Sponsored

Is Bronco resale for profit a thing anymore?

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have 2 Broncos finally being built in April, ordered 9/2020.
An OBX was for my wife and the Badlands for me.
Had to buy her a vehicle already, so either I let the dealer keep the OBX or try to resell.

Seems like end user markups are 5k at best (10 would make it worth it), after I pay 3500. sales tax & 1500. to get it trucked to me.
Someone thought the resale on the Badlands could bring 10k markup and I could keep the OBX. I could be ok with OBX.
Just wondering what everyone thinks the market is like.

As it is, I bought a 4dr Jeep that I will have to sell after I compare the 2 door Bronco for a month.
I really like the Jeep and figure the Bronco will be everything I thought though. The 2022 Jeep is a good truck
and was comfortable enough from FL to MA last summer!! I'll miss the 4dr room and the only Bronco for me is the 2dr not 4dr.
I feel good about the resale on the Jeep, so, not too worried on that. Any ideas on best marketplace to sell the 22 Jeep Rubicon with 18k miles.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless it's a maxed-out Wildtrak or a Braptor, there isn't a whole lot of wiggle room in the market if you are trying to flip nowadays

They are still selling for few thousand over MSRP. But once you add in taxes/registration fees/etc. you won't get much out of it.

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

See what Carvana will offer you. I did so out of curiousity and they were roughly $5K over sticker for my base 2 door.
I don't think anyone will make a big profit anymore, and yeah if you're only covering the sales tax and shipping it's not worth it.

swmetal

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8 vette
Your Bronco Model
Base
A month ago I sold my 4dr Base to Carvana for $46,500. Original MSRP was $36,600. With taxes, tags and ADM, I was all in for $41,500 so small profit. However, Vroom's offer was only $35,000 so YMMV

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Carmax still seems to be overpaying for Broncos but they want you to bring it in so they can look at.

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Carvana offered me almost $43K for my 2 door base m/t with 3500 miles on it, this week.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just ring up the dealer and see if there is interest on letting you buy one then trading that one in to purchase the other Bronco. Figure both have price protection.

I don't know if it would ultimately net you a huge profit but could end up saving you some money.

Stomper

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not worth the risk of something going wrong. You going to pay to insure it for a month? Its probably better to try to make a deal with the dealer for some incentive. Like get them to give you the performance upgrade.
Sponsored