First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For the experts, I’d like to run my scenario by you. Forgive me for piggybacking into this post.

So I’m a newbie too. Ordered a 2dr BD SAS 2.7 on 4/20. Dealer had no 2dr allocations left, (told this AFTER my order was placed) but was told I was next if something they “got another”. I put $500 down, refundable, got a signed DORA, and Ford confirmed my order via email.

So riddle me this. How could my order go through at Ford even if the dealership had no other 2 door allocations left? I’m sitting at a priority code of 19 as of now. If the dealership had no more allocations, why didn’t Ford hold me at 99 (on hold, no build).

Sorry for my stupid questions:(
Sponsored

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm told if I take a dead chicken and swing it around at midnight in a graveyard It will speed up my build! LoL
The emotional toll waiting for it will probably inch you closer to the graveyard faster than a bad booger sugar addiction or booze. Just wanted to put that PSA out there for all the new folks reading this.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So riddle me this. How could my order go through at Ford even if the dealership had no other 2 door allocations left? I’m sitting at a priority code of 19 as of now. If the dealership had no more allocations, why didn’t Ford hold me at 99 (on hold, no build).
Lots of reasons. Because orders are accepted without regard to build spec as constraints are subject to change. For example, what if your dealers last spoken for 2-door allocation was an identical build as yours BD except with the 2.3 motor. Then, next month Ford announces the 2.3 is now constrained or balanced out for the year. If the dealer doesn't have another buildable order in the slot for that allocation then they would get a stock unit instead

There is also the chance that the dealers gain allocations as monthly production can change.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I ordered mine I asked the sales manager how many allocations they had for the year, how many 2drs were already ordered so I knew that I was going to get scheduled for ‘23. The constraint percentage was 10 for the 2dr so I knew it was a good order. I ordered mine on 4/10 and got the email I was scheduled on 4/27 for the week oh 6/19.
Wow! Nice timing.
When I ordered mine I asked the sales manager how many allocations they had for the year, how many 2drs were already ordered so I knew that I was going to get scheduled for ‘23. The constraint percentage was 10 for the 2dr so I knew it was a good order. I ordered mine on 4/10 and got the email I was scheduled on 4/27 for the week oh 6/19.
When you ordered on 4/10 what was the Priority Code that the dealer put on your order?

OP
OP

jrm5723

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow! Nice timing.

When you ordered on 4/10 what was the Priority Code that the dealer put on your order?
So, is the essence of the problem more demand than supply can produce, or is the issue with Ford's scheduling process, or both?

Sponsored
OP
OP

jrm5723

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For the experts, I’d like to run my scenario by you. Forgive me for piggybacking into this post.

So I’m a newbie too. Ordered a 2dr BD SAS 2.7 on 4/20. Dealer had no 2dr allocations left, (told this AFTER my order was placed) but was told I was next if something they “got another”. I put $500 down, refundable, got a signed DORA, and Ford confirmed my order via email.

Sorry for my stupid questions:(
I also have a question, I have a priority code 12, what does this mean? Does a lower number or higher indicate a shorter wait time for build to start?

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I also have a question, I have a priority code 12, what does this mean? Does a lower number or higher indicate a shorter wait time for build to start?
As I read it, priority codes 10 thru 19 are standard retail priority codes. Some say the lower the code the faster you may get scheduled, BUT, if you have a 10 code with a constraint, the 19 code without a constraint will get scheduled before yours.

99 codes are a “hold, no build” code. And dealer stock were different as well (can’t remember offhand what they are).

Someone with much more knowledge might chime in here too. But I searched the forum and found this info earlier

Jpargo

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi I too am a newbie and on my second Bronco order as I started the process 18 months ago and then was told I had to pay $5k over for the typical "market adjustment"

Fast forward to May 2023 and another dealer told me they would sell me a Bronco at MSRP but I had to place an order. I was told on Monday May 1st that the order backs were open and went on line on May 2nd to build my 2 Door 2.7 Outer Banks Bronco. My order was confirmed on May 3rd by Ford via email.

I was surprised to receive an email the very next day on May 4th that my order was being built the week of June 26th and my Bronco was assigned a VIN #.

Last week I received an updated build date email from Ford that my Bronco would now be built the week of June 19th. I hope the date is correct as I'm really excited to finally get one! Anyone have updates on if the build dates are correct or if you can count on what is communicate from Ford?

OP
OP

jrm5723

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As I read it, priority codes 10 thru 19 are standard retail priority codes. Some say the lower the code the faster you may get scheduled, BUT, if you have a 10 code with a constraint, the 19 code without a constraint will get scheduled before yours.

99 codes are a “hold, no build” code. And dealer stock were different as well (can’t remember offhand what they are).

Someone with much more knowledge might chime in here too. But I searched the forum and found this info earlier
Thanks, good info to know.

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just started my journey, ordered 2023 Big Bend 2dr, white Bronco on 5/23/23. Has anyone else recently placed an order? It would be nice to see how other folk's orders placed in similar time frames are going. I'm hoping to take delivery this year!
I've had a reservation since Day 1 but waited until January to place my order. Built last week of April and delivered May 8th. 4 dr. soft top, Big Bend Sasquatch with the V6.

Sponsored

Amiller

Wildtrak
First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just started my journey, ordered 2023 Big Bend 2dr, white Bronco on 5/23/23. Has anyone else recently placed an order? It would be nice to see how other folk's orders placed in similar time frames are going. I'm hoping to take delivery this year!
How is this possible? My dealer said the order bank is still closed?

Brian’sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow! Nice timing.

My DORA showed 19.

Brian’sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, is the essence of the problem more demand than supply can produce, or is the issue with Ford's scheduling process, or both?
From what I see it’s Fords screwed up allocations, some dealers just don’t get enough while others get too many. My dealer had 40 and I was the 8th person to order a Bronco two weeks after they opened so what does that say.

OP
OP

jrm5723

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How is this possible? My dealer said the order bank is still closed?
When did your dealer tell you this? I don't think all the dealers are reading the same page of music! You may want to try another dealer.
Sponsored