First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used the Hammerbuilt tailgate reinforcement with the RotoPax mount, the JCR Off-Road spare tire basket (I built the support brackets myself out of aluminum because they are made of steel and too heavy, in my opinion, from JCR; Hooke Road half luggage rack and Front Runner boxes. We just completed a week long trip to Silverton Colorado and everything worked great!
CL9.jpg
Hammer Built makes a great setup...lighter than many others and low profile. Is yours first gen plate with delrin spacers or second gen plate with RTR spacers or Raptor hinges?
Sponsored

OP
OP

CatcusGrey

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What bumper is that in the picture. I was looking for a double swingout. Tire is a bit too high but hopefully it’s adjustable.
It adjusts but not sure if I'm the pic it is already at the lowest setting...but by design yes it can adjust. Additional holes could also be drilled, but given that the bumper is not notched off center toward the passenger side (not sure why given that tire is mounted towards passenger side) it could go lower than bumper top only if tire extends beyond bumper (depending on offset). Also consider that some visibility out of the rear window will be lost (happens with any spare but when off to the passenger side impacts checking for lane changes).

Ford Bronco Jerry can mount solution to tailgate? Screenshot_20230813_164232_Chrome

Sponsored

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a few scepter cans (gas and water) if anyone is interested. I have the 10L and 20L versions. I am in southern california/Los Angeles area. DM if interested.

Last edited:

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Jerry can mount solution to tailgate? Screenshot_20230813_164232_Chrome

https://rockslideengineering.com/product/ez-rack-kit/

It's essentially just a ratchet strap around the spare tire. The nice thing about this is you can take it on and off as you need, so it's not as permanent of a solution as others.
This is my solution as well. I don't want to leave my stuff out in the open all the time (fuel degradation, weight, theft risk, etc.) so this is an easy-on easy-off option that works great when I need it, and sits in my garage when I don't. I even fabbed a mount for my traction boards because the system is so easy to work with and modify. Drilling holes costs nothing.

Shrek27

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Jerry can mount solution to tailgate? IMG_4490
Ford Bronco Jerry can mount solution to tailgate? IMG_4491

or ratchet straps with a 4 gal Rotopax
IG: expeditionxoffroad

MungTM

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes C300
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are close to releasing a Jerry Can mount for our TC3-M1 tire carrier reinforcement If you’re also looking to beef up your spare tire assembly.

https://turnoffroad.com/collections...bronco-hd-tire-carrier-tailgate-reinforcement
We are close to releasing a Jerry Can mount for our TC3-M1 tire carrier reinforcement If you’re also looking to beef up your spare tire assembly.

https://turnoffroad.com/collections...bronco-hd-tire-carrier-tailgate-reinforcement
Any update on the availability of your jerry can mount?

98infinity

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150, 20 Road King, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Any update on the availability of your jerry can mount?
We completely redid the design. First prototype of the new design should be done this month and they should be available within 60 days of that. Sorry for the delay!
Sponsored