Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m sure they are required. I was more asking about the location. I remember them being under the hood years ago. Guess they are required in the jam now.
Easiest place access them. Just like the vin tag on the left side of the dash.
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont want to put words in the OP's mouth but I would think they are asking because they dont want the sticker visible when driving doorless. I've seen it on Jeeps and it does stand out especially once you've seen it and then it's hard not to notice.
haha, you actually have a very good point there, I never had a vehicle where you can leave the doors at home, so the issue seemed silly to me, but with this perspective it makes total sense, would be nicer if they'd be in the rear gate frame, I stand corrected! and agree. I'm just gonna let my comment stand anyways, but consider it redacted :)

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont want to put words in the OP's mouth but I would think they are asking because they dont want the sticker visible when driving doorless. I've seen it on Jeeps and it does stand out especially once you've seen it and then it's hard not to notice.
Why in the first world would one care?

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think they are usefull piece of info. They don't ever bother me

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can't resell the vehicle without the stickers in place.

Sponsored

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why in the first world would one care?
I guess you could say why would one care at all about what their vehicle looks like? Why not just put the sticker across the grill if you dont care about the looks ? Not saying I care as I wont be removing mine but some people want a clean look with or without the doors. As I said I've noticed it and it does stand out particularly on dark colored Jeeps.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess you could say why would one care at all about what their vehicle looks like? Why not just put the sticker across the grill if you dont care about the looks ? Not saying I care as I wont be removing mine but some people want a clean look with or without the doors. As I said I've noticed it and it does stand out particularly on dark colored Jeeps.
So.....hope you never get mud on your new off-road vehicle.
See you at the mall?

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So.....hope you never get mud on your new off-road vehicle.
See you at the mall?
Ouch....you got me keyboard warrior. There's a lovely mall I like to frequent called Rausch Creek Offroad Park here in PA. Maybe you'd like to join me sometime but I doubt it.

If you'd actually read my posts I said some people want a clean look hence the reason they may want them removed. To each their own. Not me....some people.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is a law to have these stickers in the door jam. Why can’t they place them somewhere else?
FYI this is the applicable Federal regulation...

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) > Title 49 - Transportation > Subtitle B - Other Regulations Relating to Transportation > CHAPTER V - NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION, DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION > PART 571 - FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARDS > Subpart B - Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards

§ 571.110 Tire selection and rims and motor home/recreation vehicle trailer load carrying capacity information for motor vehicles with a GVWR of 4,536 kilograms (10,000 pounds) or less.

[...]

S4.3 Placard. Each vehicle, except for a trailer or incomplete vehicle, shall show the information specified in S4.3 (a) through (g), and may show, at the manufacturer's option, the information specified in S4.3 (h) and (i), on a placard permanently affixed to the driver’s side B-pillar. In each vehicle without a driver’s side B-pillar and with two doors on the driver’s side of the vehicle opening in opposite directions, the placard shall be affixed on the forward edge of the rear side door. If the above locations do not permit the affixing of a placard that is legible, visible and prominent, the placard shall be permanently affixed to the rear edge of the driver’s side door. If this location does not permit the affixing of a placard that is legible, visible and prominent, the placard shall be affixed to the inward facing surface of the vehicle next to the driver’s seating position. This information shall be in the English language and conform in color and format, not including the border surrounding the entire placard, as shown in the example set forth in Figure 1 in this standard. At the manufacturer's option, the information specified in S4.3 (c), (d), and, as appropriate, (h) and (i) may be shown, alternatively to being shown on the placard, on a tire inflation pressure label which must conform in color and format, not including the border surrounding the entire label, as shown in the example set forth in Figure 2 in this standard. The label shall be permanently affixed and proximate to the placard required by this paragraph. The information specified in S4.3 (e) shall be shown on both the vehicle placard and on the tire inflation pressure label (if such a label is affixed to provide the information specified in S4.3 (c), (d), and, as appropriate, (h) and (i)) may be shown in the format and color scheme set forth in Figures 1 and 2. If the vehicle is a motor home and is equipped with a propane supply, the weight of full propane tanks must be included in the vehicle's unloaded vehicle weight. If the vehicle is a motor home and is equipped with an on-board potable water supply, the weight of such on-board water must be treated as cargo.

(a) Vehicle capacity weight expressed as “The combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed XXX kilograms or XXX pounds”;

(b) Designated seated capacity (expressed in terms of total number of occupants and number of occupants for each front and rear seat location);

(c) Vehicle manufacturer's recommended cold tire inflation pressure for front, rear and spare tires, subject to the limitations of S4.3.4. For full size spare tires, the statement “see above” may, at the manufacturer's option replace manufacturer's recommended cold tire inflation pressure. If no spare tire is provided, the word “none” must replace the manufacturer's recommended cold tire inflation pressure.

(d) Tire size designation, indicated by the headings “size” or “original tire size” or “original size,” and “spare tire” or “spare,” for the tires installed at the time of the first purchase for purposes other than resale. For full size spare tires, the statement “see above” may, at the manufacturer's option replace the tire size designation. If no spare tire is provided, the word “none” must replace the tire size designation;

(e) On the vehicle placard, “Tire and Loading Information and, on the tire inflation pressure label, “Tire Information”;

(f) “See Owner's Manual for Additional Information”;

(g) For a vehicle equipped with a non-pneumatic spare tire assembly, the tire identification code with which that assembly is labeled pursuant to the requirements of S4.3(a) of 571.129, New Non-Pneumatic Tires for Passenger Cars;

(h) At the manufacturer's option, identifying information provided in any alphanumeric and or barcode form, located vertically, along the right edge or the left edge of the placard or the label, or horizontally, along the bottom edge of the placard or the label; and

(i) At the manufacturer's option, the load range identification symbol, load index, and speed rating, located immediately to the right of the tire size designation listed in accordance with S4.3(d) above.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/49/571.110

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if I’m ever in the area with my Defender 90, Series III, or 7.3 F250 I’ll recover your Jeep.
Ouch.
Very Impressive. Also proof you never been on Northeast trails.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very similar to GVW and GVWR. Matters for Commercail Vehicles, not much for private passenger vehicles. I used to pay to have them moved when I was an insurance adjuster if we replaced the structure they were attached to, but it wasn’t law form memory, it just maintained the prior condition.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As long as they're not put on crooked.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not worried about anyone seeing the stickers with the door off. They will be too transfixed on my incredibly sexy leg hanging just outside the door frame.

OP
OP

#Broncolife

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. You’ll see me as the mall. And at work, baseball, soccer, and every other place. You will definitely see me at Rouch Creek. Weekends are for wheeling, weekdays are for washing the truck and running the kids around. Hope to see fellow PA/NJ folks on the trails.
Sponsored