Sponsored

Is there a drop dead date to transfer dealers or convert reservation to MY22 Order?

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity QX56
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a order in with Granger and I also have a reservation with a local dealer that I never coverted to an order. With everything going on with this entire process I wanted to take a wait and see approach before I did anything on either one of those. Is there a deadline where I have to make a decision by on either transfering dealerships my current Bronco ordered with Granger or converting my reservation that I never converted with local dealership.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume at some point Ford will have a expiration on reservations, but according to Ford there is no expiration for reservations for 2022. Orders themselves are only canceled after the trim level is no longer available (ie. First Edition orders that have not been scheduled for build are now canceled).

Honestly... I would just place an order at both dealers and see which comes sooner, then cancel the other one. And on some off chance you end up getting both Broncos around the same time... you can either buy and resell (likely for a profit), or you can just tell the dealer that you are no longer interested and the Bronco becomes dealer stock.

Just verify if there are any cancellation fees or whatnot. Most dealers that I talked to are waving deposits and cancellation fees for Broncos because they know even if the person walks away they will have zero issues selling the Bronco to another interested customer. But I think I recall reading somewhere on these forums that Granger has a non-refundable deposit.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has even published the fact the certificates for MSRP price lock can be extended into MY 23. So any order/ reservation placed before 3/19/2020 has that.

OP
OP
BroncoBrianAtl
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity QX56
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume at some point Ford will have a expiration on reservations, but according to Ford there is no expiration for reservations for 2022. Orders themselves are only canceled after the trim level is no longer available (ie. First Edition orders that have not been scheduled for build are now canceled).

Honestly... I would just place an order at both dealers and see which comes sooner, then cancel the other one. And on some off chance you end up getting both Broncos around the same time... you can either buy and resell (likely for a profit), or you can just tell the dealer that you are no longer interested and the Bronco becomes dealer stock.

Just verify if there are any cancellation fees or whatnot. Most dealers that I talked to are waving deposits and cancellation fees for Broncos because they know even if the person walks away they will have zero issues selling the Bronco to another interested customer. But I think I recall reading somewhere on these forums that Granger has a non-refundable deposit.

That is exactly what was thinking. Leave my Granger order with them (update it to the MY22) and then turn my reservation local here in GA to an order, however I do need to find another dealer before I turn it into an order, as I don't want to order from them. Not every helpful at all. What do you think?

OP
OP
BroncoBrianAtl
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity QX56
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has even published the fact the certificates for MSRP price lock can be extended into MY 23. So any order/ reservation placed before 3/19/2020 has that.

That is good to know, because the way things look now, I am definitely looking at MY 23. I am currently 550 with Granger, guess I may move up some if people transfer from them, but not nearly enough to move to 2022 for sure.

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a order in with Granger and I also have a reservation with a local dealer that I never coverted to an order. With everything going on with this entire process I wanted to take a wait and see approach before I did anything on either one of those. Is there a deadline where I have to make a decision by on either transfering dealerships my current Bronco ordered with Granger or converting my reservation that I never converted with local dealership.
Call Granger and ask them where you are in line. I was #861 or somthing and 3-4 years out. Transferred it to my local dealer for MSRP. They should have the order early week of 10/18 and will convert to MY22 and upgrade it to a Badlands. If I kept the Base order, I would get price protection. Don't think that happens if you change the model.

OP
OP
BroncoBrianAtl
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity QX56
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call Granger and ask them where you are in line. I was #861 or somthing and 3-4 years out. Transferred it to my local dealer for MSRP. They should have the order early week of 10/18 and will convert to MY22 and upgrade it to a Badlands. If I kept the Base order, I would get price protection. Don't think that happens if you change the model.

I am 550 with them. But I change my local one, i will have to do the same thing as well. That one was reserved as Outer Banks, and I am wanting a Badlands.

I see you are in the South as well, which dealer did you end up moving to?

Sethtsmith

Wildtrak
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 FX2 Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You do keep your price protection, regardless of if you switch trim. Remember, Ford is giving you a voucher based on whatever trim your 21 order was at. For example, if you had a badlands on order, you get $825.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You do keep your price protection, regardless of if you switch trim. Remember, Ford is giving you a voucher based on whatever trim your 21 order was at. For example, if you had a badlands on order, you get $825.
I stand corrected. I swear I read that somewhere Fordish, but glad to know we are.

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am 550 with them. But I change my local one, i will have to do the same thing as well. That one was reserved as Outer Banks, and I am wanting a Badlands.

I see you are in the South as well, which dealer did you end up moving to?
Brian, im in GA as well....had a res back in Oct 2020 with national dealer - but canceled and placed retail order directly with a local dealer and has been great so far. Just converted my MY21 to 22 today and got a better understanding of allocation volume at my new dealer, etc.

OP
OP
BroncoBrianAtl
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity QX56
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brian, im in GA as well....had a res back in Oct 2020 with national dealer - but canceled and placed retail order directly with a local dealer and has been great so far. Just converted my MY21 to 22 today and got a better understanding of allocation volume at my new dealer, etc.

Thanks for the info? Who did you use? You can DM as well.
Sponsored