Sponsored

Just Scheduled for a Bronco I Don't Need... Options?

Back2Ford

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'63 F100, '13 GTI, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all- After about 1.5 years, my EG Black Diamond 2D 2.7 Mid package with tow has been scheduled. Yay!

Unfortunately (or not) about a month ago I got tired of waiting with no idea of how long it would be and snagged a '21 Badlands in Detroit (shout out to Suburban Ford Used in Sterling Heights- Shawn and Tom were awesome with an out-of-state sale and it was an honest pleasure and a fun drive home). This baby has the lux package and even more off-road chops than my BD and I got a killer deal so I think I want to keep it.

SO... what do I do? Let the dealer keep it? Buy it anyway and try to flip? I don't feel like it's out of bounds to try and get a little something (over what I pay) as a return on the 1.5 years I've waited but I also don't want to feel like a profiteering jerk. Plus there's the hassle of buying it and reselling it, insuring it for however long it's in my hands, etc. We definitely don't need another Bronco, especially a 2D. I'm in CO, and there still aren't tons around here, so the demand might support a flip, but with the supply finally increasing that can't last long.

Anybody out there faced a similar dilemma? Thanks and best of luck to everyone still waiting...
Sponsored

utbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd find someone you know that is looking and let them buy it from the dealer in your place

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m in a similar situation, I have a 2dr BD with a 2dr heritage scheduled. I don’t think the market will support making much after paying sales tax.

Dquimby9

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Now that I have a VIN for my original build, I sold my 2 door Big Bend that I bought off a lot to CARVANA for $4500 over sticker. This was with me putting 11,xxx miles on it. So you can still make a profit.

Sponsored

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think you would have been able to make a bit of cash by flipping it a year ago, but I don't think that's the case anymore.
I would normally 100% agree but I have an odd data point.

I reserved a 2Dr Big Bend with low options in Feb 2022 and it arrived in Feb 2023. I did not want it and was looking everywhere in FL for a higher trim Bronco but markups were crazy and/or not the ideal trim or was sold before I could buy it. So I take delivery of the Big Bend expecting to maybe lose $1K after taxes because of price protection and drive it for a few months....

After a month, I knew the Big Bend was the wrong trim for me (no lockers and bash plate) and went to various places to get trade in values. CarMax offered $6.5K over my OTD price and I accepted it on the spot. I think there is a lull in Bronco supply right now as I can't find any on lots. Possibly due to the holiday shutdown and it being tax refund season. Who knows in a few weeks if this will be the case.

My suggestion is if you want to give the other Bronco a try and lose a little... do it. My odd case is probably a rarity but there are folks still pocketing a little.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Get quotes from the carmax,carvana, type places and see what the market is like. The market is definitely softening, but you still might be able to make a few $$.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd probably try to get out of it if I can get any deposit back that I paid. I think it depends on what kind of deal you'll get if you buy it and how much time you have to mess around with it. If you've got the time and want to see if you can make a few bucks and don't mind taking the risk, go for it. A black diamond in CO should be in demand.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all- After about 1.5 years, my EG Black Diamond 2D 2.7 Mid package with tow has been scheduled. Yay!

Unfortunately (or not) about a month ago I got tired of waiting with no idea of how long it would be and snagged a '21 Badlands in Detroit (shout out to Suburban Ford Used in Sterling Heights- Shawn and Tom were awesome with an out-of-state sale and it was an honest pleasure and a fun drive home). This baby has the lux package and even more off-road chops than my BD and I got a killer deal so I think I want to keep it.

SO... what do I do? Let the dealer keep it? Buy it anyway and try to flip? I don't feel like it's out of bounds to try and get a little something (over what I pay) as a return on the 1.5 years I've waited but I also don't want to feel like a profiteering jerk. Plus there's the hassle of buying it and reselling it, insuring it for however long it's in my hands, etc. We definitely don't need another Bronco, especially a 2D. I'm in CO, and there still aren't tons around here, so the demand might support a flip, but with the supply finally increasing that can't last long.

Anybody out there faced a similar dilemma? Thanks and best of luck to everyone still waiting...
I bought my Badlands from the same dealer who had my reservation and order. It was a cancellation from another customer. About a week after I bought the Badlands I got the message from Ford that my 2022 WildTrak was being built. Bought the Badlands in April '22 and the WildTrak was delivered in July of '22. I got my deposit back and they sold that baby before it even hit their lot. Call me lazy but I did not feel like dealing with the bullshit involved with buying it flipping it and so on. BTW there was not ADM from The Ford Store, Morgan Hill, CA.

diorbronco

Raptor
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Market is not what it used to be. I got 18k over sales price on my OBX soft top 2.7 with High package back in September, and I don't think I will get that in my Braptor now.
Sponsored