Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Anyone dealt with Ford on trying to get a vehicle replaced not a buy back under lemon law? I have a 2023 bronco raptor that the engine was replaced in august because of a cam phaser/timing belt issue. 3 days of driving later after the bronco died and I was stranded on the side of the road with my dog. I'm being told I dropped a valve so another engine replacement. Two engines in a month wasn't what I was expecting from Ford or on their premier off-road Bronco. I bought the extend warranty thank god, but expect that to help when it comes to getting towed ( that's routed to India) or help with a rental car. Ford was asking me to put that on my credit card then try and get reimbursed. Customer support has been awful, not sure what tier 1 support is even for. It's quicker for me to call the dealer and often times I have more information then they do. What happened to quality control? I wouldn't be so frustrated if I felt like Ford even cared about taking care of the customer. Dealership has been great. I honestly would never recommend anyone buy a ford until they can figure something's out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lksamm

Lksamm

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thank you for the response. I'm my example I've had the car for 5 months it's already been in the shop for the first engine replacement for 30 days, got it back drove it 3 days Second engine blows. Probably get it back in two weeks. I have zero confidence that this one will be any different and reluctant to take it deep into the mountains. I paid 11k under MSRP, wrapped the front for protection, added 7 k of accessories. I know it's a lot to ask, but I just want my raptor to drive! If they gave me what I paid I'm about 30k from getting it replaced. Something is wrong with that.

OP
OP
Lksamm

Lksamm

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Extended warranty didnā€™t help you now, it is all standard 3/36 warranty. If they buy it back and you move on be sure to request an ESP refund. They wonā€™t chase you for that.
When you ESP is that the extended warranty?

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems like a never ending shit show. Bad MIC top and takes 3 shipped to get a good one. Billions with a B in repairs and defects. No accountability at all. It all starts at the top. Maybe Farley's bonus ought to be tied to quality.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It seems like a never ending shit show. Bad MIC top and takes 3 shipped to get a good one. Billions with a B in repairs and defects. No accountability at all. It all starts at the top. Maybe Farley's bonus ought to be tied to quality.
That is one of the best posts I think I have ever seen.. Quality has taken a DUMP across the board on most models Ford has done so far. The good ole days are gone IMO. " Waiting on bot reply"

BroncoDude65

Outer Banks
First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Talking about bad service. My ā€˜22 Bronco was towed to the dealership on June 11 after the transmission failed. I had every light , bell, buzzer in the thing going off. They didnā€™t contact me until after 6 weeks because I called and worried them about it. Around the first of September they contacted me and said they would not repair under warranty. Iā€™d have to pay for the repairs which were close to 10k. I called a tow truck & had it picked up and bought my own parts and had it replaced for $4,500. After that all the lights and buzzers were still going off, so I took it to a local shop and had it scanned and they pointed out that there was a severed wiring harness near the drivers back wheel. (They showed it to me) That cause every system to malfunction from ABS, power steering, parking brake, traction control & even the power windows & on & on. So after about 20 mins, problem solved. This thing only has 8,500 miles. Keep it or move it on down the roadā€¦ idk itā€™s preforming perfect now.

Sponsored

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fear not! Ford official account will be along shortly to ask for VIN and dealer in order to take care of you. They will also most likely compliment you on your great looking Bronco and thanks for your purchase. Which is now a brick. Shameful.
~Esteban in Sammamish

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Talking about bad service. My ā€˜22 Bronco was towed to the dealership on June 11 after the transmission failed. I had every light , bell, buzzer in the thing going off. They didnā€™t contact me until after 6 weeks because I called and worried them about it. Around the first of September they contacted me and said they would not repair under warranty. Iā€™d have to pay for the repairs which were close to 10k. I called a tow truck & had it picked up and bought my own parts and had it replaced for $4,500. After that all the lights and buzzers were still going off, so I took it to a local shop and had it scanned and they pointed out that there was a severed wiring harness near the drivers back wheel. (They showed it to me) That cause every system to malfunction from ABS, power steering, parking brake, traction control & even the power windows & on & on. So after about 20 mins, problem solved. This thing only has 8,500 miles. Keep it or move it on down the roadā€¦ idk itā€™s preforming perfect now.
So was the transmission actually bad or was it the wiring all along? What excuse for not fixing under warranty?

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Your experience same as mine couple decades ago, So nothing has changed. I had engine failure and rebuild and then failures again. Truck would throw check engine code after second rebuild constantly. I tried to get dealer/Ford to buy back but they didnā€™t give a sh!t.

I ended up getting a lawyer. I was out of state the first time and had to pay rental fees etc to get back home and all rental fees every time it was in for warranty work.

There are lawyers who handle just lemon law cases, Ford will settle out of court. You and lawyer will make some money. Just document and keep everything from dealer etc.

Broncolands

Badlands
First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wondering if you pay admin fees if they would give you back those too. In that case a replacement t may be better.
Sponsored