First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If someone waves at me, I wave back. Doesn’t matter what they are driving or riding, or even if they are walking. I’m a Bronco enthusiast. I’m enthusiastic about driving them. I'm enthusiastic when I see others driving them. They are cool vehicles which inspire an acknowledging wave.
Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Asking about the wave has definitely been a thing since the forum was founded...

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Over the years, I've owned 5 Jeeps. 4 of them Wranglers and a Gladiator, and the wave has always happened. If you like it or not, you get the wave.

Have also owned Gen 1 and 2 Bronco's but just general excitement from people when they see those, so get waves.

Curious as a new first time 6 Gen Bronco owner if anyone waves?
i wave at every bronco i see and 99% wave back

Sponsored

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Over the years, I've owned 5 Jeeps. 4 of them Wranglers and a Gladiator, and the wave has always happened. If you like it or not, you get the wave.

Have also owned Gen 1 and 2 Bronco's but just general excitement from people when they see those, so get waves.

Curious as a new first time 6 Gen Bronco owner if anyone waves?
Never. People are too busy to wave. See it more with Jeeps!!

bkirchhoff

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW: '07 328xi, '13 X1, '75 R90/6, '12 R1200GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wave. Quite a bit.

In Vermont, everyone waves to each other when driving on dirt roads (kind of a universal rural thing; we happen to have a lot of dirt roads here).

I wave when on my motorcycle to everything except those Can-Am tricycles. Unless they wave to me first then I return the gesture. I even typically wave to the Harley trikes. Every fellow BMW rider waves back at me. Harley riders tend to be a little less likely to wave back.

And I wave at the Broncos when I’m driving mine. Most full size drivers wave back. Some of the Sport drivers do.

I just think being friendly is a good thing and I’m happy to receive and add more friendly gestures into the world. Even if it’s the only thing I have in common with that rider/driver, it’s nice to briefly acknowledge that commonality. Especially in the world we all find ourselves in these days. Most people wave back. Doesn’t bother me a bit if someone doesn’t.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco wave is when you catch air on a tire...

e34john

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e10, e30, e34
Your Bronco Model
Base
Owned quite a bit of "niche" vehicles, and it seems the Bronco is the one that gets the least attention from other Broncos. Maybe they hate 2 doors, who knows! But it seems non-Broncos get a bit more excited. Some kid just yelled out the other day as I pulled into the coffee shop. "first Bronco of the day guys" Maybe its the new version of Slug Bug.

Sponsored

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still get a ton of Wranglers wave at me, Having owned 3 I just wave back. Only have had a couple of Broncos give me the wave. So not sure "its a thing"

G1D1UP

Wildtrak
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So here in AZ, you have to be careful with the wave...people carry lots of guns in the old west! A kind gesture may get misconstrued as a flashy gang sign or a state finger bird, often seen in the road rage wastelands. The wave must be nuanced, premeditated and tactically planned out prior to execution. Like a SWAT raid if you will, with the hand barely leaving the wheel and only a few fingers fanning the air. When I first got the WT, I had a fellow Bronco-Davidian race up next to me on the freeway who tried hard to get my attention. I waved back. Dude then tried having an extended conversation with me with his window rolled down going 65, so that was weird and to the extreme. My wife gets waves and honks all the time while driving the Bronco but she is better looking then me. In the end, a kind wave or peace sign never hurt anyone... yet.

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Used to be a thing in Texas to give a single (index) finger salute to oncoming drivers on two lanes. You didn't see that much nowadays. No Bronco Waves, either.

DarthLincoln

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 BMW M coupe, 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not really a thing in SoCal beach communities like Laguna Beach. The area is flooded with Broncos so every day you pass by several. Also a lot seem to be owned by college kids - maybe their parents bought them the Bronco because it’s trendy and they are more self-absorbed at that age. Up in NorCal Bay Area, Broncos are pretty rare, so people usually wave.
Sponsored