First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At this time, the amp is on national back order due to Kicker not being able to get the parts to make these amps right now . the amp will be out of stock for 3-4 months . We offer other amps with plug & play harness . We also offer other amplifiers with built-in DSP’s and a variety of different options. The kicker key is a great little amplifier it’s still only a 50 W x 4 amplifier which is only 25 watts per front speaker per side . and for those that are upgrading to aftermarket speakers especially kicker ks series you really should be using an amplifier with a lot more power around 100-120 watts to really make a difference, especially when adding a sub or for good quality sound with the top off . If you need any help, it’s always best to call me directly and I can set you up with the proper kit
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the update!! I've gotten this question a lot on YouTube since I started posting videos. Now I got a direction I can point people to.

I can vouch for the AudioControl ACM-4.300 as really good alternative. It is a solid unit, and more powerful than the Kicker Key 200.4, and @plugnplaykits has a Kit for it! It is also similar in size to the Kicker Key 200.4, and therefore should be able to be mounted in the same locations as the Kicker Key. The only downside is it doesn't have a built-in DSP, but with the Forscan tweaks you can definitely go without the DSP function.

I also noticed you started selling kits with Musway amps. I have never even heard of Musway before, but I'm definitely interested in looking into those. If anyone has any experience with them let me know. The Musway M4+ is physically larger than both the Key 200.4 and the ACM-4.300, and therefore you won't be able to mount it under the steering wheel like I did with my Kicker, but the DSP functions seem to be a LOT more powerful and customizable.

OP
OP
plugnplaykits

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the update!! I've gotten this question a lot on YouTube since I started posting videos. Now I got a direction I can point people to.

I can vouch for the AudioControl ACM-4.300 as really good alternative. It is a solid unit, and more powerful than the Kicker Key 200.4, and @plugnplaykits has a Kit for it! It is also similar in size to the Kicker Key 200.4, and therefore should be able to be mounted in the same locations as the Kicker Key. The only downside is it doesn't have a built-in DSP, but with the Forscan tweaks you can definitely go without the DSP function.

I also noticed you started selling kits with Musway amps. I have never even heard of Musway before, but I'm definitely interested in looking into those. If anyone has any experience with them let me know. The Musway M4+ is physically larger than both the Key 200.4 and the ACM-4.300, and therefore you won't be able to mount it under the steering wheel like I did with my Kicker, but the DSP functions seem to be a LOT more powerful and customizable.
Please call me 203-889-1843

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was just looking into this, I would prefer a DSP solution but I could do Forscan if someone came up with a baseliine to start with.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you won't be able to mount it under the steering wheel like I did with my Kicker
For those considering a different dsp amp, there’s a lot of room in the center console, especially below the arm rest storage that fit slightly larger amps. I’m adding an infinity dsp4425 and was thinking about putting it there. Also considered under driver seat, but ultimately think I’m going to mount it with my sub amp in the factory sub location
Ford Bronco KICKER KEY 200.4 UPDATE IMG_2164

Sponsored

QuesoBob

Black Diamond
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Black Diamond, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really liked the out of the way and safe mounting inside the dash for the Kicker Key. I'm not much of a fan of the under seat mounts so I'm eagerly awaiting to see what mounting solutions people come up with for the new kits.

I went to purchase the Key combo and of course it's on backorder 😂

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well - I guess that takes the worry out of upgrading B&O anytime soon - got enough accessories to keep me busy when my rig finally gets shipped. I'll worry about stereo upgrades in the winter - lol.

BroncMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you guys at PNP, your harness for the Kicker 200.4 is awesome, great work!

I think I got one of the last 200.4 amps before they went into hibernation, and for my 2022 with stock speakers, the power boost and DSP tuning was exactly what I wanted.

I have the amp gain controls dialed really low to ensure zero clipping all the way to the top. Plenty loud and far more clear. What a great inexpensive solution. But the PNP harness takes all of the pain out of installation, as others have noted.

I watch with much admiration the audio work others are doing, including on the B&O. I'm normally a loud-and-clear audiophile, so bring it on. But I have a simpler-is-better mindset on this particular BaseQuatch, and this solution is it. No one should hesitate doing at least this.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well - I guess that takes the worry out of upgrading B&O anytime soon - got enough accessories to keep me busy when my rig finally gets shipped. I'll worry about stereo upgrades in the winter - lol.
200.4 is a 4-channel amp, and the B&O a 7-channel system (8 if you include the sub).

So unless you are only looking to upgrade half of your sound system you’d want a different solution anyway.

STEED77

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
PnP hooked me with a 5 channel DSP a little while ago... Audio Control D-5.1300. One amp to mount in the back and enough to push the tailgate stinger sub very well. Game changer!

Sponsored
OP
OP
plugnplaykits

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
PnP hooked me with a 5 channel DSP a little while ago... Audio Control D-5.1300. One amp to mount in the back and enough to push the tailgate stinger sub very well. Game changer!
The kicker key is a good little amplifier, but it’s not the end all be all amplifier for you guys with the bronco . In reality, you guys should be using an amplifier with double the power of the kicker key to really make a difference especially when taking the top off or adding bass that amplifier is still too small . there are other amplifiers that I offer that are great for the bronco like musway and audiocontrol amplifier that’s really high-end quality and have the power required for anybody that’s changing to aftermarket speakers the Kiicker KS series are great speakers, and the go to for these broncos, but the kicker key is under powering the speakers by half of what they are required to have so you’re spending the money to put a good speakers in and give them half the power that they should be getting to do the system properly you should be using my muse way or audio control amplifiers providing 100 to 120 W of channel to properly feed the Kiicker KS or most aftermarket quality speakers

QuesoBob

Black Diamond
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Black Diamond, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The kicker key is a good little amplifier, but it’s not the end all be all amplifier for you guys with the bronco . In reality, you guys should be using an amplifier with double the power of the kicker key to really make a difference especially when taking the top off or adding bass that amplifier is still too small . there are other amplifiers that I offer that are great for the bronco like musway and audiocontrol amplifier that’s really high-end quality and have the power required for anybody that’s changing to aftermarket speakers the Kiicker KS series are great speakers, and the go to for these broncos, but the kicker key is under powering the speakers by half of what they are required to have so you’re spending the money to put a good speakers in and give them half the power that they should be getting to do the system properly you should be using my muse way or audio control amplifiers providing 100 to 120 W of channel to properly feed the Kiicker KS or most aftermarket quality speakers

Do you have anyone working on an install video or writeup of any of these solutions yet? I really want audio to be my next project in mine I still just wish there was another plug and play option that tucked away cleanly inside the dash.

OP
OP
plugnplaykits

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do you have anyone working on an install video or writeup of any of these solutions yet? I really want audio to be my next project in mine I still just wish there was another plug and play option that tucked away cleanly inside the dash.
Yes, there are many members who have purchased Musway and Audiocontrol amplifiers . we are working on some product videos and hopefully soon going to offer a pre-tuned musway DSP option already optimize for Kicker KS speakers with the Musway 4 channel DSP and 6 channel dsp sub delete option for the bronco
Sponsored