Sponsored

Rear seat back protectors - Are they all the same??

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looking on Amazon there are several sellers of the seat back protectors. They all look the same. Even IAG has a version. Would it be a safe assumption that all of these are made on the same Chinese line and bought and sold by different distributors?? Or are some actually different.
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
They are the same.

Deleted member 31057

Looking on Amazon there are several sellers of the seat back protectors. They all look the same. Even IAG has a version. Would it be a safe assumption that all of these are made on the same Chinese line and bought and sold by different distributors?? Or are some actually different.
It would be great to have a USA based manufacturer make them. I would be very interested in purchasing from the home team.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It would be great to have a USA based manufacturer make them. I would be very interested in purchasing from the home team.
That would be great. But unless Weathertech or Husky decides to make one I can't see it happening.

Thing is this is new territory. In all the years the Wrangler has been out there has never been anything like this available for them. Which is honestly surprising.

Last edited:

Gorpolak

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are all the same and my assumption is being made by different Chinese factories/distributors rather than just one. Hence why you see the same products among different companies.

I ordered mine and a few other things from IAG and their I-Line products. So technically, I did purchase from the home team :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are all the same and my assumption is being made by different Chinese factories/distributors rather than just one. Hence why you see the same products among different companies.

I ordered mine and a few other things from IAG and their I-Line products. So technically, I did purchase from the home team :)
Pretty much my thinking too. IAG doesn't hide the fact that they don't make them. So they may be buying from a Chinese manufacturer, but we are buying from an American retailer. That's as close as we can get I guess.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They're all the same.....they're all foreign manufacturers.

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They are actually NOT all the same. YES, they are all manufactured in China, that is a given, but there are actually 2-3 different styles and mounting options out there.

I know this because I have tested them all. There is one set in particular that I like that has velcro completely over the back of them. There are other sets that have a different design and only have velcro around the perimeter and a strip across the middle. I much prefer the full coverage velcro myself.

Whichever way you go, they all do come from China, with varying degrees of quality and performance.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are actually NOT all the same. YES, they are all manufactured in China, that is a given, but there are actually 2-3 different styles and mounting options out there.

I know this because I have tested them all. There is one set in particular that I like that has velcro completely over the back of them. There are other sets that have a different design and only have velcro around the perimeter and a strip across the middle. I much prefer the full coverage velcro myself.

Whichever way you go, they all do come from China, with varying degrees of quality and performance.

So don't leave us hanging. LOL Link the ones you think were the best.

Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got the @Mabett ones for 2door and am happy with them, lots of Velcro, shaped/textured well and not smelly.

menikmati

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The main panel is at least the same, even from Mabett, so its safe to assume they are all coming off the line from the same mega factory in China. Maybe different assembly lines install Velcro in different locations and box them with different company names, but the core design and materials are the same.

Above said, I bought a set, too, and they work great!

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went with the Mabett ones. I was Leary of the amount of Velcro but they aren’t moving Period! Been on for months of abuse and not budged a mm.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So don't leave us hanging. LOL Link the ones you think were the best.
Hahahaha! These are the ones I have and they have been perfect, they are the ones with the full coverage of velcro on the back.

And here is a link to them: https://amzn.to/3dhO8ZU

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hahahaha! These are the ones I have and they have been perfect, they are the ones with the full coverage of velcro on the back.

And here is a link to them: https://amzn.to/3dhO8ZU
So here's a question. I've read reviews on a few others saying they shipped folded and it left a crease that was hard to get out. Is that the case with these too??
Sponsored