Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
  • Banned
Went pretty smoothly.
1. Watch the video by 67BroncoG1 posted in this forum. Note how he ran the plug end from the center console to the glove box. Also note that he unplugged BOTH connectors initially. I didn’t catch that until i got to that point in the install.
2. Some sharp edges under the dash so be prepared for some “skint” knuckles.
3. I removed the glove box and set it in the back seat so I could have room to mount the key.
4. The plastic panels in the bronco are ridiculously cheap and embarrassingly flimsy. The glove box mounting is very cheap.
5. I used the Mountains2metal bracket and it took a hot minute to figure out how it needed to be mounted but it worked great.
6. The auto setup took longer than expected. It seemed like it ended but then it started back again. Just be patient and listen for the happy tones. I used the usb connection.
7. Sound quality was really good but I could crank up the radio volume to 30 with no distortion. Based on comments here, I thought the output would be louder. I did not adjust the gains. I have jl audio c2 in the kick panels and jbl speakers in the dash/rear…
Hope this helps…
Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

agree with everything and here are my 2 things:

1. glove box was too much of a pia to run the wires over to. i do like the location, but also wonder about access later, heat, and room/chance of damaging other wiring. column is super easy to access later and i can just cut zips (instead of removing from bracket). only downside is moving the wheel down but i would never have a reason to do that personally.

2. something is off with the setup. on 18 it hurts my ears, and i can't exceed low twenties without risking permanent hearing loss.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

1. glove box was too much of a pia to run the wires over to. i do like the location, but also wonder about access later, heat, and room/chance of damaging other wiring. column is super easy to access later and i can just cut zips (instead of removing from bracket). only downside is moving the wheel down but i would never have a reason to do that personally.

2. something is off with the setup. on 18 it hurts my ears, and i can't exceed low twenties without risking permanent hearing loss.
Are you running power off the stereo for the amp or did you purchase the wiring for the plug and play to have it wired to the Bronco battery? I have heard that the battery is needed because it might cut out by just running power off the stereo.

OP
OP
Gobraphil

Gobraphil

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
  • Banned
I’m using the plug and play harness.
I’m going to try the gain matching process as shown in this video starting at 9:00

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I also have the plug and play harness and cannot turn the stereo above 20 without it hurting my ears.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you running power off the stereo for the amp or did you purchase the wiring for the plug and play to have it wired to the Bronco battery? I have heard that the battery is needed because it might cut out by just running power off the stereo.
PNP to integrate with the stock head unit. Note they have kits for just the Key and numerous sub options.

Added Kicker Key 200.4 to power 4 and 6.5s (also swapped those out)

Put an HS10 in and did run direct power.

Sounds better than high end stock system, limited wiring, and that's great considering I'm working with six speakers and added a sub..

edit: did kit 11-6, it included all wiring for the hs8/10 and key.

Last edited:

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same here, above 20 and its too loud. Stock speakers and key amp

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mines not loud enough and at 18 it cuts out. Power wire is ran from the battery and all my gains are lowest they can go. Not sure what’s going on with it

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Heck above 14 is pushing it for mine to be too loud even on the freeway. 7 around town and maybe 12 ish on the freeway is good. 20 is really jamming! I re ran the setup with the mic on the center armrest and to my ears it sounds better. I have a soft top if that matters.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also made no gain adjustments. I couldn't quite follow their recommendations tho. I do need to dismount the amp from inside the glove box and hit that little button to stop the popping sounds.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gobraphil

Gobraphil

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

After a little tinkering, I have no sound on the drivers side. I guess I need to call plug and play…

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After a little tinkering, I have no sound on the drivers side. I guess I need to call plug and play…
try disconnecting and reseating the pnp. make sure you tested each side and f/r. i tested each speaker when replacing and installing.

if everything is tight 100%, probably something off with the kit. they are awesome but slow customer service, i'm sure it will get corrected if that's it. if your ears don't start burning around 20 after a few minutes something is off.

OP
OP
Gobraphil

Gobraphil

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
try disconnecting and reseating the pnp. make sure you tested each side and f/r. i tested each speaker when replacing and installing.

if everything is tight 100%, probably something off with the kit. they are awesome but slow customer service, i'm sure it will get corrected if that's it. if your ears don't start burning around 20 after a few minutes something is off.
I reset the connection and the drivers side sound came back. It really didn’t feel loose but hopefully it will stay seated. Max jamming level for me is about 24 now…
Sponsored