First Name
Shelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered a two door hard top that I received the end of January and with less the 500 miles the roof is already leaking. Is this common or just something with mine.
Sponsored

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is yours leaking somewhere in the front? The header or A post? There are several reports, mine included, that leak but there is a TSB for it. Definitely shouldn't leak so bring it in.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You may want to re-seat the removable panel. My MIC top was leaking quite a bit after some heavy rain last summer. I cleaned and dressed the seals with silicone based cleaner (for mountain bikes) and re-seated the panels and have not had the problem since. Occasionally I clean the seals when the panels are off occasionally as well.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I ordered a two door hard top that I received the end of January and with less the 500 miles the roof is already leaking. Is this common or just something with mine.
Good morning! Send us a private message with your Bronco’s VIN and the name and location of your preferred Ford dealer. I’ll check into this leaking roof concern on my end. Thank you!

Sponsored

Slimpickens

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You may want to re-seat the removable panel. My MIC top was leaking quite a bit after some heavy rain last summer. I cleaned and dressed the seals with silicone based cleaner (for mountain bikes) and re-seated the panels and have not had the problem since. Occasionally I clean the seals when the panels are off occasionally as well.
What exactly did you use, brand/product name?

OP
OP
Shelli

Shelli

Black Diamond
First Name
Shelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is yours leaking somewhere in the front? The header or A post? There are several reports, mine included, that leak but there is a TSB for it. Definitely shouldn't leak so bring it in.
I know it’s leaking above the rear view mirror and down into the gear shifter. It seems to be coming in around one of the roof panels. The dealer said they are ordering a new seal for it.

OP
OP
Shelli

Shelli

Black Diamond
First Name
Shelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What exactly did you use, brand/product name?
We will try that, I know it was raining extremely hard the first time I noticed it leaking. The dealer is ordering a new seal they said.

OP
OP
Shelli

Shelli

Black Diamond
First Name
Shelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good morning! Send us a private message with your Bronco’s VIN and the name and location of your preferred Ford dealer. I’ll check into this leaking roof concern on my end. Thank you!
I’ve actually got an appointment at Jim O’Neal Ford in Sellersburg, Indiana. They‘ve got me waiting on a new seal for the roof and hopefully that will fix it.

OP
OP
Shelli

Shelli

Black Diamond
First Name
Shelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored
OP
OP
Shelli

Shelli

Black Diamond
First Name
Shelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It seems to be leaking in right about the rear view mirror because it drips down into my gear shifter.

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It seems to be leaking in right about the rear view mirror because it drips down into my gear shifter.
I had the same issue, but after replacing a cracked windshield. Didn't leak before after two high pressure car washes. Called Safelight to come back and fix it, before I took it to Ford (wanted to rule out the window replacement). They removed the window and looked at the seal and saw a spot on top that "may" not have set right. Long story short, they resealed it and so far no leak after three washes from my usual spot. Hoping pillars are good. 🤞

OP
OP
Shelli

Shelli

Black Diamond
First Name
Shelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had the same issue, but after replacing a cracked windshield. Didn't leak before after two high pressure car washes. Called Safelight to come back and fix it, before I took it to Ford (wanted to rule out the window replacement). They removed the window and looked at the seal and saw a spot on top that "may" not have set right. Long story short, they resealed it and so far no leak after three washes from my usual spot. Hoping pillars are good. 🤞
Good luck, I’m hoping that ford gets the seal in quickly and that fixes it. It’s parked in a garage at home but when I’m at work and it’s going to rain hard I have to rig up trash bag to catch the water. That looks really nice on a brand new vehicle. Lol

jstor

Black Diamond
First Name
AB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 cr-v
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just started getting leaks in mine - was your issue ever solved?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just started getting leaks in mine - was your issue ever solved?
Hello there! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I'd be happy to look into this on my end.
Sponsored