First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, not happy about this one. The latest OTA update 3.5.3 has deleted all of my saved map locations.

I had some special hunting and fishing places that are way off of paved roads and are really challenging to navigate in the dark stored in my saved locations, and I am really unhappy that those are now lost.

How the heck can Ford push out an update that basically wipes out all history in the navigation app?

Has anyone else noticed this? This is totally ridiculous!
Sponsored

Last edited:

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Me too, but my loss wasnā€™t as painful as yours. When Apple pushes out an iOS update, we donā€™t lose our contacts. This is such a little thing, it should be easy. Right? Iā€™m at the point with Ford and itā€™s dealers where I just shake my head and tell myself ā€œit is what it isā€. And Iā€™m one of the lucky who walked into a dealer on Black Friday 2021 ordered and drove home in a loaded badsquatch 8.5 months later.

Most likely my first and last Ford.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess the lack of replies means either:

1) no one is using Ford's navigation product (using Apple Maps/Waze instead)
2) or they are using it, but no one is saving locations in Ford's navigation product

Which may also mean most Bronco owners aren't going places where there is no cellular service (mall crawlers). I really like the Ford nav app because it is not dependent on cellular coverage and works in the boonies.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With the 3.4.5 update, I lost all recent trips on the onboard navigation. The only thing I didnā€™t lose was my home entry.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Reading this board tells me that Ford updates can be very dangerous. So personally I turned off my updates and really don't have much of intention to use them unless something is "broke".

I looked at my nav, and my version number is nowhere near 3.5 But it was up to date just a month ago when I picked up the Bronco. Did they really go from version 1 to 3.5 in 6 weeks?

Ford Bronco Latest Ford Sync update deleted all of my saved map locations 20230118_120916

Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I personally donā€™t use Fordā€™s Navigation; sorry you lost your saved locations, thatā€™s very aggravating šŸ¤¬

I have a custom Google map that I store my campsites, possible campsites, cool locations Iā€™ve visited, and possible cool sights/locations to see - I save my locations to this map and download maps as well

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Could be worse. My wifeā€™s Cherokee Trailhawk deletes all the radio preset channels every time she gets an OTA update.

Which causes her vehicle to make this horrible sounding whine noise that emanates from her seat any time I ride in it with her. The whine doesnā€™t stop until I finally reset all her stations for her. ;)

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess the lack of replies means either:

1) no one is using Ford's navigation product (using Apple Maps/Waze instead)
2) or they are using it, but no one is saving locations in Ford's navigation product

Which may also mean most Bronco owners aren't going places where there is no cellular service (mall crawlers). I really like the Ford nav app because it is not dependent on cellular coverage and works in the boonies.
Or they use Gaia for planning, navigating, and annotating trips to all the off-grid malls.

https://www.gaiagps.com/

I can't believe any one would trust Ford over other companies who focus on providing off-grid route planning services.
Or pick any service that doesn't let you export all your work so you can have a local copy and the chance to migrate the data to a new/different service; or share your work between multiple vehicles or friends.

Which means most Bronco owners going off grid aren't relying on the Ford Sync Nav app.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the 3.4.5 update, I lost all recent trips on the onboard navigation. The only thing I didnā€™t lose was my home entry.
I lost all saved navs, including home and work.

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Weā€™re still having a ton of problems with ours. Is it possible, with FDRS, to wipe the module completely and reinstall the software?

Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I started with onX several years ago for all hunting stuff. I use waze while on the road.
Over 10,000 miles on the Bronco and I haven't used the ford nav a single time.
The built in stuff isn't as useful to me as the apps I use.
I like being able to get into any vehicle and have all of the nav stuff in my phone and ready to use

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I started with onX several years ago for all hunting stuff. I use waze while on the road.
Over 10,000 miles on the Bronco and I haven't used the ford nav a single time.
The built in stuff isn't as useful to me as the apps I use.
I like being able to get into any vehicle and have all of the nav stuff in my phone and ready to use
Cellular-based nav apps like Waze don't help you when you don't have cellular coverage (correct me if I am wrong please).

I wanted something that worked when in the boonies and was happy using the Ford app vs. buying a standalone GPS device. I've been happy with it, but not if F-ing Ford keeps wiping out all my nav data...

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cellular-based nav apps like Waze don't help you when you don't have cellular coverage (correct me if I am wrong please).

I wanted something that worked when in the boonies and was happy using the Ford app vs. buying a standalone GPS device. I've been happy with it, but not if F-ing Ford keeps wiping out all my nav data...
Waze for around town or traveling. OnX you can download maps for offline use. Works very well

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

CarPlay uses the built in GPS on the vehicle when connected. So something like TomTom, which supports offline maps, would still work. Not sure what Waze does.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
CarPlay uses the built in GPS on the vehicle when connected. So something like TomTom, which supports offline maps, would still work. Not sure what Waze does.
CarPlay uses your cell phone and the nav doesn't work when you don't have cellular service (it will complete your current trip somehow, but you can't use it to navigate to another location when you don't have cell service) which is where the Ford nav app is useful, but not Ford deletes all your saved locations and you can't just "add it back in" because it isn't a street address.
Sponsored