Sponsored

Just hit 2500 miles. When is it time for my first oil/fluid change and tire rotation?

NiceBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lots of debate for first oil change. I did mine at 5k and every 5k for me.
Sponsored

jdbabb4247

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve searched 6g, the Bronco Discord, as well as a few Reddit threads and have seen such a wide variety of answers I figured I would ask directly.

My 2023 2.3l Heritage just crossed over 2500 miles. All easy in town driving over the past three months. No off-roading, towing, or high engine revs for fun at this point. I know the oil in these cars can go for longer than 2500 miles and if I go by m y FordConnect App I’m at 70% oil life. But seeing so many people say they did ALL their fluids at 500 or a 1000 I am wondering if I am already behind the boat.

Please forgive some of the simple questions.

So…
Oil change. When?
Should I ask they to change all my fluids. Which I am guessing is brake and coolant? Are there more?
Tire rotation. I have seen someone post a pattern for a five wheel rotation to keep the spare in the mix. Is that a usual thing? Would a tire place or the dealership know to do that, or will I have to tell them how I want it done. Then how do you know they followed what you asked whiteout watching?

Where are people getting their service done? Do I go through a dealership just so everything is linked through my Ford account or does that not really matter?

On threads I have seen people talk about a window fix done through programming at the dealership. The update to lower the windows on unlock to help prevent it from flopping on the door when opened? What do I ask for them to do? Are they any other fixes I should know to ask for?

Picture added for no reason at all. I just like looking at her.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

IMG_6654.jpeg
Do mine every 3500 miles, relatively cheap maintenance.

Tanger

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsches, W124 E500
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
What are people in SoCal paying for an oil change? Looking into maintenance plan (rough math is that it averages out to be $140 per.)

RedSoloCup

Big Bend
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had a 2.7 in my F150 that i just traded on for my Bronco 2.7. I used Supertech full synthetic at 5000 mile intervals. I do first change at 1000-1500 miles. Anyways i ended up changing at 5500 miles and the oil sample sent to blackstone labs said it was still good to go. So I’ll use 5k oil changes and that same oil or one that is also know to be very good like Quaker state full synthetic or Pennzoil platinum.

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1500 miles ago