Sponsored

Issue with Archetype Racing. Anyone else???

TD723

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the tip on these guys, looks like some cool stuff!
Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For what it's worth, I took a long trip this time last year in my Bronco with no front plate, through California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, Nevada and back to California. Never pulled over for not having the front plate. It's technically required here in California but I've never run front plates on anything, and I've never had a ticket for it.

I think Archetype racing is like a lot of small shops who are great at designing and making stuff but are still learning the ropes of E-commerce and managing expectations in an Amazon Prime world. I was patient with them on the stuff I ordered, and it all eventually showed up. But yeah, a little better communication might be in order.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If your home state doesn't require a front plate, you don't need one anywhere else.

If your home state does require a front plate, and you aren't running one at home, why are you worried about another state pulling you over for it?

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I purchased their CALL SIGN front plate holder on December 1st and still have yet to receive the item. Their site didn't have any mention of being out of stock, or that they had to make any, etc... So I purchased thinking it would ship with a couple of days.

It's now the 20th, and no plate holder. I had to send MULTIPLE emails to get someone to tell me that they actually didn't have any in stock, and another few emails from them days later to tell me that it would ship TODAY (12/20). Still no shipping info and no response to my email.

I like the item, and I want it, but companies that have very little customer support/crappy customer service really piss me off.

This is my first purchase from them and it hasn't been pleasant. Not sure I'll ever purchase from them again if they can't get me this damn plate holder soon.
I think your emails were handled today. If there was a day or two delay, it was totally my fault. I ordered the incorrect hardware and it was reordered today. If you received an email from Tracy saying it would ship tomorrow (the 21st) then, unless something Biblical happens, it will ship out.

We machine these parts, and we run a month or so worth of parts, until we run them again. It really depends on when on that cycle you ordered. For your particular order, it was the very beginning of the cycle. So your order had to wait. If someone were to order one today, there order would ship out tomorrow or Friday.

Like some have mentioned, this is a relatively small operation. Definitely not of the scale to be sold on Amazon. Probably never will be and I’m okay with that. There was a time, not too long ago, where I personally packed every order. I added the stickers and swag, taped the boxes. Then I lined the shipping label, FRAGILE stickers, and round AR sticker all up, and damn did my boxes look sharp!

As things grew, we added staff, and I wasn’t the be all end all of shipping anymore. So, yeah, a package would ship and screw would go missing or someone that packed hardware didn’t know there was a difference between a black oxide coated screw or a stainless black oxide screw. I just chalk it up to growing pains and a teachable moment. Now I have more time to call and email our painter and relentlessly ask for updates on fender badges. 🤦🏽‍♂️

OP
OP
WeirdGuy

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think your emails were handled today. If there was a day or two delay, it was totally my fault. I ordered the incorrect hardware and it was reordered today. If you received an email from Tracy saying it would ship tomorrow (the 21st) then, unless something Biblical happens, it will ship out.

We machine these parts, and we run a month or so worth of parts, until we run them again. It really depends on when on that cycle you ordered. For your particular order, it was the very beginning of the cycle. So your order had to wait. If someone were to order one today, there order would ship out tomorrow or Friday.

Like some have mentioned, this is a relatively small operation. Definitely not of the scale to be sold on Amazon. Probably never will be and I’m okay with that. There was a time, not too long ago, where I personally packed every order. I added the stickers and swag, taped the boxes. Then I lined the shipping label, FRAGILE stickers, and round AR sticker all up, and damn did my boxes look sharp!

As things grew, we added staff, and I wasn’t the be all end all of shipping anymore. So, yeah, a package would ship and screw would go missing or someone that packed hardware didn’t know there was a difference between a black oxide coated screw or a stainless black oxide screw. I just chalk it up to growing pains and a teachable moment. Now I have more time to call and email our painter and relentlessly ask for updates on fender badges. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Thanks for the reply. Im new to anything in the off-road world, so in all honesty I had never heard of your company before someone mentioned your CALL SIGN front plate holder. I wasnt aware that youre a small company, etc... I appreciate small businesses, and will buy from you again. Like I mentioned in my last post, Tracy did email me and handled my issue. She was very nice to deal with, and my part should be here Tuesday. I totally understand things happen, and wasnt sure if what was going on was something normal or if others had the same "issue".

Again, I appreciate the reply and now see it was somewhat of a misunderstanding on my part.

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I purchased their CALL SIGN front plate holder on December 1st and still have yet to receive the item. Their site didn't have any mention of being out of stock, or that they had to make any, etc... So I purchased thinking it would ship with a couple of days.

It's now the 20th, and no plate holder. I had to send MULTIPLE emails to get someone to tell me that they actually didn't have any in stock, and another few emails from them days later to tell me that it would ship TODAY (12/20). Still no shipping info and no response to my email.

I like the item, and I want it, but companies that have very little customer support/crappy customer service really piss me off.

This is my first purchase from them and it hasn't been pleasant. Not sure I'll ever purchase from them again if they can't get me this damn plate holder soon.
I have purchased several of their products. It is a great Company and the products are top notch. I am not defending them, but, you need to keep in mind what every business is dealing with right now. Besides supply problems the biggest problem is the inability to hire employees. We are seeing this in virtually every industry. It's a sad fact....too many Americans want to stay at home, collect benefits and not work. I would rather have this Company producing products, packaging for shipments than sitting on a computer answering emails. We in the auto world (owners) especially guys.....we want it now. I have had to wait longer than expected on many items I purchased for my Bronco. In the perfect "old" conditions; yeah email responses should happen, tracking numbers sent, quick production and shipment of products. We are no longer in that perfect world. (I waited over a month for products from Built Right, 2 months or longer for Diode Dynamics. Waited longer for most things. Heck...2 year wait to get a Bronco that should have been 4-6 months)

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks for the reply. Im new to anything in the off-road world, so in all honesty I had never heard of your company before someone mentioned your CALL SIGN front plate holder. I wasnt aware that youre a small company, etc... I appreciate small businesses, and will buy from you again. Like I mentioned in my last post, Tracy did email me and handled my issue. She was very nice to deal with, and my part should be here Tuesday. I totally understand things happen, and wasnt sure if what was going on was something normal or if others had the same "issue".

Again, I appreciate the reply and now see it was somewhat of a misunderstanding on my part.
All good! Sometimes things fall through the cracks, but we make it a point to make it right for you.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I appreciate your Company and all the products I have purchased from you. Top quality! I ran a business and sold it/retired 6 years ago. I could not imagine operating a business now with supply and personnel issues. I see these problems in my area across almost every industry. Thanks for your products and have a great Christmas!

OP
OP
WeirdGuy

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
All good! Sometimes things fall through the cracks, but we make it a point to make it right for you.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Merry Christmas to you as well. God Bless.

OP
OP
WeirdGuy

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have purchased several of their products. It is a great Company and the products are top notch. I am not defending them, but, you need to keep in mind what every business is dealing with right now. Besides supply problems the biggest problem is the inability to hire employees. We are seeing this in virtually every industry. It's a sad fact....too many Americans want to stay at home, collect benefits and not work. I would rather have this Company producing products, packaging for shipments than sitting on a computer answering emails. We in the auto world (owners) especially guys.....we want it now. I have had to wait longer than expected on many items I purchased for my Bronco. In the perfect "old" conditions; yeah email responses should happen, tracking numbers sent, quick production and shipment of products. We are no longer in that perfect world. (I waited over a month for products from Built Right, 2 months or longer for Diode Dynamics. Waited longer for most things. Heck...2 year wait to get a Bronco that should have been 4-6 months)

I dont disagree with you, in fact, I totally agree 100%. I get caught up in life and can sometimes forget what state the world is in. I do try to keep in mind though, as we all are dealing with crap these days from all of the new world chaos.

Sponsored

Doccruz1

Wildtrak
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lets see my wife and I both ordered console badges in early February and never received the screws. We both have emailed them via contact us and lets say they Ghosted us. No screws to mount badges and no word on when we will receive

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Lets see my wife and I both ordered console badges in early February and never received the screws. We both have emailed them via contact us and lets say they Ghosted us. No screws to mount badges and no word on when we will receive
Please, PM me your order number and I'll look into it.

RJones

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I purchased their stirrups and after months of waiting, finally canceled the order. The kept $90 for “restocking fee”. Felt more like theft despite whatever their fine print states.
Sponsored