Sponsored

Left Fob in bronco, now zero power to anything....

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Searched but to no avail. Been doing some mods on the bronco the last couple of days, no issues. Been driving it off and on both days no issues. When we got home this evening I had the fob in the console, bronco in the driveway. Messed around outside for 20 min or so, got back in the bronco to pull it in the garage, starts up, pull into the garage, go into the house. I'm in the house about 5 min and go back out to get the fob and the bronco has zero power. Nothing happens when I open the door, fob doesn't operate the doors or remote start. Fordpass won't start the bronco either. Searched here, on Google and in the manual, not finding any answers. Have had it sinc 4/16 with zero issues. Thanks.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has nothing to do with the Fob. Mine hasnā€™t left the Bronco in months. Did any of your mods involve removing battery cables?

OP
OP
okbob

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has nothing to do with the Fob. Mine hasnā€™t left the Bronco in months. Did any of your mods involve removing battery cables?
Yes, double checked those first thing. Just went back out to get something out of the bronco and opened the driver door and all is normal................ Not a fan of electrical gremlins whatsoever. I'll update here if something else happens, thanks for the reply.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes, double checked those first thing. Just went back out to get something out of the bronco and opened the driver door and all is normal................ Not a fan of electrical gremlins whatsoever. I'll update here if something else happens, thanks for the reply.
Sounds like a ground issue. Double check every thing you touched if it returns!

OP
OP
okbob

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a ground issue. Double check every thing you touched if it returns!
Shaken and wiggled, can't make it happen again. It's my wife's daily driver, I'm sure I'll hear about it if it happens again tomorrow lol.

Sponsored

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's not entirely correct.

By keeping the key (fob) in there the whole time, the vehicle sees that as it's gonna be go time any second so it keeps everything awake, thus draining battery faster than "normal". Whereas if you take it (the key) out, it actually allowes the modules to start going to sleep.

Doesn't really become an issue unless you go days without driving it but still keeps modules that would normally shut down in 30-60 mins still going.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That's not entirely correct.

By keeping the key (fob) in there the whole time, the vehicle sees that as it's gonna be go time any second so it keeps everything awake, thus draining battery faster than "normal". Whereas if you take it (the key) out, it actually allowes the modules to start going to sleep.

Doesn't really become an issue unless you go days without driving it but still keeps modules that would normally shut down in 30-60 mins still going.
Not entirely correct. I have gone weeks without driving it and the fob sitting in there. Never had a battery issue in this or previous Fords that get the exact same treatment.

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not entirely correct. I have gone weeks without driving it and the fob sitting in there. Never had a battery issue in this or previous Fords that get the exact same treatment.
Oh ok I forgot, I wasn't paid to work on these for 20+ years so I have zero idea how anything works. How dare I post such a thing

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shaken and wiggled, can't make it happen again. It's my wife's daily driver, I'm sure I'll hear about it if it happens again tomorrow lol.
... you mean almost-daily driver now? šŸ¤”

OP
OP
okbob

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DM me your VIN if you want me to check VHR. Some OTAs have been loading and have created issues like this. If it is an OTA, it was likely for the BCM. I did one on my BL with FDRS and it failed to upload correctly, killed everything. Had to rerun and it finally came back.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Searched but to no avail. Been doing some mods on the bronco the last couple of days, no issues. Been driving it off and on both days no issues. When we got home this evening I had the fob in the console, bronco in the driveway. Messed around outside for 20 min or so, got back in the bronco to pull it in the garage, starts up, pull into the garage, go into the house. I'm in the house about 5 min and go back out to get the fob and the bronco has zero power. Nothing happens when I open the door, fob doesn't operate the doors or remote start. Fordpass won't start the bronco either. Searched here, on Google and in the manual, not finding any answers. Have had it sinc 4/16 with zero issues. Thanks.
Good morning. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to help get to the bottom of your Bronco's power issue.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had mine go dark after turning it off when dropping my kids off at camp. Turned out my ground battery terminal was loose. It was still on the post, and would wiggle, but it was slid up the post a bit. I slammed it down and tightened the nut a bunch more and havenā€™t had the problem since.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
DM me your VIN if you want me to check VHR. Some OTAs have been loading and have created issues like this. If it is an OTA, it was likely for the BCM. I did one on my BL with FDRS and it failed to upload correctly, killed everything. Had to rerun and it finally came back.
That's what i was thinking last night, like the computer resettimg or something. but doesn't the OTA happen only after the vehicle been off for a while?
Sponsored