Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Two interesting questions I'd be interested in answers for:
- We know comparing resale value to MSRP is useless when nothing was sold for MSRP, so how does resale value compare to actual sales price?
- How much is the data thrown off by orders that DID get sold at MSRP but then got flipped after a few months for $5k or $10k more than MSRP? That's a symptom of a constrained new car market that will not exist once production meets demand and the vehicle will follow a more typical depreciation curve.

No doubt the Bronco will hold its value well relative to other vehicles (like the Tacoma and Wrangler do), but its specific position right now is extremely unique.
My guess is they’re comparing to MSRP, no matter where it sold. As volatile as the Bronco market is, no matter how useless it’s been….MSRP is the one constant between now and 5 yrs from now.
Sponsored

Quicklime

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2 Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got mine for MSRP and good luck with getting product back up waiting over a month for factory steps
I waited five weeks. I have 94,000 points from this and my last Ford. I was going to use those to pay for the Ford running boards. I don't use their service dept. because they previously damaged a new Ranger...

Rough Country had nerf steps delivered to my door in four days!

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The fact that I got...xplan pricing...on a antimatter loaded sasqutch...and putting on 4-5k/miles a year...means my resale in 5 years compared to what I paid would be an insanely high % if the baseline is 65%.

FYI - I think KBB assumes 75,000 miles for these 5 year resale estimate.
Same. With my $1k below invoice from granger AND my price protection from Ford, I'm getting close to $6k below MSRP on my '23 bronco.

It'll be a cold day in hell to make me resell this thing after waiting so many years but at least I'll have great resell value if hell does freeze over!

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone buying at msrp will have done well most likely if they want to make a change in 4 or 5 years. Those who paid 10-12k + over msrp; not so much. You ll be getting 40-45% of what you paid. Just the way ADM affects you.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was thinking the same thing, the Gladiator is there but the Wrangler isn't.
I was under the impression the Gladiator was pretty weak on resale value.
Sold mine to buy the Bronco for $1500 over what I paid a year earlier. Granted - that was during the weird times when everybody was paying anything for everything. But even today the market is still strong for them.

It was a good truck. I like the Bronco better but sometimes miss the towing capacity. It would have been ideal to keep them both but I didn’t want to have to take out a loan on the Bronco. No regrets.

BroncoTroy

Wildtrak
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wonder how these numbers hold up. It seems like the signs are pointing to used car values to crash.
I agree, production is picking up and Ford is going to produce as many as they can sell once they get caught up. We will be seeing more and more Bronco's all over the place. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a used car crash as well.
Sponsored