First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 2022 was shipped from the factory with the keypad attached. I believe the standard you mention was adopted more recently.
Yeah, my 23 arrived on 7/14/23 with it in place from factory…
Sponsored

DVO50

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 Diesel, GMC 1500 3.0 Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is why I said I shouldn't argue with @Ducati1098. My dealership has good techs and did solve my key pad issue (even though some miss information might have been povided), but I would have to agree that Ducati has much more Bronco specific knowledge.

sknyfats

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco 2 Door & Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m currently working with my dealer on getting the keypad for a new-to-me ‘23 Black Diamond master code. The 7/8 & 9/0 keys DO lock the vehicle - so the device is paired/programmed to the vehicle, we just don’t know the master or any personal codes from the previous owner.
They changed the battery and were ready to just order a new keypad, but I provided them with this troubleshooting document - so hopefully they can follow the steps to get the flashing light code (step C2) and then get the master code from fmcdealer.com. Though I wish they could reset the mater code to something new as there is a chance the previous owner has it - but I’m ok accepting that risk ultimately.

Sponsored

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If 4 techs at a Ford dealer can not figure out how to install a Ford accessory, find another dealer.
Instruction are easily found online on how to program a keyless pad. You should be able to do it yourself if you have both factory keyfobs.
Edit to add...
I found some info on other posts/places that Ford removed the ability to DIY install these for the 2019 and newer vehicles. It seems it now REQUIRES IDS or FRDS. If the dealer is going to charge shop rates to "figure it out", it's probably cheaper to just buy a new one and have them install that, Ford probably should have a pretty minimal install time for flat rate on it. The plastic cover that is painted to match the body can be swapped to the new one.
Apologies for inaccurate information. My opinion still stands about finding a different dealer though, that's pretty ridiculous.
So, you can get different color plastic covers? The keypad is not an option for 24 so i have to buy a generic gray one...

Also, can the keyless pad be programmed by the owner? I'll have both keys and the master code card upon delivery.

Porque No

Raptor
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Hummer, 2001 Viper, 2011 CTS-V, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

When I was working on fuses, I noticed there was a master door code sticker on the cover of the driver fuse box (inside). Maybe you got lucky and someone put it there.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, you can get different color plastic covers? The keypad is not an option for 24 so i have to buy a generic gray one...

Also, can the keyless pad be programmed by the owner? I'll have both keys and the master code card upon delivery.
I hope so because we’ve programmed all our keypads over the years to the same number. I don’t need one more number to remember lol.

sknyfats

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

No, you cannot pair the keypad with the vehicle (unless you have access to Ford systems and a special device for programming. And no, it’s not the same as Forscan or devices that can be used with it). It’ll have to be done at a dealer. You may have a $25 option at purchase to have the dealer install it for no additional charge. Otherwise most will charge at least 1/2 hour labor.
If you purchased a vehicle and it shows the wireless keypad included in the sale on the vehicle sticker, then they should not charge you to find the code.

Last edited:

sknyfats

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I was working on fuses, I noticed there was a master door code sticker on the cover of the driver fuse box (inside). Maybe you got lucky and someone put it there.
The code on the card by the fuse panel / bcm is NOT the code used for a wireless keypad. A separate card would be included with the owners manual - or, not at all as some have found - and will need to be pulled by the dealer from a ford dealer website.

Sponsored

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No, you cannot pair the keypad with the vehicle (unless you have access to Ford systems and a special device for programming. And no, it’s not the same as Forscan or devices that can be used with it). It’ll have to be done at a dealer. You may have a $25 option at purchase to have the dealer install it for no additional charge. Otherwise most will charge at least 1/2 hour labor.
thank you. thats what i was guessing.

JodyT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since it is a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle the dealer was required to do a full inspection of things like the keyless entry, etc. Since it isn't working then the dealer needs to provide you with a new one that does.

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought one from Ford accessories website 2 years ago thinking I could install it myself. After I received it, I found out I could not do it myself. I've gone to 4 dealerships in my area and all of them want $180 to pair it using FDRS. I didn't do it because of the principle of the matter. So now it's been sitting in my tool box for 2 years. If anyone can get a dealership around you to pair it to your vehicle for a fair price, I'll sell it and ship it to you for $50 including shipping. I do have the wallet card needed to pair it.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought one from Ford accessories website 2 years ago thinking I could install it myself. After I received it, I found out I could not do it myself. I've gone to 4 dealerships in my area and all of them want $180 to pair it using FDRS. I didn't do it because of the principle of the matter. So now it's been sitting in my tool box for 2 years. If anyone can get a dealership around you to pair it to your vehicle for a fair price, I'll sell it and ship it to you for $50 including shipping. I do have the wallet card needed to pair it.
I saw the keypad offered by Ford aftermarket, with additional $25 for install. (Which for me means code activation, as I will stick the keypad inside the fuel filler compartment myself.)

I haven't bought yet because I'm skeptical my local dealerships will agree to code it for that price, and I don't need the aggravation of running around trying to find one who will.
Sponsored