Reaction score
Website
demon4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lifetime member of BRC since 2000, and Tread Lightly member on and off since then, as well.
Sponsored

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think you have it backwards. The respect part is primary, and that’s clearly not being demonstrated. Figure out how to police the bad actors, and then make a case for regaining access.

100% this! ^

To many dickheads out there carving thier initials in trees/rocks, driving over protected areas, running down Joshua trees, killing wild animals, knocking over rock formations, leaving trash everywhere... those are the people ruining it for everyone. Let me put it this way... if I invite a group of people into my house and one of them shits everywhere, that group ain't coming back, fair or not.

Not that I'm advocating violence, per se, but figure out how to get a good beat down to the small percentage mistreating the land and the land use argument becomes easier to make.

Maybe I'm just becoming an old crotchety fuck, but I feel like I see more and more self-centered, narcissistic assholes with no integrity these days.

I hope I don't fall and break a hip getting down of this soapbox...

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
100% this! ^

To many dickheads out there carving thier initials in trees/rocks, driving over protected areas, running down Joshua trees, killing wild animals, knocking over rock formations, leaving trash everywhere... those are the people ruining it for everyone. Let me put it this way... if I invite a group of people into my house and one of them shits everywhere, that group ain't coming back, fair or not.

Not that I'm advocating violence, per se, but figure out how to get a good beat down to the small percentage mistreating the land and the land use argument becomes easier to make.

Maybe I'm just becoming an old crotchety fuck, but I feel like I see more and more self-centered, narcissistic assholes with no integrity these days.

I hope I don't fall and break a hip getting down of this soapbox...
The problems associated with the failure to get Bronco Safari renewed in Moab for 2024 underscores your point. Misbehavior by some participants was the deathnell and was completely preventable. The worst part is it reflected directly on the bronco brand and bronco owners. Political activisim is a good start for protection of trail access. But without proactive, significant positive conduct-and things like trail clean ups, etc., this will be a losing proposition. I for one have no patience for those that by virtue of their immaturity and selfishness would destroy our image as good stewards of precious driving opportunities.

OP
OP
Valhalla

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do however think advocating with government entities who have been trying to restrict and end any public access to publicand is worth noting. Bad actors on both sides... let the fair minded voice there views too I say...
Sponsored