Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Saw this post too. Absolutely crazy. Does anyone know if the "basic" keyfob without remote start or proximity unlock still constantly emits signal? Or is it only when the lock/unlock button is pressed?

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was keeping mine in a Faraday pouch until someone told us that no signal after 30 sec. or so left idle....

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saw this post too. Absolutely crazy. Does anyone know if the "basic" keyfob without remote start still constantly emits signal? Or is it only when the lock/unlock button is pressed?
If you don't have proximity unlock then I don't think it would emit a signal. I think that they're doing is tricking the car into thinking the remote is nearby by extending the range using that antenna/tool thing.

There is something out there that can apparently copy the signal from when you press the key fob buttons though, but I don't think you'd have to worry about this specific situation happening to you.

Sponsored

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Image being such a loser that you have to steal other peoples shit, freaking low lifes man! :mad:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw this post too. Absolutely crazy. Does anyone know if the "basic" keyfob without remote start still constantly emits signal? Or is it only when the lock/unlock button is pressed?
It's not constantly emitting a signal. It is simply responding to a request from the vehicle.

So, for example, if you have Intelligent Access (the feature that allows you to unlock the door when you touch the door handle), the vehicle will send out an authentication request to a nearby keyfob. If the keyfob responds appropriately, an authentication handshake will occur and the door will unlock.

The device they are using is basically relaying the request from the Bronco and amplifying it so the keyfob in the house picks up the signal. The keyfob then responds appropriately, and their device with its giant high-gain antenna picks it up, and it relays the response back to the Bronco so the Bronco thinks the keyfob is right next to the vehicle where it normally would be.

Same thing to start the Bronco, they're just relaying the keyfob signals so the Bronco thinks the key is literally in the vehicle. They start it up, reset FordPass/Sync, drive it away, program new keys, and ship the vehicle overseas to be sold. Boom...💰

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If someone wants it that bad they can have it. Thats what insurance is for. I leave mine in the driveway wide open with doors and top of for a good 3-4mo out of the year.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Remember when you see the green dot that it's not that I value my stuff over a human life , it is the fact that you value my stuff over your life.

Sponsored

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am assuming they used a Flipper Zero or something similar with unlocked software to emulate the key fob signal. People have been doing this for years now especially with garage door openers

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn ur so tough!
Nope I just have to squeeze a trigger. Tough guy would go outside and beat the thief to death with his own arm.

My garage is also where my shooting bench is setup when I practice on my range 100 yards down the backyard:)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.