty steering rack is probably a better way of putting it.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I would agree, Heavy duty or severe duty steering rack is probably a better way of putting it.
Added bonus: The WT's out there won't feel so butthurt their precious specialness isn't being diluted by putting it on other trims. 👀 :whistle:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Added bonus: The WT's out there won't feel so butthurt their precious specialness isn't being diluted by putting it on other trims. 👀 :whistle:
lol I’m still butthurt because mine was built a few short months before 3.0 was even an option 😭😤

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thats the game Ford plays. Make em better a little at a time so you want to trade in for a new one.

The Heritage guys will be buthurt when all Broncos get the heritage fenders in a couple years when they do a refresh.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

And the Badlands folks will know they have the most capable rig short of a Raptor. 🤫

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And the Badlands folks will know they have the most capable rig short of a Raptor. 🤫
I wouldn't say that. They're targeted at different types of off roading, and frankly, I'd rather have a WT that I could put some skid plates and an AntiRock on, since you can't easily remove the e-disco on the BL. I'm not unhappy with my BL by any means, but I do eyeball that going out and it's not easily removed, which is what I would prefer to do when that time comes.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Wildtrak is so old it has non of these options unless I up grade them. I do not fell special just forgotten. :ROFLMAO: 2021 build.