Sponsored

Soft Top mounting holes changed on newer Bronco????

Ryan Feilner

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My WT with hard top was built on 10/17/2022. I bought a second hand soft top that was made 11/8/21. For some reason 2/3 mounting holes on both sides do not line up at all....??? The bottom ones looks like it does, but the top 2 are much wider than the trucks narrow threads....

I'm usually pretty good at these sort of things, but my bronco seems like its only meant for the newer version some were talking about.... I thought only the windows were updated though....?

Is the mounting pattern different on the new Bronco's so I can not use an older soft top??

Thoughts??

Sure hope I didn't waste money on a top I cant use..... Please look at the pics and let me know if anyone has pics of their 2021's/early 2022 to confirm the thread pattern has indeed changed.

Pic 1.jpg

pic 2.jpg

pic 3.jpg

pic 4.jpg

pic 5.jpg
Sponsored

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@5PC24 is correct. You don’t mount directly to the inner wall. Was it a new in box kit? If not, you want those brackets, the trim panel pieces that surround that area when you are done, the two pivot point brackets for the roll bar, the plates for the rear cargo lift to latch into and the plastic window trim panels.

OP
OP

Ryan Feilner

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think you're missing a bracket. Check out https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/soft-top-hard-top-swap-tips-lessons-learned-updated.35246/ You'll also want to read about the other difference in that thread as there are different trim panels in rear cargo area as well as exterior of vehicle.

Specifically this bracket seems to be what you're missing - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ps-lessons-learned-updated.35246/post-1306374
Awesome! Really appreciate it! Was not able to sleep last night!
Sponsored