Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how is it grumpy not to give a crap about someone waving to you? there are plenty of other vehicles I like, but I don't go around waving to everyone. You did give me an idea for the new bronco wave though, so thanks.

1.gif
"I refuse to wave back to anyone in a bronco sport"

That's a pretty sassy and immature take. You're talking about a person waving at you because they're excited about your vehicle. Do you think that makes you sound cool or something? Ignoring someone that waves at you? Grumpy loser energy buddy

Last edited:

Batman2000

Wildtrak
First Name
Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So here in AZ, you have to be careful with the wave...people carry lots of guns in the old west! A kind gesture may get misconstrued as a flashy gang sign or a state finger bird, often seen in the road rage wastelands. The wave must be nuanced, premeditated and tactically planned out prior to execution. Like a SWAT raid if you will, with the hand barely leaving the wheel and only a few fingers fanning the air. When I first got the WT, I had a fellow Bronco-Davidian race up next to me on the freeway who tried hard to get my attention. I waved back. Dude then tried having an extended conversation with me with his window rolled down going 65, so that was weird and to the extreme. My wife gets waves and honks all the time while driving the Bronco but she is better looking then me. In the end, a kind wave or peace sign never hurt anyone... yet.
Lol, 10/10.

Most underrated comment in this thread.

PlayTime

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2dr 2.3L OBX non-SAS Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s not really a thing in SoCal beach communities like Laguna Beach. The area is flooded with Broncos so every day you pass by several. Also a lot seem to be owned by college kids - maybe their parents bought them the Bronco because it’s trendy and they are more self-absorbed at that age. Up in NorCal Bay Area, Broncos are pretty rare, so people usually wave.
Don't see many at all farther north, newport/HB/seal coast, but I don't get out during the day much. Summer probably pick up sightings big time
No.

But if I notice you noticing me, I'll give out a friendly 🤙.
Throwing Shaka, this is the way.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't wave, but I'll wave back most of the time.

I get Jeeps waving at me sometimes, but I don't know whether they are just waving because I'm in another Off-road focused vehicle and they're being friendly, or they are saying "Nice Jeep" because it looks like a Jeep and they're just poking fun.

Sponsored

CM81

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
"I refuse to wave back to anyone in a bronco sport"

That's a pretty sassy and immature take. You're talking about a person waving at you because they're excited about your vehicle. Do you think that makes you sound cool or something? Ignoring someone that waves at you? Grumpy loser energy buddy
yea, definitely sounds pretty cool. Thanks for acknowledging that. I really respect your take on not waving back as grumpy loser energy. God forbid I don't acknowledge someone's existence. I will take your comment under consideration and do some deep thinking on the subject so that I can become a better person and wave back. You really gave me a lot to think about.

DarthLincoln

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 BMW M coupe, 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't see many at all farther north, newport/HB/seal coast, but I don't get out during the day much. Summer probably pick up sightings big time
Interesting. Where i lived in Laguna there were 5 Broncos within a 1-block radius of my place. And of course, they all appeared before mine was delivered. 😫

Red Sox 4Life

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette, Lexus GS350, Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll usually wait till the opposing driver waves. I did wave to a fellow Harley rider in a curve in the San Bernardino Mountains and he almost ate it waving back! (Much different skill set than me). Motorcycle waves all the time, Corvette most of the time, but not yet in the Bronco.

Sponsored

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I waive, or throw a peace sign, out the window to Broncos, Bronco Sports and Jeeps...

Don't care, gonna keep doing it even if they don't reciprocate the gesture.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When l got my special ordered Mini Cooper S in 2004 every Mini owner l drove by mutually waved-not so much with the Bronco. I think its because the Bronco is a big truck and possibly a "too cool to wave" image thing. Not sure, but l wave, fuck it...
Recently sold my '02 Cooper S. The 1st Gen folks were the best. So was the MINI. That Tritec motor was awesome. Just posted in another thread about out test and tune days at a local shop with a dyno. Then we all Auto-Xd on Sundays. Good times. Then the money snobs rolled in and ruined the whole vibe.

G1D1UP

Wildtrak
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Started a new job in February that required me to drive into downtown PHX every day. I saw so many Broncos on the commute, as I headed into work. I waved at every one... still no one waved back. Not one person! I was getting pissed and called my wife and said "Bronco owners suck!" She then reminded me that I was an idiot because I was driving the Durango to work at the time and the WT was parked quietly in the garage, nestled in bed. 😜
Sponsored