Sponsored

It’s MY25, your Bronco is getting a refresh, what are your most desired changes/adjustments?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So you want the electric?
The Oates Edition was discovered through VIN decoding for MY'23. It obviously never made it. It was a 2-dr only variant and the supposition is that it was a Stroppe Baja livery WT. The code name was an attempt at subterfuge by hiding the obvious connection to Rod Hall.
Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The Oates Edition was discovered through VIN decoding for MY'23. It obviously never made it. It was a 2-dr only variant and the supposition is that it was a Stroppe Baja livery WT. The code name was an attempt at subterfuge by hiding the obvious connection to Rod Hall.
Everything about the secret Oates is supposition... Including my take... But here me out. All of the clues are there...

Ford is targeting Jeep. Jeep has an electric hybrid.

What does a Bronco eat? Gasses? Hay? = gasoline

If you feed it oats = Electric.

Ford had to have VIN numbers to manufacture and test Mules.... If you were Ford, How would you hide that information?

I would bet money on the Oates being an Electric Mule. (probably hybrid)

As for the Stroppe Baja... Look to the DR.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everything about the secret Oates is supposition... Including my take... But here me out. All of the clues are there...

Ford had to have VIN numbers to manufacture and test Mules.... If you were Ford, How would you hide that information?

But the DR is such a limited production that I don't think it would fit getting a Stroppe Baja livery edition to the masses. I don't think such a livery will have any unique mechanical parts that already exists on the WT. But being limited to a 2-dr, vinyl exterior livery with special badging, and unique interior would be an easy money-grab by Ford.

I expect Ford to follow Jeep's lead by offering more sticker special editions. Of course, a PHEV should be expected also.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

But the DR is such a limited production that I don't think it would fit getting a Stroppe Baja livery edition to the masses. I don't think such a livery will have any unique mechanical parts that already exists on the WT. But being limited to a 2-dr, vinyl exterior livery with special badging, and unique interior would be an easy money-grab by Ford.

I expect Ford to follow Jeep's lead by offering more sticker special editions. Of course, a PHEV should be expected also.
I agree with you!.... I am just calling out what I think they are doing. I am not justifying any of it because well... I would do it differently.... I also think some of your suggestions would serve them better.

I am even in the middle of building my own edition..... I am going to call it a prototype and I think Ford should come and take a close look at tit and consider offering it... But I bet they don't.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base

Farley's favorite band is Hall and Oates, knowing that Oates was riding shotgun, it is pretty obvious that the Oates Edition is simply a righthand drive postal Bronco, to compete with the wrangler.

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I agree with you!.... I am just calling out what I think they are doing. I am not justifying any of it because well... I would do it differently.... I also think some of your suggestions would serve them better.
Farley's favorite band is Hall and Oates, knowing that Oates was riding shotgun, it is pretty obvious that the Oates Edition is simply a righthand drive postal Bronco, to compete with the wrangler.
While I find that funny I am not sure if you are trying to make fun of my logic....

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
While I find that funny I am not sure if you are trying to make fun of my logic....
I thought it was well known that the Oates Edition was the postal Bronco. If Ford releases an electric vehicle based on the Bronco, it will be called the Mustang Mach E ll.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Give me a hard top that doesn’t suck. Ventilated seats would be cool. And the digital dash from the raptor.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I thought it was well known that the Oates Edition was the postal Bronco. If Ford releases an electric vehicle based on the Bronco, it will be called the Mustang Mach E ll.
News to me... I had heard rumor but I also heard rumor of 20 other possibilities.

Where did this well known information come from? Last I heard the US postal service was looking at several competing bids and Ford was not among them. That does not mean a mule was not created but the timing seems quite late for that venture.
Sponsored