Rivdog07

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I've had my OBX with Lux for a couple days now. Ive been hoping the B&O was going to be everything I'd hoped. Needless to say, I was extremely underwhelmed. Just a lifeless, flat sound with no range. So, I read through all the threads on upgrading the speakers and it was a kick in the pants to be staring at another $500-$1000 just to get a slightly better sound.

Then I thought, why not mess with the sound settings on my phone? Holy cow, what a difference! By customizing the EQ, boosting various levels, adaptive sounds,etc., I was able to bring the sound to life. I feel like I just installed a true premium system for the grand total of 5 minutes of my time.

Since I listen to music from my phone, this was the answer. So much so, I can stop looking for speaker upgrades. I Strongly suggest everyone at least try using the fine tuning audio functions already built into your phones.

FYI, I have a Samsung Galaxy S21. General settings/sounds and vibrations/sound quality and effects.

Hope this helps!
Sponsored

Last edited:

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That’s good news

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What sound settings on your phone?

idobleedblue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Sasquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would be curious to know what kind of phone EQing you did and if it could be replicated through the built in EQ in the Bronco system.

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I've had my OBX with Lux for a couple days now. Ive been hoping the B&O was going to be everything I'd hoped. Needless to say, I was extremely underwhelmed. Just a lifeless, flat sound with no range. So, I read through all the threads on upgrading the speakers and it was a kick in the pants to be staring at another $500-$1000 just to get a slightly better sound.

Then I thought, why not mess with the sound settings on my phone? Holy cow, what a difference! By customizing the EQ, boosting various levels, adaptive sounds,etc., I was able to bring the sound to life. I feel like I just installed a true premium system for the grand total of 5 minutes of my time.

Since I listen to music from my phone, this was the answer. So much so, I can stop looking for speaker upgrades. I Strongly suggest everyone at least try using the fine tuning audio functions already built into your phones.

Hope this helps!
Yeah are you using a specific app or something?

Sponsored

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

the B&O, and any other system, will amplify and modify through it's own EQ the main sources's signal. meaning if the main source is only allowing +1 db of bass, the B&O can up that some, but you'll get a better response if you up the bass on the source, in this case the Phone. If you get the phone to do +6 db of bass, that signal will be a much richer signal for the B&O to enhance.

I've heard other B&O systems in other auto makers and they have all sounded great. I'm curious about the one in the bronco. I've seen people post that it's not good, but now I'm wondering if it's because the source is not putting out a good signal because of the new connection to a new blue tooth interface.

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To further cloud the discussion: as I understand it, if you plug in your phone via usb, max bandwidth is higher, compression and downsampling is eliminated and you will GENERALLY get better quality output. There are a lot of variables here but expecting any wireless communication (Bluetooth or WiFi) to perform at parity with native, high-quality hardwire connection usually doesn't work out.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like you’re listening to compressed audio on your phone. Those settings go after the typical issues that badly produced/compressed songs have being played back on a high resolution system.

BlueGhost

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor, 2018 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To further cloud the discussion: as I understand it, if you plug in your phone via usb, max bandwidth is higher, compression and downsampling is eliminated and you will GENERALLY get better quality output. There are a lot of variables here but expecting any wireless communication (Bluetooth or WiFi) to perform at parity with native, high-quality hardwire connection usually doesn't work out.
I don't have a Bronco, or a stereo with wireless AA to test with, but over USB I've had different results in different vehicles.

My Raptor with an after market Kenwood head unit will use the DAC in the head unit when the phone is connected via USB. My Edge with OEM head unit uses the phones DAC and pipes in analog signal over the USB cable. I've heard of other units that only do video via USB and all the audio is done over Bluetooth.

OP
OP

Rivdog07

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a Samsung galaxy s21. Opened the audio settings and just started tinkering.

Sponsored

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI, I have a Samsung Galaxy S21. General settings/sounds and vibrations/sound quality and effects.

Hope this helps!
Had you already tried to mess with the EQ setting in the car first? Just curious if maybe this would give the same results. thanks for sharing the tip!

OP
OP

Rivdog07

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Had you already tried to mess with the EQ setting in the car first? Just curious if maybe this would give the same results. thanks for sharing the tip!
Yes, but the Bronco doesn't have an EQ. Only has tone (low,mid,high) adjustments. By using the source phone to dial in the eq, the Bronco can then adjust even more via the tone settings. Dial both in to give the sound you like.

ingsy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t have my Bronco yet…can you stream over USB? I thought I saw in a review it was wireless streaming only. Thanks

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I found changing the sound settings to Surround in the Bronco's sound settings made a huge improvement, it should have came with that enabled from factory IMO.
Sponsored