Sponsored

Is the storage area under the rear floor the same in both 2 and 4 doors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why these woods? Both are really soft and prone to movement with humidity. Not knocking the idea, but as a woodworker, it made me curious..
I'm not as you might surmise. I was just thinking a cheaper wood. It's a nice tool box and as someone else said it takes away some of the storage space. There isn't much space to begin with in that space. So knowing the capacity and considering the quality of work, there is a limit where it doesn't make sense cost wise.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not as you might surmise. I was just thinking a cheaper wood. It's a nice tool box and as someone else said it takes away some of the storage space. There isn't much space to begin with in that space. So knowing the capacity and considering the quality of work, there is a limit where it doesn't make sense cost wise.
That's what I was thinking. In my market, white oak is about $7.99 a board foot when not on sale, so the cost of the wood on a project this size is fairly minimal. White oak is the perfect wood for this (very little movement from moisture and basically impervious to water, even without a finish) and based on the craftsmanship in the photos, this is basically a heirloom item..

OP's time is going to the big cost here and I hope he is charging appropriately for his time!

OP
OP
Badlands51

Badlands51

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi guys!
I made 4 of these toolboxes and they are now for sale on Facebook Marketplace. Or send me a direct message, here.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/533481095564027/

$450 - Hand made quarter sawn white oak toolboxes, that were made to fit perfectly in the storage compartment under the rear deck of 2-door and 4-door 2021-23 Broncos. (I'm not sure about fitment in Braptors.)

Only 4 are available at this time.
Price includes free shipping in the 48 contiguous US states.

ToolboxFinal-1.jpg

ToolboxFinal-2.jpg

ToolboxFinal-3.jpg

ToolboxFinal-4.jpg

ToolboxFinal-5.jpg

ToolboxFinal-6.jpg

ToolboxFinal-7.jpg

ToolboxFinal-8.jpg

ToolboxFinal-9.jpg

ToolboxFinal-10.jpg

Sponsored
OP