Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bummer. I guess I'll order a temp mesh top for my trip in a couple of weeks and sell it off when this one arrives.
There is a new update being sent out via email today on the status. We are doing everything we can to get them out. This is a new product and we can't afford to make mistakes.
Thanks for your patience.
Mike
Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank for the update @JTopsUSA Its already in the mid-high 90's in my area and I cant wait lol.

I am also located in Palmdale, California and dont mind driving my 2022 4dr Bronco Wildtrak to your shop to be a guinea pig :)

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@JTopsUSA Any plans for a half top?

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Announces Bimini Sun Shades for the 2/4 door hard tops! Screenshot_20220608-172639_Chrome
Not at this time. Because of the structure of the roll cage our design would not perform well on Bronco.
The full shade is a much better option because it can be used like a half shade but crests a smooth interior. Also if you take off the center panel it shades the back.
Mike

1B849C63-5DF5-4CAC-998E-D5908C28EBF2.jpeg

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not at this time. Because of the structure of the roll cage our design would not perform well on Bronco.
The full shade is a much better option because it can be used like a half shade but crests a smooth interior. Also if you take off the center panel it shades the back.
Mike

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Announces Bimini Sun Shades for the 2/4 door hard tops! 1B849C63-5DF5-4CAC-998E-D5908C28EBF2
Thanks for the info. Mine's a two door with the back seats folded down 99% of the time. Just curious about future designs. Thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info. Mine's a two door with the back seats folded down 99% of the time. Just curious about future designs. Thanks
Ah ok we understand, on a 2 door we feel the full shade makes even more sense.
We have made prototypes of front only but they just don’t meet our performance requirements.
Thanks for your interest.
Mike
ED0A8297-32BE-42A4-AEF1-2AFC3F51F531.jpeg
48429FB7-FD4F-4209-A7C2-A4670091E0A7.jpeg

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any thoughts of making this top available as just a old school bikini top? I get the cool factor of getting some shade and still being to see out, but it would be nice to have something that would actually keep a light rain out of the truck…..and currently no one seems to offer a real bikini top…I have always liked rocking a bikini on all my broncos,Jeeps,scouts and samurais all summer long.

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any thoughts of making this top available as just a old school bikini top? I get the cool factor of getting some shade and still being to see out, but it would be nice to have something that would actually keep a light rain out of the truck…..and currently no one seems to offer a real bikini top…I have always liked rocking a bikini on all my broncos,Jeeps,scouts and samurais all summer long.
We have answered this question extensively in other threads. Here is the reason.

Well unfortunately it’s quite difficult to make this sort of shade out of solid vinyl or canvas.The reason is called the “Bernoulli effect”, I’ll explain.

Using a rain resistant vinyl or canvas for the material does not allow the top to breathe. What happens is the air rushing across the surface creates a low pressure area. It’s like the wing of an airplane, it creates lift. (Bernoulli Effect) Without a structure like a soft top has the top bubbles up and tries to tear off. Using mesh the pressure can escape and the mesh stays in place without a structure.

Believe me we have tried all kinds of things to make one for our Jeep product lines, but nothing short of a metal structure works.

Now with that said Bestop makes one but it has rods to kind of hold it in place. The issues start at above 45 MPH for them as well. The Bernoulli effect is hard to defeat!

We do make a Titanium mesh that blocks 90% of the UV rays but it still will not block the rain. The water is repelled while driving, it’s when you stop that it comes through.

Absolutely a great question and I hope this helped explain the why.

If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Mike

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have answered this question extensively in other threads. Here is the reason.

Well unfortunately it’s quite difficult to make this sort of shade out of solid vinyl or canvas.The reason is called the “Bernoulli effect”, I’ll explain.

Using a rain resistant vinyl or canvas for the material does not allow the top to breathe. What happens is the air rushing across the surface creates a low pressure area. It’s like the wing of an airplane, it creates lift. (Bernoulli Effect) Without a structure like a soft top has the top bubbles up and tries to tear off. Using mesh the pressure can escape and the mesh stays in place without a structure.

Believe me we have tried all kinds of things to make one for our Jeep product lines, but nothing short of a metal structure works.

Now with that said Bestop makes one but it has rods to kind of hold it in place. The issues start at above 45 MPH for them as well. The Bernoulli effect is hard to defeat!

We do make a Titanium mesh that blocks 90% of the UV rays but it still will not block the rain. The water is repelled while driving, it’s when you stop that it comes through.

Absolutely a great question and I hope this helped explain the why.

If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Mike
I guess I missed it anywhere else it was posted….but yes the explanation makes sense….I’m sure it could be engineered to work but would probably drastically change the design I’m sure. Thanks for the quick response….

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I missed it anywhere else it was posted….but yes the explanation makes sense….I’m sure it could be engineered to work but would probably drastically change the design I’m sure. Thanks for the quick response….
We have made prototypes and it would end up being a a totally different product. Unfortunately we don’t have the expertise in metal work.
Hopefully a manufacturer with the ability will come up with one.

Thanks for asking though.
Mike

Sponsored

Wvwaiting

Badlands
First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mike, I am just sayin!! Kait is FREAKING AMAZING!!!! I started with a vision and she nailed it!!! I am doing a happy dance!!!! Couldn't be happier with the customer service and communication! Now if this damn Bronco would show up!

Erick2123

Badlands
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Acura TLX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have made prototypes and it would end up being a a totally different product. Unfortunately we don’t have the expertise in metal work.
Hopefully a manufacturer with the ability will come up with one.

Thanks for asking though.
Mike
by any chance do we have updates on the 4 door tops ?I know production was starting but these California days are getting hotter lol

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
by any chance do we have updates on the 4 door tops ?I know production was starting but these California days are getting hotter lol
Full production starts next week as we begin full rollout of the hardtop products.
Mike

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They were gonna ship for the past 3 weeks now. I wouldn't put too much stock in the "updates"

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They were gonna ship for the past 3 weeks now. I wouldn't put too much stock in the "updates"
We try to keep everyone informed and be factual about the status. We will ship as soon as we can. There are dozens of steps before we go into full production. We are always cautious when shipping a new product. The buck stops with me and I take full responsibility for delays.
If our delays are causing an issue we are happy to issue a refund.
Mike / Owner/ JTopsUSA

Sponsored