Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Had a long receiver like this on my JK. Helps to get the hitch away from the tire - or the bike rack. Also helps protect the spare when sliding off ledges.

It’s actually long like that for load balancing hitches.

You get used to it sticking out and don’t hit it.

Could add on of these when crawling:

https://41twentytwo.com/product/hitch-slider/

TD723

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s a shin buster!

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

new to bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can you read the Curt model number? If this is Curt at all, might be DrawTite.
Curt makes a short one.
Post a pic of the top label.

Ford Bronco Is this normal? Hitch sticks out R (11)
This hitch looks like a good option. Do you need to buy the 4-pin connector harness separately?

Cleveland-Native

Badlands
First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Ranger, 2009 VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, the whole thing. Switch the bolts out from 1/2-13 x 4.5 to 1/2-13x4.0 grade 8 and you won’t even need to remove the bumper. 15 minute job. Curt makes a plug and play wiring kit but you’ll need to run a line up to the battery. Still easy peasy but 4 pin only that way. Adding 7 pin isn’t to bad either.
Thanks @BigFootie . Sorry for my ignorance but don't you need the full width cross bar piece too or is the bronco already equipped with that? When I clicked your link to the item it also included that cross bar but I do see you can butly the receiver part separately.

Also, my build dates have been getting pushed back like yours but the most recent email from Ford brought it back to April 10 so be on the lookout for that!

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi,

Just got my Ford Bronco Wildtrak and picked it up yesterday after they added some things. One of those things was a hitch from Curt. I was expecting a hitch that was closer to the bumper and not protruding out as much, but this one sticks out a fair bit. Not sure it's a bad thing or not. On the one hand, it may be better for connecting a hitch. If it was closer in line with the bumper the tire might be in the way. On the other hand, would the excess protrusion interfere with steep inclines... Thinking steep residential driveways or hills/drops at gas stations.

Looking for thoughts on whether this is normal or do I need to go back to the dealer?

20230211_104741.jpg

20230211_104729.jpg

$98: I got the standard sized CURT from Napa (for my 2022 non-sas 4-door Badlands)

$84 Then i paired it with the CURT T-wiring harness.

Installed like a charm, all of it, no issues

https://www.napaonline.com/accessories/curt-receiver-hitch/11724d1d?impressionRank=1

https://www.napaonline.com/accessories/curt-t-connector-wiring-harness/1199edc3?impressionRank=1

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you are simply towing a side x side trailer, I’d do two things.

1. Return the hitch they sold you in favor of the standard receiver hitch.
2. install a rotating or removable tongue jack. I installed a removable jack on my cargo trailer conversion, and I’m fine without an extension, but I’m still going to install a removable coupler to the trailer to lengthen the tongue by a few inches.

Ford Bronco Is this normal? Hitch sticks out 31FEA8FF-090B-431D-B69E-BE581A4CA08E

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Removable hitch design (not mine, plagiarized from the internet).
Ford Bronco Is this normal? Hitch sticks out C0A5CC37-690E-49A3-96AF-728896F8A55B

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How it looks before install of removable tongue hitch.
Ford Bronco Is this normal? Hitch sticks out 017641DF-E1F8-42F4-886F-9FFEA43A5788

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks @BigFootie . Sorry for my ignorance but don't you need the full width cross bar piece too or is the bronco already equipped with that? When I clicked your link to the item it also included that cross bar but I do see you can butly the receiver part separately.

Also, my build dates have been getting pushed back like yours but the most recent email from Ford brought it back to April 10 so be on the lookout for that!
Yes, the cross bar with 4 mounting holes is standard on all Bronco's. You are just adding the hitch portion. There are two lengths depending on your needs and uses. You can get one that sticks out farther that could eliminate the need for an extension to clear the rear tire for some bike racks but then that will also affect you departure angle if you are concerned about that aspect of your Bronco. I purchased the shorter version that does not stick out past the bumper but I will be towing a smaller utility trailer not using it for a bike rack (atleast for now).

Cleveland-Native

Badlands
First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Ranger, 2009 VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, the cross bar with 4 mounting holes is standard on all Bronco's. You are just adding the hitch portion. There are two lengths depending on your needs and uses. You can get one that sticks out farther that could eliminate the need for an extension to clear the rear tire for some bike racks but then that will also affect you departure angle if you are concerned about that aspect of your Bronco. I purchased the shorter version that does not stick out past the bumper but I will be towing a smaller utility trailer not using it for a bike rack (atleast for now).
Awesome. Thanks. I think I also saw some sort of hitch extension piece too. I'd like the shorter one but also have the option to extend it if need be. I'm sure that reduces the weight you can pull or something but for what I'd be using it for that's no big deal
Sponsored