First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wondering if anyone has experience with this sub. What are your thoughts?
Sponsored

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Works great

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Had the 10” version of this in a previous Bronco, it was more than enough and pretty clean bass for the price

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

CUZICAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I didn't buy their pre-made box because it is only offered in a dual 4ohm woofer and to get full power out of the kicker key 500.1 you need a dual 2 ohm woofer to get to a 1 ohm load. I did use the CompRT and passive radiator in a custom rear facing box. Now depending on your sub amp, the pre-made box may be perfect for you, but the RMS for that sub is 500w and the key 500.1 only puts out 300w at 2ohm. I did build my box to kickers specs on their box, it sounds great and is more than enough to match the kicker 200.4 on my highs and mids.

Sponsored

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is the passive radiator to act like another subwoofer? I haven't heard of those until recently...

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had this in my Wildtrack with the Kicker Key 500.1 and will be doing the same with my BRaptor unless a good JL Stealthbox comes out(supposedly Jan). Sounded great but sounded waayyyy better after I installed Dynomat under the floor.

Maxlider Bros has a kit to make this simple - https://shop.maxliderbros.com/colle...cts/dynamat-2021-ford-bronco-4-door-cargo-kit
How long was the Dynamat process. Disassembling a brand new vehicle makes me feel squirly, but this seems like an inexpensive mod that could make a big difference.

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m running this exact setup with the 500.1 and it works really well and sounds great (for what it is) and, I would do the exact setup again.

Ford Bronco Kicker 12" CompRT downfire sub w/passive radiator F188FFF0-FB68-4317-8864-13E0FDFD9A8F

This picture is before hooking up the 500.1 but it basically comes right off the LC2i and im using the plugnplay harness. My mains are running off the 200.4 key (not pictured behind/above the glove box)
Ford Bronco Kicker 12" CompRT downfire sub w/passive radiator 0E6020A2-B2D3-4D44-8346-D07C6F1C5888

i also did a “faux seat delete” platform in my 2dr and this box works great for that purpose.

Ford Bronco Kicker 12" CompRT downfire sub w/passive radiator BCDFCE7E-FAC3-48AF-941B-BDE1DD0DE290

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How long was the Dynamat process. Disassembling a brand new vehicle makes me feel squirly, but this seems like an inexpensive mod that could make a big difference.
it was literally 4 bolts and 1 trim piece to remove and the dynomat is pre-cut and peel and stick. You can do just the floor if you like so you don’t have to remove the side panels

Indica

Heritage
First Name
Alek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I have it. Thing bangs for sure, running it off a kicker 500 amp. Speakers off the 200.4. Might have to do the dynamat soon. I don’t have much rattling going on but interested to see how it can improve.
Ford Bronco Kicker 12" CompRT downfire sub w/passive radiator A4A24EE6-903E-4B26-BF7E-DAE4174DD3A0

Sponsored
OP
OP
ejaffe

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Will the Matt only stop potential rattling or does it improve sound?

Umichigan1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is the passive radiator to act like another subwoofer? I haven't heard of those until recently...
Using a passive subwoofer allows you to use air pressure behind the cone to create added reinforcement. It's similar to using a bass port in a subwoofer enclosure but a little bit better. A passive radiator is nearly identical in structure to a standard speaker but without the voice coil structure or wiring. It will provide much more broad and versatile bass compared to using a single speaker enclosure.

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Using a passive subwoofer allows you to use air pressure behind the cone to create added reinforcement. It's similar to using a bass port in a subwoofer enclosure but a little bit better. A passive radiator is nearly identical in structure to a standard speaker but without the voice coil structure or wiring. It will provide much more broad and versatile bass compared to using a single speaker enclosure.
I'm thinking to do that with Audiomobile as they have an enclosure with a normal shallow sub plus passive radiator

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m running this exact setup with the 500.1 and it works really well and sounds great (for what it is) and, I would do the exact setup again.

Ford Bronco Kicker 12" CompRT downfire sub w/passive radiator A4A24EE6-903E-4B26-BF7E-DAE4174DD3A0

This picture is before hooking up the 500.1 but it basically comes right off the LC2i and im using the plugnplay harness. My mains are running off the 200.4 key (not pictured behind/above the glove box)

i also did a “faux seat delete” platform in my 2dr and this box works great for that purpose.

Do you have a picture with the seats down and the enclosure without a cover? This seems like an awesome way to get the trunk level with the seats folded down in a 2-door.

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How would you compare a sub plus passive radiator setup to two identical subwoofers?
Sponsored