Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
So yesterday I went to the goose pit for a hunt and the parking spot is only a couple hundred yards from the pit. Since the pit is surrounded by water I always leave my keys and wallet in the Bronco unlocked.

Yesterday though being a weekday my ford pass programmed vehicle start occurred. ( it’s programmed 11:45 am Monday through Friday so I come out to a warmed up vehicle at lunch). my phone notified me it started and I didn’t think much of it. Until I walked to my Bronco after the hunt. All the doors were locked (with the key inside of it).

I have always been told the Bronco won’t lock with the key inside but in my case this isn’t true.

I was never in danger of being locked out though as my ford pass app has a door unlock and my keypad on the inside of the gas tank flap was able to unlock the Bronco.
I have read numerous times the Bronco won’t lock with the key inside but mine certainly did.
Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So yesterday I went to the goose pit for a hunt and the parking spot is only a couple hundred yards from the pit. Since the pit is surrounded by water I always leave my keys and wallet in the Bronco unlocked.

Yesterday though being a weekday my ford pass programmed vehicle start occurred. ( it’s programmed 11:45 am Monday through Friday so I come out to a warmed up vehicle at lunch). my phone notified me it started and I didn’t think much of it. Until I walked to my Bronco after the hunt. All the doors were locked (with the key inside of it).

I have always been told the Bronco won’t lock with the key inside but in my case this isn’t true.

I was never in danger of being locked out though as my ford pass app has a door unlock and my keypad on the inside of the gas tank flap was able to unlock the Bronco.
I have read numerous times the Bronco won’t lock with the key inside but mine certainly did.
Mine locks when I start driving and the key is inside .

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm pretty sure any remote start triggers all doors to lock. On the fob, one of the remote start sequence buttons is the door lock button. I think it's an anti-theft thing. I know when I start it from my Ford Pass, it's locked.

OP
OP

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
HBTFD, I whiffed on one three times. I’m not a very good goose hunter!!!

IMG_2961.jpeg

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm pretty sure any remote start triggers all doors to lock. On the fob, one of the remote start sequence buttons is the door lock button. I think it's an anti-theft thing. I know when I start it from my Ford Pass, it's locked.
Ram truck does the same thing so agreed, nothing unusual.

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fob can be locked in if you press the lock spot on the door as well, and wont unlock with any handle. Make sure your phone is not on the holder inside or you have a keypad mounted outside somewhere, not in your center console.
No need to ask how I found that out. :cautious:

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you leave your key inside and try to lock the doors, it won’t allow it to lock but if you remote start it automatically or through your phone, it definitely locks the doors because Ford doesn’t want your vehicle running with the doors unlocked after a remote start for security reasons.

Sponsored

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You have to hit a canada goose hard or break a wing to bring one down. I use the tungsten stuff.
Hey a new Club.. Any Bronco owner that hunts geese … 😂

half-fast

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Bronco (2dr)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a keypad get a center console safe and lock your phone and fob inside before locking the doors. Airtags (and similar tracking devices) are quite ineffective when dropped off the drift boat or sneak boat into several feet of water.

FYI, my 2018 F150 Lariat exhibits the same behavior. Forscan allows me to defeat the absurd horn honking and light flashing when you want to lock keys inside.

Is the new BronGoose club open to spouses? My wife own the Bronco but she's an Upland snob. :)

trickewon

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So u leave ur wallet & keys in ur bronco unlocked & u don't see anything wrong with that.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you have a keypad get a center console safe and lock your phone and fob inside before locking the doors. Airtags (and similar tracking devices) are quite ineffective when dropped off the drift boat or sneak boat into several feet of water.

FYI, my 2018 F150 Lariat exhibits the same behavior. Forscan allows me to defeat the absurd horn honking and light flashing when you want to lock keys inside.

Is the new BronGoose club open to spouses? My wife own the Bronco but she's an Upland snob. :)
We can expand the club to any wingshooter.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

tracktoy, only big game =565 pounds of meat in this one.
tracktoy ONESHOT IN THE HEAD
Ford Bronco Learned something new yesterday. RIMG4946.JPG
Ford Bronco Learned something new yesterday. RIMG4952.JPG
Sponsored