Sponsored

Tread Lightly - Four Wheel Drive Way. Pinstripes!

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We camped in Ocala National Forest the last few days. While there we did the Tread Lightly - Four Wheel Drive Way trail. It's 81 miles and takes a good part of the day to finish.

If you have a nice new Bronco that you don't want to scratch up then forget about this trail right now. Like nails on a chalkboard, the sound of branches running down the sides of your vehicle fills much of the day. If you don't mind some pinstripes though it's a really fun trail. It was much more interesting than I expected to find in Florida. We were lucky that it had been raining and we had a lot of mud puddles to play around in.

The trail has a couple main types of terrain. First, you have the tight parts through the trees. There are occasional logs to climb and mud puddles to splash through. Second, there are red dirt roads. These can be fun when the sand/dirt gets deep. Third, there are sandy areas. These can be in the trees or on the roads.

If you do this trail make certain you have doors on! You will likely end up a bit bloody if you don't.

I put together a short video from phone clips (nothing fancy) to give you a feel for this trail. As you will see in the vid, you will get pinstripes. If you don't mind then this is a surprisingly fun trail for Florida. Especially after a rain.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
the Jeep could then follow and get zero pin stripes after the wide body parts the way.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
..... It's 81 miles and takes a good part of the day to finish.....
Whaaaat? 81 miles in a day? Wholly bejezers, I’m use to 5 miles taking 4 hours to get thru when off roading.

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My understanding is that this trail was just mapped this summer. Some jeep folks have been working on trimming it since then. As time goes on and it gets used more it will probably get better but yes, stay away if you are worried about your paint. Pretty much any narrow forest trails in FL will be bad.

Some other videos:

Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Eeeee. ? I don’t mind a few pinstripes....but if I wanted a car wash I would go into town. Lol.

trying not to be the b!tch in the room, but ....
Ford Bronco Tread Lightly - Four Wheel Drive Way. Pinstripes! 1605138839368

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whaaaat? 81 miles in a day? Wholly bejezers, I’m use to 5 miles taking 4 hours to get thru when off roading.
I love cross country wheeling, gives more of the feeling of getting from point A to point B. I’ve got a couple 70+ mile trips mapped and one that’s almost 100 miles.

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My understanding is that this trail was just mapped this summer. Some jeep folks have been working on trimming it since then. As time goes on and it gets used more it will probably get better but yes, stay away if you are worried about your paint. Pretty much any narrow forest trails in FL will be bad.

Some other videos:

It's gonna take a lot of work. It's a great trail though. I kind of like it how it is now actually. I'm not so worried about my five year old Jeep at this point.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I love cross country wheeling, gives more of the feeling of getting from point A to point B. I’ve got a couple 70+ mile trips mapped and one that’s almost 100 miles.
I hear ya. That type of running is what the Bronco Will be very well suited for.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Limb-risers will help a little. Not the sides, though.

But that is definitely home...
Sponsored