Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d bet Bronco beats that projection by a good clip. Give it 3-5 years and Bronco may pass that Tesla or the Tundra.

The overall cool factor, usability, and novelty of an off-roader not named Wrangler will keep the Bronco values pretty high; particularly the higher trims which are more rare.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Still being offered MSRP +10% for my 4 door FE, Lightening Blue. Only 12k miles on it, keeping the garage, driving as needed to maintain optimal functionality, using my basemansquatch as my daily now. The FE is immaculate, and the number out there will dwindle every. single. day. LFG!

AND MY CORVETTE IS ON ORDER! yyyyyyyeah!
Cars are not a great investment in terms of monetary appreciation. Real Estate is WAY better. So are stocks. I get cars to DRIVE THEM.

Also, side note, I am fairly confident that I can get way more than 10% more over what I paid for my plain Jane Base 2-door Bronco (my price: $30,555). And you can beat +10% in 2 years with a bank CD these days (5% annual interest rate per year).

Last edited:

Neigh

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They’ve led the midsize pickup segment since the end of the early 00’s Ranger’s. Probably because they’re indestructible and made in the USA.
All Tacomas are now hecho en Mexico.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I call that list BS.

Model X just had a price cut and honestly with new 3-row SUV EV competition and the quality issues of the S/X.. I don't see them holding their value.

Also doesn't the new Tacomas or Tundras have quality issues themselves? Toyota cultists will tell you otherwise but lately Toyota quality and value is meh.

Jeep Gladiators? Um... Jeep is cranking out Wranglers and Gladiators and many are sitting on lots and getting steep discounts. I own a GC and know about poor resale. You buy a Jeep because you want something off-road worthy and not reliable nor have good resale.

Sponsored

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder how these numbers hold up. It seems like the signs are pointing to used car values to crash.

CC1999

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2021 RAM TRX, 2023 GMC Denali HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two surprises.

1. A Tesla is on that list.
2. The Wrangler isn't.
Tacoma and Bronco I get why they are on the list along with a few others.

I was thinking the same thing, the Gladiator is there but the Wrangler isn't.
I was under the impression the Gladiator was pretty weak on resale value.
My Ford Fleet rep said his used car lot didn't even want to bid them, they just wanted to wholesale off gladiators.

Tessla, the battery life is a value killer.
I recently had seen some data or reports of battery life being in the 100-150K range, and new battery pack can cost upwards of $20-25,000.
Which pretty much destroys a higher mileage Tessla's resale value.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Wrangler, Fiat 500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a good feel good chart for us Bronco owners but it is flat out wrong. The Wrangler and Tacoma are the top 1 and 2 spots according to nearly every other ranking scale for resale value. Its odd that the Gladiator is even on this list as they are just sitting on lots. The new Tundra is also a huge let down and people are not buying them. Teslas with mileage are scaring buyers away due to the high cost of new batteries. This is tanking their resale value.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All depends on the market in five years. We could have a crash. We could be at war with China. I traded in my 2017 4Runner for more than my purchase price when I picked up my Bronco in April 2022.

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Two surprises.

1. A Tesla is on that list.
2. The Wrangler isn't.
The Wrangler not being on the list really is a surprise to me. I've gotten some crazy offers over the last couple of years for my '17 JK. Not as high as they used to be, but still not far from what I paid 5+ years ago.

Sponsored

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Wrangler not being on the list really is a surprise to me. I've gotten some crazy offers over the last couple of years for my '17 JK. Not as high as they used to be, but still not far from what I paid 5+ years ago.
Traded in my 17 JK Rubicon on 8/2021 to my Ford dealer for 40K and had them hold the funds till my Bronco BL arrived. I saved on purchase taxes with only 16K to cover on. I couldn't be happier with my trade and my purchase which was completed a few months ago. Hard to care about resale because it's not something you can ever bank on when buying new. There are so many wranglers in the wild with so few Broncos it's not a surprise to see it on a list. However a list is a list and devil is in the details which we have zero on.

Reactions: bek

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got mine for MSRP and good luck with getting product back up waiting over a month for factory steps
I ordered the factory side steps when ever cyber Monday was, late November? They showed up less than 24 hours later.

PearlJamFanLV

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Big Bend, 2 door, 7spd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The fact that I got...xplan pricing...on a antimatter loaded sasqutch...and putting on 4-5k/miles a year...means my resale in 5 years compared to what I paid would be an insanely high % if the baseline is 65%.

FYI - I think KBB assumes 75,000 miles for these 5 year resale estimate.
I got D-plan and drive about 6-7k. So I feel your joy! Although a 2-door with 7MT may not be as desirable 5 years from now.