Sponsored

Is your front end "Feeling not so fresh"?

lalnx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan, Rav4, had a 76 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well then, maybe you need to Bug Douche.

4 parts water
1 part white vinegar
drop of dish soap

You can put it in a spray bottle or just a container and dip a micro-fiber towel into it. Just apply to the surface to be cleaned, let set a minute or two, then firmly wipe area with the micro-fiber (wet with the solution) until bug residue is removed. Wipe dry with clean dry micro-fiber. On glass, a second light misting followed by a dry with a newspaper will give you a streak free finish.

This works as good if not better on the painted vertical surfaces, grill, headlights and bumper. After cleaning these sufaces follow up with your favorite 3 in 1 Ceramic Detail Spray to re-seal the areas that you may have stripped some protection from.

I live along the backwaters of the Mississippi river, and just a short drive in the summer at dusk can leave the front of your vehicle looking like a Chia pet. This is hands down the best process I have used.

Rav4 daily driver getting cleaned this morning before work.
Ford Bronco Is your front end "Feeling not so fresh"? 20230602_061225
Sponsored

OP
OP
lalnx

lalnx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Or, just use this:

1685713927170.png
That's cute, and may work for a smudge, or the level of bugs you run into in the desert, but not here in the swampy bottoms along the river. We have bug hatches here that show up on Doppler Radar
Ford Bronco Is your front end "Feeling not so fresh"? 1685714457780

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's cute, and may work for a smudge, or the level of bugs you run into in the desert, but not here in the swampy bottoms along the river. We have bug hatches here that show up on Doppler Radar
For really difficult cleanings, just use Scott Blue shop towels.

I feel your pain, we're currently having biblical-grade swarms of grasshoppers here. Every speck on the ground is another one, and they go for *miles*
Ford Bronco Is your front end "Feeling not so fresh"? 1685714888514

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For really difficult cleanings, just use Scott Blue shop towels.

I feel your pain, we're currently having biblical-grade swarms of grasshoppers here. Every speck on the ground is another one, and they go for *miles*
I can’t recall if you have a hood deflector or not, but do those help at all with these swarms??

Sponsored
OP
OP
lalnx

lalnx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can’t recall if you have a hood deflector or not, but do those help at all with these swarms??
I have one, and I did notice a slight reduction in the top 2/3 of the windshield, and a very noticable reduction in the bottom 3rd that you don't look out. 🤣
So overall, it may save me a bit of time/labor when cleaning, but mostly it protects the leading edge of the hood from stone chips. Oh, the bugs do seem to wipe off the deflector very easily as well.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Griots 3 in 1 ceramic spray. Then windows come clean with ease. 50/50 rubbing alcohol and water in a spray bottle works wonders on inside and out. No smudges or smears.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I add a hint of lavender or other essential oil in my vinegar mixture to keep away the bad things.
I am relegated to using SprayWay like @HotdogThud as my wife hates the vinegar smell if I use it on her windows, but it does work well.

Sponsored

bwilly68

Raptor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, Land Rover Defender
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That photo and comment brought back memories. Born and raised in Onalaska on that map. I remember weekends on the boat in Lansing Iowa watching crews use snowplows to remove the piles of dead mayflys after a hatch. Free bluegill bait when they’re out sitting on every surface in sight.

OP
OP
lalnx

lalnx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This sounds like substantially more work than just buying a dedicated product.
The only additional work is mixing the stuff in a container. All bug removal takes elbow grease to accomplish. This just seems to be more effective at breaking down the organic material than an alcohol based cleaner, and costs just pennies to make. The added step of 3 in 1 ceramic after cleaning should also be done regardless of what cleaner you use.

OP
OP
lalnx

lalnx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I remember weekends on the boat in Lansing Iowa watching crews use snowplows to remove the piles of dead mayflys after a hatch
Grew up in Lansing, live 10 miles north of there today, work in La Crosse.

Bob L

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a bug deflector and it does make a difference, however, not sure how much it would help with some of the crazy swarms being shown here.
Sponsored