Sponsored

Is this ARB twin compressor price legit? Seems like a very good price if true.

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just ordered this ARB Twin from a store I've never heard of (seems kinda sketch). I guess we will see what show's up, but has anyone heard of Desertmoo before?
You can call/email ARB and ask if they are an authorized dealer. Manufacturers usually set MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) for dealers. If they are not an authorized dealer, then you can decide if you want to take the risk on a knock-off, or no warranty.
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They only accept your credit card info. Guess it was too much work to spoof a PayPal popup to collect your PayPal credentials.
That sucks. Well just wait and see to see if it's a scan then. Ask for a refund and if not than its just a wait and see.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://offroadpassport.com/forums/...s-on-sale-for-300/?tab=comments#comment-63896

Update:
After having my card denied I called my Credit Card Company. They explained the charge was coming from 'Italy' so they were suspicious. I told them it was fine and when I tried the 4th time it was approved. The charge showed up on my credit card. This was Monday. I did get an email confirming the order and that I would get updates when it shipped and a tracking number.

Thursday morning (today) I messaged them on their web page and asked if it had shipped. Before they answered my inquiry they cancelled my order. Then Olivia explained that they had a hold on the order because of the credit card and so they cancelled it. The consistency of her story wasn't 100% but she assured me I would see a refund within 24 hours. Also, my order was 'ready to ship' if I entered it in again. She seemed to be explaining they had changed their credit card processing company.

I have not tried re-ordering yet. I am going to wait the 24 hours and look for the refund. If it doesn't show up I will call the credit card company.

This is looking more like a scam to me, we will see. I'll keep you all posted.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just ordered this ARB Twin from a store I've never heard of (seems kinda sketch). I guess we will see what show's up, but has anyone heard of Desertmoo before?
Nope most likely NOT legit. ARB Twins are $598. ARB is very strict about pricing. $298.99 is impossible for an ARB Twin. It's most likely a counterfeit. I'd avoid it. Buy from a trusted ARB Dealer (ahem, like us, *grin*)

OP
OP
Elliott35

Elliott35

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The worst part is your bank is going to tell you to ask them for a refund and wait for them to respond. I’ll wager $5 they do not respond.
Yea, worst case is my amex card has protection against these types of scams. I'm not worried about that.

Edit to add:
Use a password manager
I already do, each of my logins have a unique and random password and proxy emails plus TOTP 2FA (where allowed). I'm not worried about my online security either.

I guess I'll wait and see, I dont have high hopes, but the stakes are low enough that I figured i'd give it a shot. Google has them listed as a "trusted vendor" whatever that means.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yea, worst case is my amex card has protection against these types of scams. I'm not worried about that.

I already do, each of my logins have a unique and random password and proxy emails plus TOTP 2FA (where allowed). I'm not worried about my online security either.

I guess I'll wait and see, I dont have high hopes, but the stakes are low enough that I figured i'f give it a shot. Google has them listed as a "trusted vendor" whatever that means.
You're getting scammed. You should have never placed the order.

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hope you used Paypal, they will refund you the whole amount if it is a scam.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess I'll wait and see, I dont have high hopes, but the stakes are low enough that I figured i'd give it a shot. Google has them listed as a "trusted vendor" whatever that means.
Didn't know my audience. Your risk seems low.

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure how you paid, but if it were me I would be proactive about shutting down the true intent of sites like this which is to farm credit card numbers and use them for fraud. I'd notify my card company that the card was given to a vendor that I was now unsure of and see how they'd like to handle it (hopefully just provide a new card number). At the very least, watch your account closely for unauthorized charges over the next few weeks.

Sponsored

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I can't even view the site, my work computer labels it as malicious and high risk and blocks it.
Dang and I already received the compressor I ordered from you. So I think I'll pass :)

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has to be legit if it's on the Internet. Probably be delivered by this guy...

big bend.jpg

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Usually when you enter your info into a site like this it is taken and sold on the black market. Usually takes 4-6 weeks before it’s used. Will be the typical sacs 5th ave, Best Buy, or Amtrak. Bank will block it, txt/email you, cancel your card and send you a new one.

So you may still get the compressor, which knock off arb’s don’t have the Arb filters. On the knock offs you have high pressure (100 psi) then deluxe (150 psi). Fans will run non stop on a knock off if powered up. I bought one off Amazon for $344. Put it in tandem with my Arb and running in a dual setup. Besides the fan staying on when the compressor has power I’ve noticed no difference performance wise.

And as stated above, when in doubt buy from a reputable vendor. Which I see no reputable vendors posting in this thread yet.

Have had no issues with beefcake racing or lethal performance. Had a lot of issues with another on here.
Sponsored