Sponsored

Paying Cash/Trading something newer??

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So my last 4 Fords, I paid cash. Now none of them were over 30 grand each, so of course that was easier.
Seems like some trade $40-60 grand cars almost every couple years. Maybe I spend too much on my classics,
but I feel poor compared to those guys (and I thought I was in the top 10-15% income wise, although NJ helps
make it seem like much less) .

So anyone plunking down $50K cash for a new bronc and are you trading something pretty new?
Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Depends on the deal.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have every intention of paying cash, or allowing the dealer to finance me and paying it off in the first couple months if that gets me a better deal.

I won't be trading anything in, ideally I'll be selling the Pajero privately first, then buying the Bronco. Profits from that plus what's in my savings should cover a Bronco unless it somehow ends up costing more than an F150 Raptor.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’d rather not tie up $50k. Even if I could pay cash I wouldn’t.

Cap10Alden

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For me, it's simple economics. If Ford offers attractive financing rates 0%-2%, then I will finance it through Ford because I know I can make more than 2% elsewhere on my money. If finance rates are in the 5%-7% range, I'll put a large chunk down, and pay it off quickly. Never have liked having a car payment.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me, it's simple economics. If Ford offers attractive financing rates 0%-2%, then I will finance it through Ford because I know I can make more than 2% elsewhere on my money. If finance rates are in the 5%-7% range, I'll put a large chunk down, and pay it off quickly. Never have liked having a car payment.
Same. I could buy one with cash but would rather get bargain financing and leave the cash somewhere more profitable.

MT/SFA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F250 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm kind of old fashioned, I would pay cash. I don't like to be beholding to no one. I won't buy until the price drops to 15-20 percent below MSRP.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So my last 4 Fords, I paid cash. Now none of them were over 30 grand each, so of course that was easier.
Seems like some trade $40-60 grand cars almost every couple years. Maybe I spend too much on my classics,
but I feel poor compared to those guys (and I thought I was in the top 10-15% income wise, although NJ helps
make it seem like much less) .

So anyone plunking down $50K cash for a new bronc and are you trading something pretty new?
I won't pay 50k for a Bronco (or any other vehicle). Just not the way I roll. But if offered in the 35k range, I would likely pay cash. I have absolutely zero debt and plan to keep it that way (unless Ford offers some zero/low financing that makes fiscal sense).

And I will only buy a new Bronco if the vehicle attributes are such that it provides desired features and real utility in my life, in a way that is not matched better by some other vehicle. If I buy a hammer - it's to drive nails - not to admire the hammer on a shelf. Hoping Ford delivers a very nice hammer!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First off I always finance trough the local credit union, always do better than any dealer I have ever dealt with. As it looks now I would be looking at the Warthog version and I'm hoping pricing is in the 40-45K. I would be trading my 13 Explorer unless they come at me with some ridiculous low figure I will just sell outright and then buy the Bronco.

Sponsored

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will be selling my pick up to a family memeber and then finance though a credit union with 20% down payment in cash. I am more looking closer to the base model although if what ever model comes with 35s comes in less than 45 I will be getting that

OP
OP

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I guess I'm having hard time seeing this in the $35K range. Our 17 escape SE with only options being cold weather pkg, ruby red paint, and 2.0 eco, stickered for a hair under $31K, IIRC. Be pretty amazing if even the most basic new Bronco was $35K. Do we think there will be ADM on even a stripper out of the gate. I suspect there will be.

Anyway, one option for me is a base with auto as only real option (if it's not std).
Trade Escape and let her drive it until it gets old or she gets tired of it. Then I can tear it
a new one and make some crazy rock crawler out of it (hell, if I'm not TOO old by then).

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've said elsewhere on the forum, I'm not trading off my pickup truck for an SUV. I need a pickup truck. I want an SUV.

The Bronco would be a secondary vehicle for me.

I won't be able to pay cash for a Bronco anytime soon, which means financing. I probably won't have enough of a down payment to even consider financing until the 2022s are out anyway, unless someone wants to give me an absolutely amazeballs deal on a Bronco.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we think there will be ADM on even a stripper out of the gate. I suspect there will be.
Maybe there will be, but we are talking about them wanting to produce 200,000 of these a year. This will not be a limited edition thing.
My opinion, Any mark up will be short lived, UNLESS there are actual limited edition models, like a Raptor version or whatever the hell Warthog is, LOL.

This Bronco rage may upset the normal curve somewhat, but online enthusiast forums are FULL of extremly optimistic people. There will be endless amounts of talk about how they will buy this or that, but I'd bet only 10% or less will actually pony up the cash and buy in the first year, but because we are surrounded by fellow enthusiasts, the percentage is percieved to be much higher.

IMHO, it would be wildly foolish to pay more than MSRP on almost any vehicle simply because they all depreciate so quickly. If there are mark ups, I'll wait them out .... I also keep forgetting that I think I have X-plan, so I believe they are limited on what they can add on.... I believe.
I'll look into it more when that time comes.

As far as the original question, I'll probably sell the car I'm replacing out right because it is a limited edition type thing, so while not a windfall of cash, I shouldn't have any issues selling it to those enthusiasts. That will be the down payment.
Why trade for wholesale price when you can easily sell for nearly dealer retail?
Sponsored