Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought my genuine Ford key fob from Best Key Supply last year. The 5-button M3N-A2C931426 part number is what you want for Badlands. This key includes an uncut blade. It's currently $65 from them.
The badlands key with auto remote only has 4 buttons.
Sponsored

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The bottom of the vault is open so you still have access to code keys and start the Bronco if the battery in the fob is dead.
I had no idea...I left in the box...maybe I should open it? :)

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The badlands key with auto remote only has 4 buttons.
You are correct. I went back to my order to see if their description was wrong, and it's not. It says 4-button. I think I fat-fingered my post. I'll fix that before it confuses anyone.

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are correct. I went back to my order to see if their description was wrong, and it's not. It says 4-button. I think I fat-fingered my post. I'll fix that before it confuses anyone.
No matter...I love the idea of making a key. Besides the fact that it's always good to have an extra, it's just kinda cool to do it!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I finally broke down and ordered a fob w/ blank key from Amazon.

However my part number was not one of the normal ones and is 902Mhz not the 300.

M2DT-15K601-CB

Of course I'm still waiting on it so we'll have to see if it actually works.

https://a.co/d/gYAn6P7

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finally broke down and ordered a fob w/ blank key from Amazon.

However my part number was not one of the normal ones and is 902Mhz not the 300.

M2DT-15K601-CB

Of course I'm still waiting on it so we'll have to see if it actually works.

https://a.co/d/gYAn6P7
I know from our Escape that Ford doesn’t always use the same key for the same vehicle, even in the same model year. If you don’t have remote start or some other feature, it could very well be that key will be what you need. I’m not sure if the frequency of the key I got, but I posted the part number previously. I have the Badlands Lux package, and it worked for me.

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Instructions

Had trouble with the programming instructions in your Reddit link, but this version worked well on the first time for me. The only difference is the final step.

How to Program a 2022 Ford Bronco Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key

Step by Step How to Program Instructions:

Use this procedure to add a key to the system:

You must have two previously programmed remote controls inside your vehicle and the new, unprogrammed remote controls readily accessible. . Make sure that your vehicle is off before beginning this procedure.

Make sure that you close all the doors before beginning and that they remain closed throughout the procedure. Perform all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence. Stop and wait for at least one minute before starting again if you perform any steps out of sequence.

Note: You can program a maximum of four remote controls to your vehicle.

1. Place the first programmed remote in the backup slot inside the center console. With your foot off the brake pedal, press and release the push button ignition switch.
  2. Wait five seconds and then press and release the push button ignition switch again.
  3. Remove the remote control.
  4. Within 10 seconds, place a second programmed remote control in the backup slot. Press and release the push button ignition switch.
  5. Wait five seconds and then press and release the push button ignition switch again. Keep the ignition on for at least 3 seconds, but no more than 10 seconds.
  6. Remove the remote control.
  7. Place the unprogrammed remote control in the backup slot and press and release the push button ignition switch.
Programming is now complete. With your foot on the brake pedal, press the push button ignition switch to verify the remote control functions operate and your vehicle starts with the new remote control.

If programming was not successful, wait 10 seconds and repeat Steps 1 through 7.
Quick clarification...with number 5, you mention 3-10 seconds. 5 seconds is ideal but there is a short window? Also, the only time the foot is on the brake pedal is after 7 when you actually start the vehicle? With all 3 remotes in the vehicle, won't it start if the programming is good on the third one or not?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know from our Escape that Ford doesn’t always use the same key for the same vehicle, even in the same model year. If you don’t have remote start or some other feature, it could very well be that key will be what you need. I’m not sure if the frequency of the key I got, but I posted the part number previously. I have the Badlands Lux package, and it worked for me.
Yeah I have a WT with the High package (yes I have remote start) But sounds like they did change frequencies for different date ranges... I dunno, I am just going off the sticker that is on the back of the remote.

It should get here today so I'll be finding out soon enough :)

JojoReady

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here’s an alternative for those who want to add a cut key at a reasonable cost. I originally went with the keyless2go blank from Amazon recommended by OP, but I couldn’t find anyone to cut it. The hardware stores did not have the right equipment for the newer keys and the locksmith/dealers insisted on only using blanks purchased through them. I ordered another blank on eBay for $10 and sent the seller a picture of my existing cut key. They were able to cut it before they shipped it to me. It arrived today and works just fine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235289962390

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Finally got around to doing this. Now I need to get one for the Ranger.

I turned all my chimes off with Forscan - so, it took a couple of times to get the timing right.

Sponsored

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My total cost came out to $145. My badlands keyfob has the remote start button and an oem one cost me $80. $65 to have the blade cut.

Joemama

Outer Banks
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did the procedure and the fob works except for the remote start feature. i went back and did it again and it says max amount of keys programmed. what am i doing wrong?

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I did the procedure and the fob works except for the remote start feature. i went back and did it again and it says max amount of keys programmed. what am i doing wrong?
You can have a maximum of four keys programmed to your Bronco.

Also, double check the remote start function. I thought my fobs were not set up properly (including the ones that came with the Bronco) when I could use the Ford app to start it, but the fobs wouldn’t. I found that I have to hit the lock button (even when vehicle is already locked) then immediately follow with the remote start button, and it remote starts.

Joemama

Outer Banks
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can have a maximum of four keys programmed to your Bronco.

Also, double check the remote start function. I thought my fobs were not set up properly (including the ones that came with the Bronco) when I could use the Ford app to start it, but the fobs wouldn’t. I found that I have to hit the lock button (even when vehicle is already locked) then immediately follow with the remote start button, and it remote starts.
i must have programmed my 3rd one twice so now the car thinks i have programmed 4. wonder if I can reprogram the 3rd one that is already programmed?
Sponsored