Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BD, 2016 BMW M2, 2001 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I noticed the spare on my black diamond has no wheel weights on it. The rest of them all have visible external weights. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it possible my spare balanced without the need for weights? I plan to do a 5 wheel rotation at some point soon. Should I get the spare thrown on a balancer first?

I tried searching, but couldn't come to a conclusion. I read that f-150 raptor spare's do not come balanced.

Ford Bronco Is spare wheel balanced from factory? CF17A3B2-E9B0-40F5-8502-C38535ABDBD4

Ford Bronco Is spare wheel balanced from factory? 8CD7D78D-2822-462E-8102-7D940352ADB7
Sponsored

Last edited:

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmm I rotated in the spare on mine when I upgraded to badlands wheels. I’ll have to go look. Seems these days weights are stuck in the middle and on the back side. So they are not obvious.

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Black Diamond has a balancing weight on the spare.

OP
OP
Mannym5

Mannym5

Black Diamond
First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmm I rotated in the spare on mine when I upgraded to badlands wheels. I’ll have to go look. Seems these days weights are stuck in the middle and on the back side. So they are not obvious.
Yeah, I think badlands weights may be on the inside. My black diamond steelies have external weights that are more noticeable. I added photos as a reference.

Sponsored

djbuff303

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '07 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just did a 5-tire rotation on my Wildtrak - they checked the balance of all 5 as they rotated them. All were fine except for the spare, which did have to be balanced.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My WT has balancing weights present on the spare. Whether it's actually balanced or not 🤷‍♂️

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just rotated my BL tires and the spare was indeed balanced. You do need to program the TPMS though, I used this one from Amazon and it worked perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Z2P1P75?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

To me, it wouldn't make sense for them not to balance the spare, they would need two tire "lines" one for balanced and one for unbalanced. I'd think it would just be easier to balance every tire. It may make sense on cars with a different rim/ tire for the spare but not on Bronco.

Last edited:

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just rotated my BL tires and the spare was indeed balanced. You do need to program the TPMS though, I used this one from Amazon and it worked perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Z2P1P75?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

To me, it wouldn't make sense for them not balance the spare, they would need two tire "lines" one for balanced and one for unbalanced. I'd think it would just be easier to balance every tire. It may make sense on cars with a different rim/ tire for the spare but not on Bronco.
I was just going to say this, it would be a much more complicated process with an unbalanced spare.

OP
OP
Mannym5

Mannym5

Black Diamond
First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did my rotation. Spare had one weight on the inside. So it is balanced after all. Tpms automatically programs once you are at speed. No need for a programming tool from my experience.

Last edited:

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It would make no sense to not be balanced. They are not mounting tires on the assembly line.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did my rotation. Spare had one weight on the inside. So it is balanced after all. Tpms automatically programs once you are at speed. No need for a programming tool from my experience.
I was tempted to try it without programming. The tool was only $20 and it takes about 3min so I just went ahead and programmed them.

Are you positive the car "sees" all the wheels in the correct location? We had this issue with a GM rental car a few years ago, the pressures displayed on the dash but none of the locations were correct due to someone rotating the tires and not programming.

My Jeep has a "smart" system, you do not need to program the TPMS after rotating and I was surprised the Bronco manual tells you that you need to re-program if you do a 5 tire rotation but you're ok if you do a 4 tire.

OP
OP
Mannym5

Mannym5

Black Diamond
First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes I am positive because I specifically had more air in the spare prior to the rotation. After going for a ride the computer updated and showed higher psi on the corner I put the spare on.
Sponsored