First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I ordered a 2DR Outer Banks, Lux back in November (Ford accepted the order on 12/01/2021). The confirmation from Ford and the Dealer order sheet show 2DR Outer Banks with Lux. I reached out to my dealership yesterday to see if they had any updates, and they said I had a VIN and was scheduled for production on August 31stish, with delivery mid September. Today I look up the VIN and my order number on the ford tracker, and it still shows in processing but the order is wrong. It's a 4DR Outer Banks, High package. Do I have any recourse here, or did the dealership adjust my order so they can sell it since I probably wont want it?
Sponsored

OP
OP

vwarner1411

Outer Banks
First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I thought that too about the VIN. The order code matches my order though. The order date appears to be wrong too, and it's missing the bull bar and roof rack.

OP
OP

vwarner1411

Outer Banks
First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dude, how did the dealer send your order to Ford without you receiving a confirmation email from Ford?

I received this confirmation from Ford once my order was accepted back in March.

Ford Bronco Is my dealer scamming me? Screenshot_20220813-110832
I do have a confirmation from ford, and it is correct. It's dated 12/1/2021. The order confirmation is correct.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I do have a confirmation from ford, and it is correct. It's dated 12/1/2021. The order confirmation is correct.
OK, so has Ford emailed you to notify you of your production date with the VIN? That's how I got my production schedule. The dealer could have sent you the wrong VIN, plus I don't know why Ford hasn't emailed you your VIN and bypass the dealer.

Reactions: jxc

Sponsored
OP
OP

vwarner1411

Outer Banks
First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did ask the dealer to send me the build sheet today, and it is the correct, matching what i have from order.

Ford has not emailed me since the order confirmation back in December.

Can the VIN and Order numbers not match on Ford's tracker? I tried incrementing the order number, and it wasn't a match.

OP
OP

vwarner1411

Outer Banks
First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
the new Build-Sheet dealer sent you today matches your Original 2Dr Build-Sheet ?
It does match. Not sure if it's new, but it's identical to what I have from what I ordered.

OP
OP

vwarner1411

Outer Banks
First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you ask dealer to explain how VIN# is 4Dr ?
Yeah, but now I feel like I'm getting the run-around. They asked me what my reservation number (which I dont have) was, which I thought was a thing from 2020 when you ordered back then and converted. I went into the dealership the last week of November 2021 to order.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah, but now I feel like I'm getting the run-around. They asked me what my reservation number (which I dont have) was, which I thought was a thing from 2020 when you ordered back then and converted. I went into the dealership the last week of November 2021 to order.
You should have lots and lots of emails from ford with your reservation number (unless you are deleting them all), and for mine the order and reservation number were the same.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I ordered a 2DR Outer Banks, Lux back in November (Ford accepted the order on 12/01/2021). The confirmation from Ford and the Dealer order sheet show 2DR Outer Banks with Lux. I reached out to my dealership yesterday to see if they had any updates, and they said I had a VIN and was scheduled for production on August 31stish, with delivery mid September. Today I look up the VIN and my order number on the ford tracker, and it still shows in processing but the order is wrong. It's a 4DR Outer Banks, High package. Do I have any recourse here, or did the dealership adjust my order so they can sell it since I probably wont want it?
You might discuss this with your dealer further in person. I personally have the High package OBX.

Sponsored
OP
OP

vwarner1411

Outer Banks
First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You should have lots and lots of emails from ford with your reservation number (unless you are deleting them all), and for mine the order and reservation number were the same.
I have a single email from Ford, confirming my order. That's all I've received from Ford. I did call Ford like 4 months ago, and at that time my order was correct but still in processing.
Ford Bronco Is my dealer scamming me? Screen Shot 2022-08-13 at 12.54.55

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dude, how did the dealer send your order to Ford without you receiving a confirmation email from Ford?
You are making the assumption that Ford reliably communicates with buyers. I have 3 converted orders. I have only received a single email from Ford confirming my order conversion with Granger on 3/18/21. The Bronco that is in my garage I never received a single communication from Ford. The other order I also never received a single communication from Ford.

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a single email from Ford, confirming my order. That's all I've received from Ford. I did call Ford like 4 months ago, and at that time my order was correct but still in processing.
Ford Bronco Is my dealer scamming me? Screen Shot 2022-08-13 at 12.54.55
Ignore that, you donā€™t have a reservation. Your experience is similar to mine.

Ordered 12/8, Ford sent an email confirmation.

I didnā€™t get anything else until March 25th when I got a scheduled for production email, this contained my VIN and a build week of 4/25.

My next email was June 4th saying I was built with an estimated delivery of June 24-30.

June 6th I got shipped and another email stating that.

After that no shipping tracking worked at all, on the Ford site, chat or dealer backend. But it showed up June 30th at the end of the window.

In order to track youā€™ll need 2 things, you should have a 4 digit order code and a VIN. Then you can track at Ordertrack.app
Sponsored