Sponsored

It’s MY25, your Bronco is getting a refresh, what are your most desired changes/adjustments?

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mechanical Gauges, Mechanical door windows(door handle lowers the window not the electronics), Mechanical Transfer case.
And none of that newfangled fuel injection, 12 volt power, and disc brakes, either! Dagnabbit.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So you want "3 on the tree"?

I would take steering wheel mounted shifters like my X4. Manually shifting the Bronco automatic requires removing one hand from steering wheel
There’s really no reason for a mechanical shifter or “manual” shifting. Just stick paddles on Wildtrack and Raptor since they are “desert runner” models. Save space with an electronic shifter with just PRND and then use that space for a mechanical parking brake.

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t need any of those fancy changes, but I would like the top a couple of inches taller. If I am first in line at the light , I have to look the light’s reflection on my hood to see it turn green.
AMEN to that.. Lots of cranking my old neck to see those lights… 🤓

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3. Fan adjustment that doesn’t take 5 seconds to change after toggling.
Of all the stupid shit ... this burns my toast every time..... on a BASE model none the less!!!
Why so much tech to change a fan speed?

I wonder how much cheaper a vehicle could be made if all the senseless BS would be removed?

The same can be said of all the 4wd nannys that are programmed in.
We've already had several reports of the computer deciding that you've had enough 4x4 for awhile and locking it out.
This is progress?

Tech is fine .... if it is going to reliably do what I tell it to do , when I tell it to do it.
Anything less is not helpful.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1) A fixed cab with far less noise and better heat insulation. I am guessing that the number of people in the general population who actually remove their hard top is less than 1%

1a) If you absolutely must force a removable top down out throats, make it not suck. Weight should not be the primary design criterion. You should not be using corrugated cardboard. The top should be able to take reasonable contact with branches without puncture or cracking.

2) Interior lights that don't suck. Not sure why both the Jeep and Bronco are horrid.

3) Headlights that don't suck. Again, Jeep and Bronco share this same characteristic.

4) Far more achor points in the cargo space, including on the back of the seats and the sides of the trunk area

5) Front camera optioned at a reasonable cost. Don't make me buy a Badlands AND a lux package. I don't roll in dough.

6) Fender flares - don't give that design task to an unpaid intern like you did the first time.

7) An AC that can actually push air to the windshield, the front passengers, the front door wells, and the rear passengers at the same time. At the moment you get no air in the back and only two of the 3 positions in the front. And while you are at it, don't make me use a dumb touch screen to change that. I have to take my eyes off the road.

8) A driver dispkay that does not look like an 80s video game. What, you could not get a screen with more than 300px resolution?

9) Better grab handle positions

10) A stereo that does not require 20 hrs of disassembly to replace. This is a Ford, not a BMW where everything takes 20nhrs to replace by design.

11) Framed windows. Yup, like almost every other car on the road. Frameless seems sexy but in reality is just a PITA in every possible respect. Getting proper ventilation at night during bug season is very difficult.

12) A front license plate mounting solution that does not suck

13) USB ports that can charge a phone in less than 5 hrs would be nice. You know, QC3, PD, all that exotic technology that you can buy on Amazon for less than $30?

14) USB port(s) on the front dash. You gave us an accessory ready bracket there, how are we supposed to wire said accessories.

illverado

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
700whp stick shift 2000 silverado 2011 caprice ppv
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2 door, retain backseat, bring back glass forward to the back of the back seat, extend cargo area to make a small truck bed. Think scrambler
I know, nobody but me wants this

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot of interesting ideas, basically, I'm very happy with my Badlands 2 Dr, MT Sasquatch. A few glitches that bug me, Wipers that stop in heavy rain, driver visor that does not require me to duck down to see out the windshield and an extension on the left side to block out the gap at the A Pillar (fixed that with black gorilla tape), grinding syncos in cold weather, all of which I can live with.

What I hate is the redundant Dual Speedometers. Why Ford felt we needed two speedo's is beyond me, no creativity whatsoever. I never look at the analog (a big part of which is hidden by the steering wheel), when the digital is front and center of the dash. The tachometer is useless, really a vertical bar graph. Ditch both the digital speedo and tack, replace with an analog tach or at least a round digital tack (please no flashing numbers racing by) in the wasted digital real-estate. I would think an over the air update can do this.

Sponsored

Dangler

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
-Give us the painted black MOD top already!

-Give us Leadfoot Gray

-Give us the squared fenders

-Give us one grill. No need for all the variations. And paint that outer beveled edge body color

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1) A recirculate button that stays on
2) Plastics that scratch less easily
3) Any coyote engine
4) Wireless charging that actually works well
5) Redesigned fenders
6) Better speakers
7) Full digital driver display
8) More axle choices
9) Better steering rack
10) Rear A/C vents
11) Factory cooled seats option
Get rid of auto start/stop
get rid of double horn honk
offer free retro upgrade to 12 inch screen for current owners with the 8” screen

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Get rid of auto start/stop
get rid of double horn honk
offer free retro upgrade to 12 inch screen for current owners with the 8” screen
Ironically, I approached the Bronco intending to buy a Base knowing I would be heavily customizing anyway. But wound up with an OBX (which I’m sure is what Ford wanted) bc it was the first package I could get lockers and a 12” screen. Dumb.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
-Manual transmission with larger engine.
-analog tach, don’t care about full digital display.
-More mix and match options for interior packages
-Ability to choose interior dash, seat, and accent colors
-Coyote engine.
-Rear vents

aham23

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2019 Audi SQ%
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has 3 days to fulfill their promise of a Q4 fix on the window rattle.

Think they will make it?

How one of the top auto makers in the world can’t come up with a fix for this is beyond me. It must mean the current design of the front door windows Is F’d up beyond belief and they can’t figure it out.

Must be the same team who came up with the rear hatch on the soft top. 😁
100% Agree!
Sponsored