Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So yesterday I went to the goose pit for a hunt and the parking spot is only a couple hundred yards from the pit. Since the pit is surrounded by water I always leave my keys and wallet in the Bronco unlocked.

Yesterday though being a weekday my ford pass programmed vehicle start occurred. ( it’s programmed 11:45 am Monday through Friday so I come out to a warmed up vehicle at lunch). my phone notified me it started and I didn’t think much of it. Until I walked to my Bronco after the hunt. All the doors were locked (with the key inside of it).

I have always been told the Bronco won’t lock with the key inside but in my case this isn’t true.

I was never in danger of being locked out though as my ford pass app has a door unlock and my keypad on the inside of the gas tank flap was able to unlock the Bronco.
I have read numerous times the Bronco won’t lock with the key inside but mine certainly did.
If it didn't you would never be safe from car jackers.
Sponsored

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fob can be locked in if you press the lock spot on the door as well, and wont unlock with any handle. Make sure your phone is not on the holder inside or you have a keypad mounted outside somewhere, not in your center console.
No need to ask how I found that out. :cautious:
Been there as well. On day 2 with it and at a convenience store somewhere In Louisiana on my way back to TN. Not one if my finer moments!

beerbar

Outer Banks
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So u leave ur wallet & keys in ur bronco unlocked & u don't see anything wrong with that.
Do it by me and you wont have a truck for long.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So yesterday I went to the goose pit for a hunt and the parking spot is only a couple hundred yards from the pit. Since the pit is surrounded by water I always leave my keys and wallet in the Bronco unlocked.

Yesterday though being a weekday my ford pass programmed vehicle start occurred. ( it’s programmed 11:45 am Monday through Friday so I come out to a warmed up vehicle at lunch). my phone notified me it started and I didn’t think much of it. Until I walked to my Bronco after the hunt. All the doors were locked (with the key inside of it).

I have always been told the Bronco won’t lock with the key inside but in my case this isn’t true.

I was never in danger of being locked out though as my ford pass app has a door unlock and my keypad on the inside of the gas tank flap was able to unlock the Bronco.
I have read numerous times the Bronco won’t lock with the key inside but mine certainly did.
i lock my doors with keys in all the time and use my ford pass to start ??
Sponsored