Sponsored

@Ford Why is my days-old BD so rusty underneath?

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Crawled under to look at mounting my new transmission skid plate and noticed this. I’m in South Texas and the truck had less than 100 miles when these pictures were taken 1 day after purchase. I haven’t had time to crawl around under it more to look for more rust, But where I live rust is unusual,
Ford Bronco @Ford Why is my days-old BD so rusty underneath? F5A78918-60FF-4F52-AD57-50107F34D1CC

please leave that crap in Michigan.
Ford Bronco @Ford Why is my days-old BD so rusty underneath? BC0B7B1A-4795-4C6D-BE20-550F463DDD3A

Ford Bronco @Ford Why is my days-old BD so rusty underneath? D18DAE87-937B-49DD-ABE0-00D3B6EFC582
Sponsored

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Crawled under to look at mounting my new transmission skid plate and noticed this. I’m in South Texas and the truck had less than 100 miles when these pictures were taken 1 day after purchase. I haven’t had time to crawl around under it more to look for more rust, But where I live rust is unusual,
Ford Bronco @Ford Why is my days-old BD so rusty underneath? D18DAE87-937B-49DD-ABE0-00D3B6EFC582

please leave that crap in Michigan.

My guess, it was stored on a gravel lot.. We have the same problem with anything we park for some duration on a gravel driveway back in Indiana. I forget what the material is that is in the fill that causes this condition .. Ask your dealer how it was stored upon arrival from the factory.. Chances it was in the “back 40”….

OP
OP
Fordified1

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My guess, it was stored on a gravel lot.. We have the same problem with anything we park for some duration on a gravel driveway back in Indiana. I forget what the material is that is in the fill that causes this condition .. Ask your dealer how it was stored upon arrival from the factory.. Chances it was in the “back 40”….
This rust came from Michigan. I picked it up as soon as it hit the lot at my dealership.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Fordified1

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup surface rust, Ford will most likely not bother with this because it does not affect anything. If it bothers you hit it with Corroseal and forget about it.

https://www.roddapaint.com/product/interior-exterior-primer/corroseal-rust-converter-primer/
I’m very familiar with surface rust. This is flaking and almost pitted. zoom in on the axle and especially look under the bolt head. These parts were not stored correctly at the factory or they drove it around in the salt to test and didn’t do a chassis wash after. I’m not really concerned about the axles, I’m more concerned about what other rust is starting because they drove it around in the salt possibly. I guess the salt could’ve got under it when it was shipped from Michigan because it’s dead of winter up there. My 2002 Excursion has less rust than this bronco does already. I’m not saying I have a warranty claim. But this is bullshit.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks horrible and well beyond surface rust. Most likely had to go to a holding lot and went through salt. Sat there until completed and shipped rotting away. I'd be pretty upset.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m very familiar with surface rust. This is flaking and almost pitted. zoom in on the axle and especially look under the bolt head. These parts were not stored correctly at the factory or they drove it around in the salt to test and didn’t do a chassis wash after. I’m not really concerned about the axles, I’m more concerned about what other rust is starting because they drove it around in the salt possibly. I guess the salt could’ve got under it when it was shipped from Michigan because it’s dead of winter up there. My 2002 Excursion has less rust than this bronco does already. I’m not saying I have a warranty claim. But this is bullshit.
Wouldn't matter. Ford doesn't warranty against rust. Read the fine print.

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could have been yours was picked for random test drive off the line. Just a thought.

OP
OP
Fordified1

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Could have been yours was picked for random test drive off the line. Just a thought.
It had about 30 miles on it when it got to the dealership. It’s a small dealership and my salesman made sure nobody went for test rides but me.

OP
OP
Fordified1

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fordified1

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And if they did, they would be bankrupt.
I have owned a bunch of Fords through the years and drove them all well past 100,000 miles and none of them had rust issues. Hopefully this bronco won’t have any real rust problems. I’m just kind of pissed off that it’s this rusty already.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have owned a bunch of Fords through the years and drove them all well past 100,000 miles and none of them had rust issues. Hopefully this bronco won’t have any real rust problems. I’m just kind of pissed off that it’s this rusty already.
I believe you, however since that rust is typical of vehicles in the rust belt, warranty that would be impossible, if everyone here brought them in.

OP
OP
Fordified1

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe you, however since that rust is typical of vehicles in the rust belt, warranty that would be impossible, if everyone here brought them in.
Oh I agree.
Sponsored