Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First of all Ford, can we please get full screen CarPlay? Second, can you at least not make it worse? After getting the latest Power-Up 2.3.1 I noticed that CarPlay is now surrounded by an ugly black box. Also, one time after starting up the Bronco logo load screen was peering through the CarPlay window while all of the other windows were on top blocking the rest of the load screen. Have to assume it was the update as Iā€™ve never seen this before.

D58EFBAA-6920-4CD3-94F3-51EA635925D0.jpeg
Do these updates download "automagically" or do you have go and request them? Color me clueless!
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do these updates download "automagically" or do you have go and request them? Color me clueless!
It can be either. I'm not sure what the default is.

I want automatic updates on, here are my reasons:

1) Convenience, I don't want to have to sit in my car and watch this process, ever.
2) Security fixes - Yeah, I work in IT Infrastructure and security for a living. If I'm gonna allow this thing to be "connected" you bet your ass I want it auto-patched from security vulnerabilities. That being said its a shame they don't have a way to only install security updates and not new feature updates

I think one thing that hampers the speed of rollouts is that the software is shared amongst many platforms, so you run into a least common denominator issue where development of features for one vehicle holds up rollout of features for another. I can only imagine the clusterfuck of software development practices at a company like Ford and all their technical baggage throughout the years. Their testing processes have to be insanely complicated. I always laugh when I see someone on here use the words "why can't they just simply". Why can't you just simply remove a load bearing wall in a house? YOU KNOW WHY.

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™m on 2.3.2. Does ā€œok fordā€ work for anyone??
Well, it responded to "Ok Ford," but when I tested it using the actual phrase suggested in the update notice ("Show me how cruise control works"), it responded, "Sorry, I can't do that right now." So... no.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken