First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Tire Information Placard became standardized for content, format and location in 2003. Prior to that they were kind of all over the place. I know I had Fords out of the '80s that had them in the glove box. But the feds wanted to make that info easy to locate and easy to read. This came along shortly after the whole Firestone / Explorer thing, so I think that there is a correlation there. As far as I can tell, the law dictates where the decal goes and what content it has, and requires manufacturers to follow suit. But I don't think it prevents a vehicle owner from removing or cover it up. Kind of like the air bag or rollover caution labels on sunvisors that no one reads. The only downside to removing it, I would think - other than loosing an easy reference for tire info - comes from resale. A perspective buyer might find it a bit fishy if its gone, assuming they know enough to look in the first place...
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Tire Information Placard became standardized for content, format and location in 2003. Prior to that they were kind of all over the place. I know I had Fords out of the '80s that had them in the glove box. But the feds wanted to make that info easy to locate and easy to read. This came along shortly after the whole Firestone / Explorer thing, so I think that there is a correlation there. As far as I can tell, the law dictates where the decal goes and what content it has, and requires manufacturers to follow suit. But I don't think it prevents a vehicle owner from removing or cover it up. Kind of like the air bag or rollover caution labels on sunvisors that no one reads. The only downside to removing it, I would think - other than loosing an easy reference for tire info - comes from resale. A perspective buyer might find it a bit fishy if its gone, assuming they know enough to look in the first place...
I found a chunk of the jamb, neatly cut out, under the seat on a Mustang I purchased a few years ago. Apparently it had been in a accident bad enough to need a new jam. Nice repair job, i didn't even notice when shopping the car.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

john houseman

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 2000 F-250, 1969 Cougar Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is a law to have these stickers in the door jam. Why can’t they place them somewhere else?

1D8C996B-A833-4D24-9E0A-80CFF72E5D2A.png
Maybe a magnetic strip (bumper sticker size) painted to match ??? If it's important, they would be easily accessible and still easy for cleaning.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remove all the VIN tags from my vehicles...oh wait, no I don't. Those stickers are essential to identifying the vehicle, options, build, etc. Removing or moving them is dmbu.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, based on some of the questions that are asked here I often wonder if the people posting them have ever even seen a car, let alone posess a driver's licence and know how to drive one.

Sponsored

Crimpcap

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y, Honda G1 Insight
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you try to peel it off it makes a hell of a mess. The info on the sticker is almost unreadable because it is a special material that shows if it has been tampered with.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

in never paid any attention to those stickers unless I needed to know the tire pressure numbers, and then it's handy to have them there. Otherwise why care? Who's gonna sit there and marvel at their open door jam?

OP
OP

#Broncolife

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m sure they are required. I was more asking about the location. I remember them being under the hood years ago. Guess they are required in the jam now.

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

in never paid any attention to those stickers unless I needed to know the tire pressure numbers, and then it's handy to have them there. Otherwise why care? Who's gonna sit there and marvel at their open door jam?
I dont want to put words in the OP's mouth but I would think they are asking because they dont want the sticker visible when driving doorless. I've seen it on Jeeps and it does stand out especially once you've seen it and then it's hard not to notice.
Sponsored