Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It makes sense I guess, its a holiday week, etc...........slow it down, before ramping it up soon thereafter hopefully

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Technically that's just 4 working days (or 5 if counting Saturday) because of Independence Day, right? Just another day in BroncoWorld.

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So in your opinion, do you think this will push everything out another week? Appreciate your updates!!!
I believe this was scheduled in during the changes we saw over the weekend, many builds were pulled forward to the week of 6/28.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This just in, haha!

I posted this back in May and got shut down pretty good, so it can't be true, right? I mean, they were scheduled, at least a month or more ago, to be shutting down the week of 7/5, but I was told I was full of sh*t, so how can we believe it now?

I wonder if they'll shut down the last week of July too...

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I posted this back in May and got shut down pretty good, so it can't be true, right? I mean, they were scheduled, at least a month or more ago, to be shutting down the week of 7/5, but I was told I was full of sh*t, so how can we believe it now?
There was a rumor the circulated among MAP employees of a 7/5 - 7/16 shutdown that at the time was blamed on semiconductors. The schedule never included that shut down, and builds were scheduled for the week of 7/5 until this past Monday.

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I believe this was scheduled in during the changes we saw over the weekend, many builds were pulled forward to the week of 6/28.
Initially scheduled for 6/28, moved to 7/20 build date. In your best guess, is this a Webasto issue or SAS issue?

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not surprised by any of this though. I work for a manufacturing plant as a CNC Machinist and while we haven’t had to shut down thankfully we are having major issues with getting raw parts in the plant for production just like Ford is. We are also short staffed and can’t seem to find any new workers. Lots of bad dominos falling into place all at once right now unfortunately. Gonna take a little while to get the kinks worked out of the system.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suspect that the "Webasto shield" is hiding a number of other commodity constraints, and it is probably more cost efficient for Ford to absorb the UAW-negotiated 75% labor rates during a brief shutdown than to incur time-&-a-half labor rates (150%) for overtime work later.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just in- MAP will be down the week of 7/5 to allow commodity supplies to catch back up.
Ross, when that happens, do they push ALL builds back a week?...or do they just move 7/5 week builds to the end of the line?

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmmm......My build date of 6/21 that was pushed to July 16th that was moved forward to July 12th should be perfectly fine I bet LOL!! 🤦🏼‍♂️

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There was a rumor the circulated among MAP employees of a 7/5 - 7/16 shutdown that at the time was blamed on semiconductors. The schedule never included that shut down, and builds were scheduled for the week of 7/5 until this past Monday.
Nah, it was communicated outside of Ford, communicated to vendors and in print. Currently shows 7/26 as another shutdown, but that is an "estimate".

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ross, when that happens, do they push ALL builds back a week?...or do they just move 7/5 week builds to the end of the line?
Never a bulk pushback. In this case, many builds were pulled forward a week. Others were slotted into open spaces the following week.

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not surprised by any of this though. I work for a manufacturing plant as a CNC Machinist and while we haven’t had to shut down thankfully we are having major issues with getting raw parts in the plant for production just like Ford is. We are also short staffed and can’t seem to find any new workers. Lots of bad dominos falling into place all at once right now unfortunately. Gonna take a little while to get the kinks worked out of the system.
I'm glad I'm not the only one here that's in manufacturing that can accept and understand why they're doing this.

Absolutely no point in running the lines if they have to scavenge for clean builds and parts for these builds, run the line slower than possible because of this, and waste money on still paying the employees for the same amount of time but with an outcome of less overall finished products
Sponsored